Question about multiple PS Store Accounts

Hey all,  i'm  from Italy/Europe,  and  games here are too much overpriced, a new  AAA standard edition  game from  America  usually costs  around 60 dollars, here in Europe it's 70£, which is roughly 79$, I have no idea why a  game in Europe is so  costly compared to  America, so I  decided to finally  switch  store in order  to  buy more   games, but there are  some problems, and I surely  don't  want to end up  getting banned   and lose all my digital  games.

First off,  due to  the  hacker  attack  many years  ago I  already use  another  Italian/European  account to  buy  stuff, so that if by chance  someone  were  to  take my password  they wouldn't be  able  to  gain   access to my   games, credit card  etc, this  already puts me at  two  accounts, if I  were  to  create an American  account  would that still be fine?  I heard somebody saying that in the  American Store, after your first purchase   you get a  special 50$ dollar  voucher, if that's  true (it surely doesn't happen in Europe lol)  I  can see how  that  system can  easily be  exploited, which  actually scares me even more, since  Sony might see me as a  little thief and ban me.

Lastly,  if I  were to  buy  games  from the    American  store  can I play them on an European  account like mine too?  Or  is  there some kind of  region block?

Thank  you all for  your time!

Any games you buy in one store can be used on another account if you have the account where you buy on your console. I never heard about that special voucher tbf. 

As for the security question I don't know if I get what you meant but any person who gets access on your account can use it, but I hardly see that happening or something like that hacker attack, just be careful with your account. 

Edited by Atlas
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I heard somebody saying that in the  American Store, after your first purchase   you get a  special 50$ dollar  voucher

Someone is lying to you :P

It works the exact same as buying stuff on your other EU account. No region lock, you won't be banned for it. 

• Like 1

I don't know about the $50 Voucher true or not, so can't help you there. I think it's most likely a hoax but I do know that sometimes Sony will give a $10 (I got $10, few years ago) or (if you're lucky enough) $50 voucher. 

Yes, you can play the games that you've purchased from US account on your EU account, no region block whatsoever. 

Lastly, if you're worried about being hack, just turn on the 2-step verification on your accounts. You can even use the 2-step verification on your US account even though your phone number not from US, and you can use the same phone number for multiple accounts. 

Edited by MSIA_pokwee
Typo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Lastly,  if I  were to  buy  games  from the    American  store  can I play them on an European  account like mine too?

PS3 and PS4 games sure thing. PS Vita digital purchases, on the other hand, cannot be played on any other than their owner account (only exception might be a hacked Vita).

Edited by Se7en
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I have no idea why a  game in Europe is so  costly compared to  America

VAT

We have them. US, in majority of states (do create Carolina account btw to avoid taxes), does not have any on digital goods.

17 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Sony might see me as a  little thief and ban me.

I've been using 3 accounts (main, JP, CAN) for years and no problem, this year, I added US one since I won US card and no problems at all.

Anyway, since you mentioned AAA games, creating an US account is definitely advisable since you can easily stay on your main account and just buy the games on your alters :) 

The only problem with multiple accounting is Vita since she doesn't allow multiple accounts. Since you don't have her, you don't need to mind this fact =D

• Like 1