New God of War E3 trailer

DrakeHellsing

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally, I'm not really into that. I like Thor, and I love Loki (who is in modern media misused as being villanous, just like Hades), and many other Norse gods are really cool as well. Contrast the Greek gods, who were just being dicks for much of the time...

Wasn't Loki the god of deception? Not sure. As for some of the greek gods, sometimes they were vengeful and ful of envy for the mortals. The game goes a step further with that, but they did like to toy with mortals.

Just now, TheGwynbleidd said:

Wasn't Loki the god of deception? Not sure. As for some of the greek gods, sometimes they were vengeful and ful of envy for the mortals. The game goes a step further with that, but they did like to toy with mortals.

Loki was more of a chaotic neutral trickster and could be mean-spirited for sure, but western media often depicts him as the bad guy of the Norse gods which is simply not true. Just like with Hades, who was actually pretty fair, as Greek gods come. He would tempt and challenge you, sure, but if Hades punishes you then you've really done something wrong. And not "weaving better than Athena and being proud of it" wrong.

Yeah, Greek gods were vengeful, but also just plain dicks.

20080502.gif

On 13/6/2017 at 3:07 PM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

What...? Man, I seriously hope that is not the case. One of the things that made Kratos so likeable was the fact that he was a mortal (and a demigod as we learned later) who challenged the gods. This would make him a tool for whatever force there is, something that is way opposite to Kratos' beliefs.

As long as i remember,Kratos was someone's tool in most of the games.

In GoW 1 Athena told him to kill Ares in order to be forgiven for killing his family

In GoW 2 Gaia manipulated him in order to start war against Olympus

In GoW 3 Athena's ghost (or whoever that was) did the same with Pandora's box

In Ascesion he was used by Orkos in order to save Olympus from Ares

In Chain of Olympus,well the game's name tells it all

I think that only in GoS he did what he wanted to 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

As long as i remember,Kratos was someone's tool in most of the games.

1- In GoW 1 Athena told him to kill Ares in order to be forgiven for killing his family

2- In GoW 2 Gaia manipulated him in order to start war against Olympus

3- In GoW 3 Athena's ghost (or whoever that was) did the same with Pandora's box

4- In Ascesion he was used by Orkos in order to save Olympus from Ares

5- In Chain of Olympus,well the game's name tells it all

I think that only in GoS he did what he wanted to 

1- That one I agree.

2- Kratos was going wage war against Olimpus with or without the Titan's help;

3- We can barely say that Athena manipulated him. He did what he want and in the end she even felt betrayed. She was afraid that he would slay her again after all;

4- Orkos did not use him. In fact, he was helping someone who he sympatized with for being in a similar situation;

5- Since that story is before GoW1, I agree with that too.

On 13/06/2017 at 1:07 PM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

What...? Man, I seriously hope that is not the case. One of the things that made Kratos so likeable was the fact that he was a mortal (and a demigod as we learned later) who challenged the gods. This would make him a tool for whatever force there is, something that is way opposite to Kratos' beliefs.

I like the God of War games (to varying degrees), but what exactly was 'likable' about Kratos?

He is a sad, angry, pathetic character who feels that his own family's death (which he both caused - by stabbing them - and facilitated - by spending all his life away fighting wars so the Gods took notice and were able to trick him) is justification for destroying everyone else on earth's family.

he takes glee in doing to everyone else EXACTLY the thing that he is pissed about.

He helps no one, even innocent people who beg for help, has childish tantrums, shouts all the time like some internet troll and whenever he finally gets what he is always yelling about (vengeance), does he accepting it? No, he finds some new infraction (which never really happen, its always just the same thing) to whine about so he can keep going with his tantrum rather than face acually trying to live the life that he feels was taken from him (despite the fact that, as mentioned before, he never actually lived it - he spent all his kids life off fighting wars).

Don't get me wrong - fine for a charater in Greek myth - but dude, what's to like exactly?

31 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

1- That one I agree.

2- Kratos was going wage war against Olimpus with or without the Titan's help;

3- We can barely say that Athena manipulated him. He did what he want and in the end she even felt betrayed. She was afraid that he would slay her again after all;

4- Orkos did not use him. In fact, he was helping someone who he sympatized with for being in a similar situation;

5- Since that story is before GoW1, I agree with that too.

2- Gaia saved Kratos and told him to find the sisters in order to prevent his death and wage war against of Olympus.

3- Athena wanted the power from Pandora's box.She saved and used Kratos in order to find it and in return for defeating Zeus with it,Kratos would give her that power

4- At the end of Ascension, Kratos saved Olympus from Ares' plot to take over and in return he started seeing the nightmares from slaughtering his family,plus he started serving the gods in order to redeem himself

In all 3 cases they could just let him die or live in ignorance.They used him in order to achieve their agendas.My ancestors gods were dicks B)

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 5:22 AM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

A good trailer. And it finally answered some questions that I had:

- the story is on the realm of the Norse Gods;

- it seems Kratos has become a world legend and the Norse Gods sees him as a threat. That is why he is attacked;

- again, it looks like he will have the help from the enemies of the gods (as seen in the last scene)

But it left other questions:

1- Who is the boy's mother? If related to Norse mythology, could it be Brunhilde?

2- I dont think Kratos is the boy's father. In the last scene, with the Serpent of the World, Kratos cant understand what the monster is saying, but the boy can. So why would Kratos be protecting him?

We knew it was Norse mythology before, plus, this kid is Kratos son, that's like the premise of the whole game 

On 6/13/2017 at 6:08 AM, KingGuy420 said:

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure they said he's not the same Kratos. He gets reincarnated every time the new set of gods get too powerful, so he can act as death for them.

Kinda the same way Link gets reincarnated every time Ganon comes back in the Zelda games.

No, this is the Kratos from the original games, I swear People look at the trailers and devs interviews damn.

im hopeful for this.

i really loved the first God of War but after that i really hated how they transformed kratos from a vicious man with vengeance to a crybaby that blames everything and everyone in a almost cartoony violence.

"my tummy hurts! Zeeeeus, you will pay for this"  TATATATTATATATAAAAAA

This trailer contributed to my hype levels far more than the first trailer did.

I'm really glad that it showed just enough for us to have more information/some context but not too much just yet. This truly is the next chapter for Kratos, I think this is the game that intrigues me the most (from those shown at E3).