Platinum Race of Pride: The Sinful Race of Greed - July 2017 ~ July 2018

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

3 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

And with that just got to earn 1 more platinum to reach #1,500 and then it will be onto platinum #50 followed by trophy #2,000

I do one platinum at a time but I am going to beat you to Platinum #50 - I just need to do one more speedrun of Shantae Half-Genie Hero (because I wasted too much time getting 100% and got to the final bosses at 3 hours on the dot so I have to do another playthrough at any%) :) And I'm only a few trophies to #2000.

41 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I assume he posted the PSN-rarity and not the PSNProfiles-rarity, as that is 33% atm.

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to do that. I did it on a whim. :(

Just now, Lucas said:

Did you? Or did you just try to get yourself a few extra points hoping no-one would notice :P?

No, I swear I wasn't trying to get extra points. I forgot that you can check the PSNP rarity of a trophy even if you can't update it to your profile. :facepalm:

I promise that will never happen again.

And there it is, Platinum, #50:

1Le3e8cd.png
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Vita version)

Time Earned: July 31, 2017; 4:01 PM

Rarity: 16.55% (Rare)

My rarest platinum and the last one I'll earned for July. I really enjoy this game, which was Kickstarted by fans and published by WayForward, who had also published Platinum #49(Goosebumps the Game) as well as another game i have trophies on, the remake of the NES Boy and His Blob. Shantae and Risky Boots are voiced in this game by Cristina Vee, whose birthday is the same as my dad's(July 11) so that's cool. :D

They were going to have a Risky Boots DLC where you played as the pirate antagonist but I haven't seen it. I also had to do a third playthrough as I missed the 3-hour mark for the any% speedrun trophy but it doesn't bother me a lot because this game is fun to replay. ^_^ If I ever get the time and money I might get the PS4 version and platinum that as well.

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

but can he make quantity over quality win?

Oh yeah, you bet your sweet buttons I will! Just watch some of those title melts as Halloween arrives! Rome wasn't built in a day, though I must admit Ratchet and Andrea are doing pretty well. Kent, what happened? Are you being cut off by real life issues and can't make it to the game console every day? :(

Oh, and as a note, I just saw a trailer for A Hat In Time, which is coming out this fall. Whether it'll join the scorn of the other trophies I have or not depends on whether it's a plat or not and what its rarity is, but it super cool. ^_^

6 hours ago, Andrea said:

Nearly double @MidnightCJ's score with a number of difficult plats...hmm, maybe quality AND quantity is the way to go? Nah, probably better to keep breaking out the 30 point Goosebumps stacks.

I shouldn't speak ill of the dead though - CJ hasn't earned a platinum in about 2 days. I'm no forensic scientist, but based on my calculations I think that means he has died. There's certainly no other explanation for a period of brief inactivity other than a tragic and fatal development.

I am dropping out of this race, no joke intended. A person can only take so much bullying. I don't care if you say nasty things about me, I made this decision on my own accord.

EDIT: Kent sent me a message telling me to delete this, but I merely edited it. I am not taking back anything about I said, and Ratchet quoted the original message so I can't take it back anyways); Instead of defending myself, I am going to embrace what I am, a casual trophy hunter, and stop participating in events that involve cutthroat professionals (figuratively) slicing guts out of the scrubs like me who are foolish enough to participate.

But I am damn proud of who I am. In truth, I shouldn't be trophy hunting, I should be working 9 to 5 to earn money to make ends meet. I almost starved to death because my bank account dropped to $19 because I wasted too much money on PSN sales. If it hadn't been for my parents, I would be malnourished now. I need to reprioritize my money purchases, so that means I can't buy games I want anymore. :(

Edited by MidnightCJ

In the interests of not ending up getting banned from the forums like I had been on the last forums I had frequented, I would like to extend an olive branch to Andrea and Shana and also to Kent. I admit I was a bit crazy at the time. It is just that I don't want to continue in this race for personal and financial reasons. I know I am going to lose this race and say what you want, but I accept this fate. I think it would be better for everyone if I don't be in this race anymore because I can't have fun, I take trophy hunting too seriously. I shouldn't have uttered bad words about Andrea when she didn't even do the same to me. I just take things way too seriously.

I think things got a little out of hand and would like to apologize to everyone I upset. But I do not intend to return to this race because I'll just upset everyone again due to my mental problems. I have OCD up the OCD and ADHD to boot which is a perfect storm. Worse, I have had anger management issues since teenage years and am just recovering so I get way too defensive when people poke fun at me even if it isn't intentional.

Edited by MidnightCJ

5s4kkZ1.gif

In all seriousness.

@MidnightCJ Do you want to know what might help to reduce the banter towards you?
Don't tell every Tom, Dick and Harry about all your personal problems (or information in general). It's fine to write about some of them from time to time but nearly every post of yours feels like "5% about the actual topic, 95% personal yadda-yadda". Keep the posts simple and straight to the topic, with no personal infos that might open up a new vulnerability and it should be much easier.

But I guess you just won't learn from this and will make the same mistakes over and over again. :facepalm:

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

But I guess you just won't learn from this and will make the same mistakes over and over again. :facepalm:

I can learn from this, I just have to. I won't survive if I don't.

To @Andrea and @Shana Alter: I am extremely sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'll come back into the race if you will have me and from now on all my posts in this thread will either be updates revealing platinums I've earned or helpful advice. Like right now, I've just earned another platinum. It is not an Ultra Rare, but I am working on two Ultra Rare games right now - Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest Heroes II. Please understand that I am not going to earn Ultra Rare platinums in a day and I would like to earn platinums of games I like to play, even if they are as common as Nubla, because I want to have fun.

1Lebf031.pngTearaway (Earned August 3, 2017; Rarity 23.29%)

Edited by MidnightCJ

1 minute ago, MidnightCJ said:

I can learn from this, I just have to. I won't survive if I don't.

To @Andrea and @Shana Alter: I am extremely sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'll come back into the race if you will have me and from now on all my posts in this thread will either be updates revealing platinums I've earned or helpful advice.

I accept, looking forward to seeing you make a change for the better :)

Let me just say that I may be platting some easy stuff, but I could have done far worse. I never intend to platinum these games in my life, unless some terrorists put a gun to my head and force me to:

S4f0f60.pngSada80e.pngS094b7f.png

As well as any title on the No Refunds! Project Platinum.

1 hour ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Hmmmm, not sure what happened to all the posts that were yesterday, but now it looks like CJ is just talking to himself, Crimson is enjoying it WAAAAYYYY too much, and Andrea is accepting what he says in case one of them tries planting her into the ground like a potato.

Long story. ? Anyways, nice platinums you earned there. Been trying out games on Playstation Now to try to get another platinum but it looks like I won't be getting another platinum for a while.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Mass Effect :highfive: !!! Are you going to plat ME3 too?

That's the plan :highfive:. I got the trilogy collection thing a few years back, not sure when I'm gonna start on ME3 though, haven't even looked at the trophy list for it yet.

I want to say that if I do update with multiple platinums, they will not be rare unless I multi-task and work on both of them at the same time. I do have some backlog games with UR trophies but I just need the oomph to work on them. If you check the Fall Backlog challenge, you'll see some really good games I intend to platinum during the next few months. Anyways...

1Lf43eb2.png
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Time Earned: August 6, 2017; 4:04 PM

Rarity: 34.39%

I do have a month of Playstation Now so I am going to work on some PS3 trophies despite not having a PS3. This took a while but it's the easiest of the Ratchet and Clank anthology to platinum. However, I did have some trouble getting Your Worst Nightmare because there is no on-line list of enemies as there is for Death by Disco for the reboot of Ratchet and Clank.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Finally. ? I'm so tired (and my sinuses are ruined thanks to five dogs I have five days to watch over - I was smart enough to bring my computer over here so I could update properly) to even post a nice format for the next platinum.

1L853b9a.png

LEGO City Undercover (August 24, 2017)

Rarity: 27.08% (uncommon)

Yes, it's a LEGO Game. But this one took over a week to complete because it has the  largest amount of collectibles in any LEGO game... and I missed a few character tokens after getting everything else. I sat at 99.9% for hours before I finally found that last character token.

I liked the story and characters but ugh, so many challenges... Never again. :(

I am going to spend time on Sly 2 for Vita and try to get that as my next platinum. Also bought FFXII a couple of days ago and will start playing that on my PS4, maybe start with an Order of Ambrosia semi-speedrun to get into the game. I was lucky -t hey had a pre-used copy for $40.41.

I can't promise that more LEGO games and Artifexs will not be on the future updates(Grim Legends 2 is coming out in a few days) but I do plan on getting to work on longer and more challenging games.

Edited by MidnightCJ

On 20/08/2017 at 1:07 AM, Ratchet2425 said:

Oh hey, almost forgot to post my latest platinum :o. Here it is:

:platinum: #90: Dragon Age II

1L44365a.png

Rarity: 8.19%

Good job and congratulations what else are you working on?

19 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

LEGO City Undercover (August 24, 2017)

Rarity: 27.08% (uncommon)

Yes, it's a LEGO Game. But this one took over a week to complete because it has the  largest amount of collectibles in any LEGO game... and I missed a few character tokens after getting everything else. I sat at 99.9% for hours before I finally found that last character token.

I liked the story and characters but ugh, so many challenges... Never again. :(

Games tend to have challenges for a reason why don't you play and platinum the Crash trilogy I hear that is easy and reviewers only said it was hard to get views or you could try Grand Kingdom as it is a really easy UR and only a UR due to it being longer than 30 hours.

I am going to spend time on Sly 2 for Vita and try to get that as my next platinum. Also bought FFXII a couple of days ago and will start playing that on my PS4, maybe start with an Order of Ambrosia semi-speedrun to get into the game. I was lucky -t hey had a pre-used copy for $40.41.

So Sly 2 won't be the next and FFXII is about 8 months away from platinum then?

I can't promise that more LEGO games and Artifexs will not be on the future updates(Grim Legends 2 is coming out in a few days) but I do plan on getting to work on longer and more challenging games.

Yawn... the same game series... play something different like from the Weeblympics.

Well my platinum planning has been changed only going to stick to the planned milestones though may change 2 if certain platinums look nicer so I hope to be causing some problems for people thinking they'd be placed higher soon. Have a few games planned or should I say considered for my next few now although platinum #50 is already planned as is platinum for trophy #2,000 but will it be enough too affect the September's update I wonder?

Not like anybody has any secret weapons they are hiding that they have told everybody about have they?

• Like 2

Time to update with my plats for August:

:platinum: #52: God of War 2 

1L3440aa.png

Rarity: 25.76%

:platinum: #53: Titanfall 2 

1L8f9b2f.png

Rarity: 11.08%

:platinum: #54: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PS3)

1Ld1830e.png

Rarity: 54.03%

:platinum: #55: Crash Bandicoot

1L25a470.png

Rarity: 15.34%

:platinum: #56: God of War: Chains of Olympus

1L042254.png

Rarity: 36.60%

Overall, a decent month in terms of plats. Titanfall 2 and Crash Bandicoot were both excellent in terms of both gameplay, graphics and audio. The God of War games have great gameplay however, they get quite boring towards the end. Hopefully that will change with God of War 3 as I hear it is the best one. Sly was quite a drag however, it's not terrible and can be fun at times. I have plans to plat the rest of the series so hopefully they have more variety and aren't as tedious as the first game although it was an easy plat.

Trophy hunting slowed down in the middle of the month due to personal reasons,however everything is okay and I'm back to earning plats. My current score is 719.67, meaning I'm still in last place but that's soon to change. I'm aiming for at least 10 plats next month so I should be able to work my way up. 

• Like 4