Platinum Race of Pride: The Sinful Race of Greed - July 2017 ~ July 2018

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

On 7/24/2017 at 0:59 AM, Lady Blanc said:

Have fun with that FFXIV plat, @MidnightCJ, the 1000 FATEs and 1000 levequests trophies are extremely tedious unless you space them out, and there are 2 particular FATEs I know of that are mind-numbingly hard unless a very large amount of players are involved, and by large amount, I mean not even a Full Party is remotely sufficient to clear them, they are called "Steel Reign", which will appear anywhere within the Black Shroud (Central Shroud, North Shroud, East Shroud and South Shroud) and "It's Not Lupus" in Eastern La Noscea (Costa del Sol side).

Thanks for the support, though I may have to postpone extending my subscription for a month since I heard that they are hiking the price up by a fair amount due to some idiot hackers attacking the game with DDoS attacks and I just got onto Playstation Now and don't know how to cancel the free trial so I may be losing a lot of money on that. :( I will definitely return to it, since I just earned "One With Steel" and am leveling up Carpentry and Leatherworking, having my character gotten to Gridania. (Yes, I created a new character who started in Limsa Lominsa while dog-sitting but this is my permanent main who will be earning the platinum, I swear to all that's holy! ?)

I do have some common plats on the way, but I also started Grim Fandango Remastered(need to figure out what I am doing wrong in Year 2) and have The Witness on ice(I could get the plat for it now, I just need to get the ending and complete THE CHALLENGE, which is aggravating as I downloaded the 1.05 version so I can't use the Rest Mode exploit to pause the challenge so I can figure out the puzzles as I keep getting caught in the dang maze at the end as the music is ending). I also have a couple of Weeblympics(Terraria on my Vita and Dark Cloud 2 on my PS4).

Just to remind you, I DO have good games but I want to get all the easy plats out of my life so I can get to work on the grindy stuff.

20 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

:platinum: Platinum #036 - ラブライブ! School idol paradise Vol.2 BiBi :platinum:

1La82f64.png

Rarity: 53.37% Common

With the the #1,337 milestone is done next is platinum #040 and then trophy #1,500 will hopefully have those before the month ends.

I also noticed you had another update on the way, having checked your PSN profile and finding another platinum after that. You don't f*** around when you get going, do you? :D

10 hours ago, Andrea said:

Another update for me:

Bridge Constructor - 47.37% (52.63 points)

NCAA Football 11 - 3.48% (96.52 points)

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel - 17.07% (82.93 points)

Score at last update: 858.6

Score to date: 1090.68

Hopefully will have 3 more plats (all UR/VR) before the end of July.

Neither do you, Andrea. xD

As I said before, I am getting the easy-peasy games out of the way so I can focus on my own time-intensive games later on. If I have to eat ramen for a few months instead of decent food to get the money for FFXII and to keep my subs going for FFXIV and GameFly, I will. My parents will probably confiscate my debit card but they don't understand how important these platinum trophies are to us trophy hunters. ;)

(I'm joking about starving myself, though. I am currently going to be lacking in my bank account due to me buying Terraria and Broken Age on the Vita because they were cheap due to the current Flash Sale, despite realizing that would take $5 out of my bank account. I don't intend to forego food or cleaning supplies to keep my clothes and dishes clean, though.)

11 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Thanks for the support, though I may have to postpone extending my subscription for a month since I heard that they are hiking the price up by a fair amount due to some idiot hackers attacking the game with DDoS attacks and I just got onto Playstation Now and don't know how to cancel the free trial so I may be losing a lot of money on that. :(

This explains how to cancel your PS Now subscription.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/2shu8p/how_to_cancel_playstation_now_subscription/

3 minutes ago, viech54 said:

This explains how to cancel your PS Now subscription.

Thanks! I will be sure to do that as soon as I get the platinum for LEGO Batman 2. I probably will reinstate it in a future month (I would like to add Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch to the cabinet before its sequel comes out in 2018 ^_^) but for now I can't afford the sub that will happen after the free trial expires. Other than FFXII: The Zodiac Age(I beat the original on the PS2 because I used a power-up guide for it and hopefully I can complete the Trial Mode; maybe I can do an Order of Ambrosia speedrun for funsies :D) I will stop buying games since between PS Now and GameFly I will probably be able to rent any game I want and play it as long as I want before stopping it, and still have money for the FFXIV sub(though I hope my dog-sitting money will be enough to cover a purchase of Stormblood for FFXIV as well so I can play with that content once I get the plat).

Well, not sure if I should update considering that the chances of me getting kicked out of this race by Shana for what I said in another thread are 90%, but meh, what the hell... If what she said was true, then I have no chance in hell of winning since "I'll drop FFXIV like a rock" even though I said I would reinstate the subscription when I have the money. Not everyone is a multi-millionaire and can buy 100 Japanese games. :(

1L60ddf2.png
LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (PS3)
Earned: July 27, 2017; 3:44 PM

Rarity: 23.96% (Uncommon)

Current Score: 468.13

EDIT: I want to apologize to my information about FFXIV getting a price hike. Turns out that the sub price hike is only for the people of Russia and Brazil playing the game to bring it up to our price level because they're only paying a translated $4.83 per month for the subs. OOPS.

Yeah, go ahead and laugh me, I deserve the egg on my face. :(

Yet another platinum to the pot:

1Lc0aa32.png
LEGO Jurassic World (Vita version)
Earned: July 26, 2017; 10:05 PM
Rarity: 58.07% (Common

Current Score: 554.50

This is my 46th platinum, gearing up for an epic 50th. :)

Edited by MidnightCJ

On 7/25/2017 at 8:31 AM, MidnightCJ said:

I also started Grim Fandango Remastered(need to figure out what I am doing wrong in Year 2)

On 7/26/2017 at 6:09 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor throwing egg on face gif

I had to use Dragon's animated GIF because I am such a douchebag for no reason. I checked a walkthrough on gamerwalkthroughs.com and found I was using the ticket on the wrong booth. :facepalm: Well, as soon as I get some sleep I'll get that Double Fine plat ASAP. (Already halfway through Year 2, so it'll be easy. ^_^)

Also downloaded Goosebumps The Game but I am not sure I want to touch that yet. Probably Broken Age on the Vita(which I downloaded on a whim and one of the reason why I only have $26 in my bank account. ?

Expect a Kingdom Hearts game to show up in the platinum cabinet later this year. I owe it to Bl00dyBizkit to platinum Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix by hook or by crook.

EDIT: Got it. ^_^?

1L12c265.png

Grim Fandango Remastered
Earned: July 27, 2017; 10:51 AM

Rarity: 23.10% (uncommon)

Current Score: 631.40

Edited by MidnightCJ

Already have plans for my 50th platinum trophy - got the money for the PSN store and will purchase it from there once I take a shower. Here's a little picture hint I edited in ImageForge from a trophy in the game. (I'm not trying to keep it secret, tho.) Just need to think of what to plat as my 48th and 49th. :D

weirdgenie.PNG

Edited by MidnightCJ

14 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Already have plans for my 50th platinum trophy - got the money for the PSN store and will purchase it from there once I take a shower. Here's a little picture hint I edited in ImageForge from a trophy in the game. (I'm not trying to keep it secret, tho.) Just need to think of what to plat as my 48th and 49th. :D

weirdgenie.PNG

Don't you already own Half Genie Hero on your DetectiveCJ account?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

weirdgenie.PNG

May I ask why you're spending money on a game you already have considering Shantae Half Genie Hero is on your @DetectiveCJ account? That seems like a waste of money to me. 

Edit: :ninja:'d

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Don't you already own Half Genie Hero on your DetectiveCJ account?

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

May I ask why you're spending money on a game you already have considering Shantae Half Genie Hero is on your @DetectiveCJ account? That seems like a waste of money to me.

Well, I said I wasn't keeping it a secret, expected someone to note the huge earrings. I should have edited it more. :P

And for those asking, yes, I platinumed that game on my third account, but that was a physical copy and I traded it back in after platinuming the game, so I don't actually have it. My third account has a bunch of games in my library called "purchased" but I can't play them as I don't own the physical copy of the game. There's a difference... unless PSN allows you to download the game from the store if you had a physical copy of it. Please, enlighten me, can you actually do that because I know Tearaway Unfolded and Dragon Quest Builders are on my third account's library as purchased but I can't play them on my current account because it opens up the PSN store entry for them and the price for the game.

5 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

And for those asking, yes, I platinumed that game on my third account, but that was a physical copy and I traded it back in after platinuming the game, so I don't actually have it. My third account has a bunch of games in my library called "purchased" but I can't play them as I don't own the physical copy of the game. There's a difference... unless PSN allows you to download the game from the store if you had a physical copy of it. Please, enlighten me, can you actually do that because I know Tearaway Unfolded and Dragon Quest Builders are on my third account's library as purchased but I can't play them on my current account because it opens up the PSN store entry for them and the price for the game.

PSN won't allow you to do that. If you had the physical version when you played the game, you need the disc to start the game. Downloaded games can be freely shared between all accounts on your console if it's marked as the primary console of the account that bought the game.

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

PSN won't allow you to do that. If you had the physical version when you played the game, you need the disc to start the game. Downloaded games can be freely shared between all accounts on your console if it's marked as the primary console of the account that bought the game.

Thank you, viech. That was exactly what I was trying to say! ^_^

Anyways, I have plans to plat Sly 2 and Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 as the two games before Shantae. Already started Shantae and got 5% trophies on it.

Edited by MidnightCJ

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I think you got a little off track on the scoring somewhere, because I calculate it to be 673.62

Okay, I am not very good at math even though I rock at basic algebra. xD

I have edited it.

Edited by MidnightCJ

9 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Okay, I am not very good at math even though I rock at basic algebra. xD

I have edited it.

Score is NOT how it was when earned the scores can change daily due to rarity changes so if you are going to post a score total remember that so there are no complaints when the monthly updates are done and it is lower then you counted

7 minutes ago, Shana Alter said:

Score is NOT how it was when earned the scores can change daily due to rarity changes so if you are going to post a score total remember that so there are no complaints when the monthly updates are done and it is lower then you counted

So I should just let you guys keep score. Okay, I will stop calculating my score from now on.

I have decided not to put a score now since I was told the score is going to be inconsistent constantly as the rarity flucuates, so...

1L9e1b04.png
Goosebumps: The Game

When Earned: July 30, 2017; 5:52 PM

Rarity: 73.79% (Common)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I know. I said the more respectable Sly 2 was going to be in this spot, but I made an error and lost all my saved progress at the beginning of Part 2, so I have to go collect bottles again. :facepalm: I just wanted this cop-out out of my life and besides, I did enjoy a few Goosebumps episodes when it was on TV.

Anyways, I only have a couple of trophies to get for my 50th platinum, but they require a bit of planning so it may not be earned until tomorrow. I have to eat and whatnot. :)

Edited by MidnightCJ

14 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I have decided not to put a score now since I was told the score is going to be inconsistent constantly as the rarity flucuates, so...

1L9e1b04.png
Goosebumps: The Game

When Earned: July 30, 2017; 5:52 PM

Rarity: 33.0%

How is the rarity for Goosebumps 33.0%? I just checked and it's at 73.99, and even if you took the inverse of that (aka its actual score for this competition,) 33 is a long way off from its actual value of 26.01, and there's no way it changed nearly 7 points overnight.

Anyways, two more for me:

Guitar Hero 5 - 1.17 - 98.83

Thief (not popped yet, but prepared and will be later tonight) - 3.67 - 96.33

Month 1 Total: ~1286.02

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andrea said:

How is the rarity for Goosebumps 33.0%? I just checked and it's at 73.99, and even if you took the inverse of that (aka its actual score for this competition,) 33 is a long way off from its actual value of 26.01, and there's no way it changed nearly 7 points overnight.

I assume he posted the PSN-rarity and not the PSNProfiles-rarity, as that is 33% atm.