PS4 Pro games that let you choose between 4K or higher fps?

Rammstone

I am kind of surprised I can't find a list anywhere of games that do this. It seems like a lot of people enjoy having this feature. I thought I would try to collect some information on it. From googling I can only find Rise of the Tomb Raider, Nioh and The Surge that give you this option.

Are there any more that you know of?

23 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

Truth is, there isn't a lot of games doing that.. aside from your list, there is also Final Fantasy XV. Most games that get a Pro patch only get the """4K""" treatment, which is a huge disappointment because games at 30fps always feel disturbing to me.

They do!? The vast majority of console games run at 30 fps though, so I guess console gaming disturbs you in general? There's always PC if you're into that. :P Personally, 30fps feels totally fine to me, although higher frame rates are always better of course. I'm only "disturbed" if there's a noticeable dip below 30fps which thankfully I don't encounter often. I don't really have an eye for these things though.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

They do!? The vast majority of console games run at 30 fps though, so I guess console gaming disturbs you in general? There's always PC if you're into that. :P Personally, 30fps feels totally fine to me, although higher frame rates are always better of course. I'm only "disturbed" if there's a noticeable dip below 30fps which thankfully I don't encounter often. I don't really have an eye for these things though.

All the games on my PS4 and everything I have played recently runs at 60fps, with the exception of Alienation. It's bearable unless it's a FPS or anything with a first person perspective.. it's just too noticeable for me when moving the camera there. Often these games have a horrible FOV too, Destiny is a prime example.. I had to put the game down because of that. And because it was shit. 

PC doesn't have many jrpgs or games that interest me.. I'd rather have games I actually like. Sure I would love to have 144fps in everything but what's the point if the game isn't any fun? Either way, that step towards "4K gaming" really should have gone towards better framerates. 

17 hours ago, poopooblast said:

Infamous second son/first light

Rise of the tomb raider

Nioh

No man's sky(not sure though)

I think FFXV

These are from the top of my head. 

I believe most of the games you mentioned all have an uncapped frame-rate, but they don't run at a consistent 60 fps. 

No Man's Sky actually got an uncapped frame-rate option for both standard PS4 and the Pro. Obviously the Pro has better results, but it still isn't the rock solid 60 fps some of us where hoping for. 

Same thing could be said for ROTR, and FFXV. I believe both Infamous Titles run at 60 fps for the vast majority of the time on Pro. Can't comment on Nioh.

11 hours ago, Ratchet said:

I believe most of the games you mentioned all have an uncapped frame-rate, but they don't run at a consistent 60 fps. 

No Man's Sky actually got an uncapped frame-rate option for both standard PS4 and the Pro. Obviously the Pro has better results, but it still isn't the rock solid 60 fps some of us where hoping for. 

Same thing could be said for ROTR, and FFXV. I believe both Infamous Titles run at 60 fps for the vast majority of the time on Pro. Can't comment on Nioh.

Eh I mean the pro can't really maintain a solid 60fps so that's as closest as you're going to get :) . Now I've only played infamous out of these and I can definitely say it's a major improvement!

On 6/15/2017 at 11:54 PM, gameoncomrade said:

Hitman: Supports choice between 4K/30fps, 1440p/ unlocked FPS. 

HITMAN has enriched and improved visuals overall on PS4 Pro. "Furthermore it uses the extra memory of PS4 Pro to stream in higher quality textures, yielding more details." No 4K display required to see some of the benefits. https://hitman.com/en-us/news/ps4-pro-support

Not an expert on these things and can't compare to a regular PS4, but at least the game looks gorgeous on PS4 Pro + a regular HD TV and runs on a steady framerate all the time.

Would be great if there was some kind of a comprehensive list of games with PS4 Pro support and what improvements are offered.