BlueBerry_1337

Ark price from 35 to 70?!

14 posts in this topic

Ive been keeping an eye out for Ark, waiting for a sale, but what I got instead is a price raise?! It was 35€ now its 70€ ?????!!!!!! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cause the game actually came out. It was early access before.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe the new price might be the the full pack, which includes Scorched Earth and two new expansions they are adding on after release full release.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a complete turnout of events . The unexpected has happened. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Believe the new price might be the the full pack, which includes Scorched Earth and two new expansions they are adding on after release full release.

 

No. Its a ripoff now. In the US, before the price increase you could buy the game + Scorched Earth for $54.99.

 

Now after the price increase, the game itself costs $59.99 and the Scorched Earth expansion costs $19.99. So its $79.98 total for the both. 

 

So basically they increased the price by 45%. No one should support these devs. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lordzeze said:

 

No. Its a ripoff now. In the US, before the price increase you could buy the game + Scorched Earth for $54.99.

 

Now after the price increase, the game itself costs $59.99 and the Scorched Earth expansion costs $19.99. So its $79.98 total for the both. 

 

So basically they increased the price by 45%. No one should support these devs. 

 

The game wasn't technically out before. They rewarded people with a lower price point for jumping in early.

 

Lots of games do this now days. Mostly when they need an influx of cash to help wrap up development. Of course they're going to reward people for supporting them when they need it the most.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

 

The game wasn't technically out before. They rewarded people with a lower price point for jumping in early.

 

Lots of games do this now days. Mostly when they need an influx of cash to help wrap up development. Of course they're going to reward people for supporting them when they need it the most.

 

What other console games do this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

 

What other console games do this?

 

Paladins is currently doing it. Dungeon Defenders 2 did it since it started development, right up until it launched yesterday. There's been a bunch more but I'm to lazy to keep going.

 

And yes, it is mostly free 2 play games that do it. But it is the exact same model / thought process. Take Dungeon Defenders, I bought in early for 15$ and got a bunch of micro transaction currency. Now that the game launched, people are paying 25-30$ for the same amount of gems that I got for 15$ for buying in early. Same general idea of what's going on with Ark.

Edited by KingGuy420
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

 

Paladins is currently doing it. Dungeon Defenders 2 did it since it started development, right up until it launched yesterday. There's been a bunch more but I'm to lazy to keep going.

 

And yes, it is mostly free 2 play games that do it. But it is the exact same model / thought process. Take Dungeon Defenders, I bought in early for 15$ and got a bunch of micro transaction currency. Now that the game launched, people are paying 25-30$ for the same amount of gems that I got for 15$ for buying in early. Same general idea of what's going on with Ark.

 

I personally would not say those examples are the same because like you said they are F2P. Plus the stuff you are buying are not requirements to play the game (they are basically just microtransactions).

 

Only game I can think of which which they rose the price is Shovel Knight, but they actually added more stuff to it.

Edited by lordzeze
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

 

I personally would not say those examples are the same because like you said they are F2P. Plus the stuff you are buying are not requirements to play the game (they are basically just microtransactions).

 

Only game I can think of which which they rose the price is Shovel Knight, but they actually added more stuff to it.

 

More stuff is being added to ARK though, they are adding a brand new map next month for everyone to enjoy including new servers to host the map.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lordzeze said:

 

I personally would not say those examples are the same because like you said they are F2P. Plus the stuff you are buying are not requirements to play the game (they are basically just microtransactions).

 

Only game I can think of which which they rose the price is Shovel Knight, but they actually added more stuff to it.

 

Well, you can personally say they're not the same if you want... But you're wrong.

 

In both situations, the devs needed money to help finish development so they offered something at a discount to help get it there. It's called early access. What the devs offered at a discount is irrelevant.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lordzeze said:

 

I personally would not say those examples are the same because like you said they are F2P. Plus the stuff you are buying are not requirements to play the game (they are basically just microtransactions).

 

Only game I can think of which which they rose the price is Shovel Knight, but they actually added more stuff to it.

 

32 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

 

Well, you can personally say they're not the same if you want... But you're wrong.

 

In both situations, the devs needed money to help finish development so they offered something at a discount to help get it there. It's called early access. What the devs offered at a discount is irrelevant.

 

Shovel Knight did not add more stuff with the price increase.

 

Shovel Knight is getting more DLC, this is true, but the people who paid €15 early on are getting the exact same package as people who are paying €25 now.

 

The developers even came out and said that they needed to increase the base price if they wanted to finish all the free DLC they promised, and they gave the official date on which the price would increase so people could still get it for the lower initial pricing.

 

I paid the full price (the Switch version came out at release last March, the price increase was somewhere in January I think) and I'm very glad to have sponsored these developers.

 

Stuff like this happens. Early access, Kickstarter sponsors, pre-order sales... There's lots of reasons why someone buying the game before it's finished can be off cheaper than people who wait a while. All that matters to me is if the game is worth the price I will be paying when I buy it myself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every early access game ive seen or owned have always said in disclaimer price may go up after full release. You either play the game in early access and get the game cheaper but full of bugs, not much content and risk it will never get finished or you wait until its finished and pay more. The real question is why is the console version always twice as dear as buying it of steam and its never as good as pc version. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.