That Other, Other Platinum Race, that's also rather misleading

Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?

• Mesopithicus
    • Edunstar84
    • Psy-Tychist
    • Is there someone else who should be here?

4 more points to add, bringing the total up to 82.  Playing MeiQ has slowed me down somewhat but should gain some precious UR with the remainder of the trophies I have left.

9S130741.png  Metal Crest Dungeon Conqueror (8.12%)

21Sd92cfd.png  Flare the Strong (9.28%)

35S2671b1.png  Grand Master (4.52%)

• Like 1

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

4 more points to add, bringing the total up to 82.  Playing MeiQ has slowed me down somewhat but should gain some precious UR with the remainder of the trophies I have left.

9S130741.png  Metal Crest Dungeon Conqueror (8.12%)

21Sd92cfd.png  Flare the Strong (9.28%)

35S2671b1.png  Grand Master (4.52%)

Doesn't seem too bad! More exciting than my golf game. :) 

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

Doesn't seem too bad! More exciting than my golf game. :) 

It's grindy with 4 playthroughs.  I think that's the only reason it's UR.

You're making good progress on Everybody's Golf though :D

Edited by Mesopithecus

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

How bad is the grind? Maybe I'll add it to my Weeblympics list. 

It doesn't seem so bad.  You need to get characters to level 999 but there are XP raising items that help.

I'd say if you like dungeon crawlers, JRPGs and Compile Hearts/Idea Factory then you'd definitely enjoy MeiQ.  It's been on sale really cheap too, it was $3.99 when I picked it up

7 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

How is SO5 going @Edunstar84?

Still in the early part of the game, and I'm laying down some solid groundwork vis a vis the battle trophies. It's a lot of grind for so little. Also, there aren't any cinematic cutscenes to speak of. Makes the whole game feel like it's missing something. And at the moment, the plot feels very weak. I hope it gets better though.

Other than that, I still recommend playing this before SO4. It's a great intro to the series, I think, because it's missing a lot of meat. If someone starts here, they don't really know what they're missing.

Few more MeiQ trophies for a total of 12 points (Running total = 99)

I've nearly reached my goal of getting 100 points this month.

24S1d4777.png  Ultimate Estra (4.17%)

26Sc8168f.png  Ultimate Flare (4.28%)

26Sc8168f.png  Ultimate Maki (4.28%)

26Sc8168f.png  Ultimate Connie (4.06%)

26Sc8168f.png  Ultimate Setia (4.06%)

30Sf0654e.png  Guardian Master (3.95%)

I wish the trophy icons were a bit more imaginative and varied.  I've been patiently (or should that be impatiently) waiting to hear from @Psy-Tychist  Any exciting updates for us?

2 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I wish the trophy icons were a bit more imaginative and varied.  I've been patiently (or should that be impatiently) waiting to hear from @Psy-Tychist  Any exciting updates for us?

I believe it's a trick to make us feel complacent. Da-da-dummmmmmm!!! I have a couple of trophies to add as well, but I'll add those later. I took a little break from Everybody's Golf and will try again next week. Hate that it frustrates me so, and at the same time so addicting!

Small update:

Still with Star Ocean and saw my first cutscene...13 hours into the game. I'm sure it's not that far, but I'm doing quests in the meantime. Nothing is completely missable, and the plat needs 3 playthroughs, but I would like to finish everything (100% bestiary/quests/items) on my 1st playthrough. Also started Tales of Symphonia. You need to complete the game 100% and some of those titles would give any casual trophy hunter a heart attack. It's insane! 

Well, since I'm here - an additional 2 points, which makes it a whopping 10 points!

36S9a1c41.png Journey's End...? (7.30%)

9Se224be.png Go For the Ace! (9.89%)

• Like 1

Updated the OP with new scores.

Congrats to Rach who has broken 100 points before the end of July. At this rate, you will be over 1000 points at the end of this.

So I'd do some updated stats (not on mine as it hasn't changed yet), so here they are:

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 2284 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 62 = 2.71%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 55 = 2.41%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2514 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.07%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 4.46%

So Rach's average has increased dramatically in both areas, especially the UR.

Edunstars has yoyo-ed around a little but will be going up soon I imagine after doing Star Ocean and Tales of Symphonia.

19 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I've been patiently (or should that be impatiently) waiting to hear from @Psy-Tychist  Any exciting updates for us?

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I believe it's a trick to make us feel complacent. Da-da-dummmmmmm!!!

Well, I wish I had more exciting an update really, I'm dipping in and out of Slain: Back from Hell and that will yield some juicy points later down the line and Oddworld: New'N'Tasty when I get the controls, erm, under control. At the moment, I've had rubbish sleeping patterns and it isn't helping my work, personal or gaming time atm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Well, I wish I had more exciting an update really, I'm dipping in and out of Slain: Back from Hell and that will yield some juicy points later down the line and Oddworld: New'N'Tasty when I get the controls, erm, under control. At the moment, I've had rubbish sleeping patterns and it isn't helping my work, personal or gaming time atm.

Oh no! Not being able to sleep can wreck a person's life. I really hope you'll be able to.

On 28/07/2017 at 6:48 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Oh no! Not being able to sleep can wreck a person's life. I really hope you'll be able to.

I should be OK, thanks for the concern.

I have updated the OP with my first point! It's all downhill from here...

Rach has garnered some more UR trophies, so I have updated this as well.

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I should be OK, thanks for the concern.

I have updated the OP with my first point! It's all downhill from here...

Rach has garnered some more UR trophies, so I have updated this as well.

First point is call for a celebration

jamie-oliver-2014-chocolate-celebration-

I should get the platinum on MeiQ in the next few hours, so that's a cause to celebrate for me too....means the grind will be done

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Wahoo! That's a gorgeous piece of dessert. I love, love chocolate :D 

It looks so delicious.  Love me a slice of chocolate cake.

Just managed to finish MeiQ, so picked up my second UR platinum of the event

1Lc0047d.png

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 4

@Mesopithecus - you're playing Child of Light?! I absolutely love this game. I've completed it twice on the PS3 and the Vita. Going to play it again on the PS4 when I get the chance. One of the many games that deserved the platinum trophy. I hope Ubisoft develops another like this one. 

Update:

I'm slowly getting to the last couple of chapters in Star Ocean. The story's okay so far with minimal grinding. Though that will come in later in post-game. The battle system is probably the most exciting bit in this game. You can customize your characters according to your fighting style, which is always good.

Unfortunately, most of the ultra rare trophies are pretty much tied with completing the game 100% (completing the bestiary, items, item creation, etc). I won't have those for another few weeks. I have family coming over from Florida. 

For now, I sort of ditched Everybody's Golf, but will come back to it after another couple of months. This may or may not be a good idea, since I have to play consistently to get better. Still hoping I'll finish it before end of this year though.

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Mesopithecus - you're playing Child of Light?! I absolutely love this game. I've completed it twice on the PS3 and the Vita. Going to play it again on the PS4 when I get the chance. One of the many games that deserved the platinum trophy. I hope Ubisoft develops another like this one. 

Update:

I'm slowly getting to the last couple of chapters in Star Ocean. The story's okay so far with minimal grinding. Though that will come in later in post-game. The battle system is probably the most exciting bit in this game. You can customize your characters according to your fighting style, which is always good.

Unfortunately, most of the ultra rare trophies are pretty much tied with completing the game 100% (completing the bestiary, items, item creation, etc). I won't have those for another few weeks. I have family coming over from Florida. 

For now, I sort of ditched Everybody's Golf, but will come back to it after another couple of months. This may or may not be a good idea, since I have to play consistently to get better. Still hoping I'll finish it before end of this year though.

Yea, I've fancied some shorter games after finishing MeiQ.  Finished Child of Light yesterday ^_^  Played it once before on my old account but it was definitely as good as I remembered.  I'm having an UR/VR drought at the moment as a result but hope that picks up again with my next weeblympics game (which I'm thinking will either me Mind=0 or Omega Quintet)

• Like 1

Yea, I've fancied some shorter games after finishing MeiQ.  Finished Child of Light yesterday ^_^  Played it once before on my old account but it was definitely as good as I remembered.

It's strangely chill for a game with quite dark undertones, I really should finish the story up on it.

I'm having an UR/VR drought at the moment as a result but hope that picks up again with my next weeblympics game (which I'm thinking will either me Mind=0 or Omega Quintet)

I'm sure there are other much shorter games that need your attention... ?

@Edunstar84, is Star Ocean as micro-managey as I remember it being when I played it on the PS2?

Small Update:

Slain: Back to Hell is a pain in the arse as I haven't played something like this in a very long while. Probably the closest thing I have played would be Double Dragon Neon, it's just as annoying yet satisfying.

Other than that, mostly been trying to have fun with gaming again.

26 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm sure there are other much shorter games that need your attention... 1f60f.png

Oooh yea there are, thanks for reminding me:  Laser Disco Defenders, Aaru's Awakening, Vessel, Don't Die Mr Robot, Road Not Taken.....great suggestion there Psy :awesome:

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Edunstar84, is Star Ocean as micro-managey as I remember it being when I played it on the PS2?

It's not as bad with this newer edition. I'm about 70-90% done with all of the related trophies, and the only thing I've kept up on is the item creation and the quests. All this done at 57 hours. Not too bad. If you're thinking about getting back on the Star Ocean train, it's a great time to jump on.

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Slain: Back to Hell is a pain in the arse as I haven't played something like this in a very long while. Probably the closest thing I have played would be Double Dragon Neon, it's just as annoying yet satisfying.

Double Dragon Neon is a cool game. Yet I still suck at it and at Scott Pilgrim. x__x

Playing both in local co-op we never managed to get past mission 5 in Double Dragon Neon (the one with the Killacopter and the Giant Tank) or level 4 in Scott Pilgrim (the one against Roxanne Richter). Might have to give them a second chance, though.

On 07/08/2017 at 10:27 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Double Dragon Neon is a cool game. Yet I still suck at it and at Scott Pilgrim. x__x

Playing both in local co-op we never managed to get past mission 5 in Double Dragon Neon (the one with the Killacopter and the Giant Tank) or level 4 in Scott Pilgrim (the one against Roxanne Richter). Might have to give them a second chance, though.

If you have the patience you can farm coins in Scott Pilgrim just outside the Video shop where Scott owes money. It will take maybe 30 mins or less to get enough money to buy all the bits you need to be Level 20 :)

Double Dragon is hard though, I just about got through the game, but the ending song is totally worth the hard graft.

On 06/08/2017 at 11:57 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Oooh yea there are, thanks for reminding me:  Laser Disco Defenders, Aaru's Awakening, Vessel, Don't Die Mr Robot, Road Not Taken.....great suggestion there Psy :awesome:

Well at least most of those have been free on PS+, so I can jump on the bandwagon too :P

OK, some updates:

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 2354 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 68 = 2.89%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 54 = 2.29%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2542 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.18%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 4.41%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 7884 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 12 = 0.15%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 100 = 1.27%

These stats are a little misleading as it says I have earned 7 VR trophies but since July I have only earned 4 (which is still 4 points) and Rach has one less than before due to some trophies becoming less rare. Points will still be awarded from July as normal, the stats may just be a little odd.

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping track of the statistics @Psy-Tychist, it looks great :)  

Bumped up my UR and VR count again the past couple of days from Drawn to Death, will probably get that finished up at some point this week netting me UR :platinum: #3 in this race :D

6UR = 74 total

6VR = 60 total

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1