Help me pick Halloween platinums!

1 hour ago, PALALOU said:

Maybe darksiders 1 & 2...

Silent hill downpour

and try this one Hunted: the demon´s forge

and i completely forgot Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut. a good game

These look really good. I don't have a ps3 right now though. I checked PSnow to be sure and not available there either.  Darksiders is the exception. I'll definitely consider that series. 

13 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Isn't it two months too soon to be doing a Halloween event? xD

I kid, welcome to the madhouse, Toogie53! Considering your avatar, I think you'll fit right in. ;)

I may or may not be addicted to trophy hunting at this point. Haha. I really love Halloween and, yeah, this is an early post but I've been working full-time, going to school full-time, raising kids, etc etc. for the past several years. I just finished school and I told my wife I'm not doing anything but binging on games for a few months.This is kind of why my list is half full of random shit like Skylanders is because I game with my kids. I'm looking to play some more stuff that I'm interested in and a Halloween-themed mega-hunt is a good excuse. :)

14 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

I platinumed Dead Island Definitive Edition last Halloween, pretty self satisfying, I mean, comeon, a zombie platinum on Halloween, pretty fitting don't ya think? :)

Zombie games are great for the theme. How is the game play on Dead Island. I've looked at the cover art like a million times.

14 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Very glad you chose Lone Survivor. I absolutely loved the game and it reminded me very much of Silent Hill. The game is fairly short but has a lot of replayability. 

It looks interesting. I'm excited to crack that one open. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:08 PM, Toogie53 said:

Hey all. I'm a pretty new trophy hunter. I started in June, when I finishing college. I'm busily going through my existing game library and cleaning up my completion average on old games that were already in my trophy list. However, I want to play some new stuff. I decided to dedicate September and October to my getting platinums geared towards my favorite holiday, Halloween! I was hoping you all could direct my attention to some of the more enjoyable platinums that fit theme. My unplayed games library is big (200+) and I came up with 20 games off the top of my head that that I already own that could work. I just want to play some quality stuff first and look forward to your recommendations!

Saw  and Saw 2 feel like Halloween games to me. I think there's even a trophy in one of them for playing on Halloween, which would be a nice end trophy for the plat.

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

I may or may not be addicted to trophy hunting at this point. Haha. I really love Halloween and, yeah, this is an early post but I've been working full-time, going to school full-time, raising kids, etc etc. for the past several years. I just finished school and I told my wife I'm not doing anything but binging on games for a few months.This is kind of why my list is half full of random shit like Skylanders is because I game with my kids. I'm looking to play some more stuff that I'm interested in and a Halloween-themed mega-hunt is a good excuse. :)

Zombie games are great for the theme. How is the game play on Dead Island. I've looked at the cover art like a million times.

It looks interesting. I'm excited to crack that one open. 

The gameplay for dead island is really good, i would recommend playing it

Some of the best scary games on PS4 that I'd recommend (im a moderate horror fan, though by no means an aficionado):

Lone Survivor

A 2d indie made by one guy, but has great gameplay and a fantastically sad, scary, nihilistic feel. (Also, not a tough platinum if that matters to you.) Very scary if played in the dark with the volume up high!

Amnesia (the Collection)

2.5 very scary games for the price of one - the first is a little dated now graphically, but is famous for its tense, palpable fear it induces. I liked the (rather polarizing) sequal quite a bit too, and it looks great.

Outlast

A creepy first half, and a gross, tense second half. This one is heavily inspired by Amnesia, but with a different flavour of horror. 

Soma

The pinnacle of sci-fi horror on PS4. Damn near perfect.

Limbo & Inside

Both play very well, and use creepy tension and visual tricks to great effect. Very good platform puzzlers, with good, mimimalist stories that are both creepy as fuck.

Bloodborne

A prefect blend of Dark Souls tension and Eldrich horror. Praise Cthulu.

Prey

the best game on PS4 (I genuinely believe this is true, im not using hyperbole) Scary, wierd, perfectly realised space horror, with a bioshock / Dishonoured flavour. Perfect storytelling, perfect gameplay. 

Not all strictly 'horror' games, but all worthy halloween contenders, I reckon, as well as damn fine games.

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Some of the best scary games on PS4 that I'd recommend (im a moderate horror fan, though by no means an aficionado):

Lone Survivor

A 2d indie made by one guy, but has great gameplay and a fantastically sad, scary, nihilistic feel. (Also, not a tough platinum if that matters to you.) Very scary if played in the dark with the volume up high!

Amnesia (the Collection)

2.5 very scary games for the price of one - the first is a little dated now graphically, but is famous for its tense, palpable fear it induces. I liked the (rather polarizing) sequal quite a bit too, and it looks great.

Outlast

A creepy first half, and a gross, tense second half. This one is heavily inspired by Amnesia, but with a different flavour of horror. 

Soma

The pinnacle of sci-fi horror on PS4. Damn near perfect.

Limbo & Inside

Both play very well, and use creepy tension and visual tricks to great effect. Very good platform puzzlers, with good, mimimalist stories that are both creepy as fuck.

Bloodborne

A prefect blend of Dark Souls tension and Eldrich horror. Praise Cthulu.

Prey

the best game on PS4 (I genuinely believe this is true, im not using hyperbole) Scary, wierd, perfectly realised space horror, with a bioshock / Dishonoured flavour. Perfect storytelling, perfect gameplay. 

Not all strictly 'horror' games, but all worthy halloween contenders, I reckon, as well as damn fine games.

Thanks for the suggestions. Lone Survivor is getting high praise. I'm so glad I posted this thing because I had never heard of it before then. All your others are good suggestions too. I have a few hours played of Prey. I rented it from Redbox and after a short bit of play I knew I needed to own it. I haven't actually bought it yet. Waiting for a deal since my backlog is so big and I have a lot to play. I'm definitely more interested knowing that you feel it is that good. I have almost already finished the plat on Bloodborne. I'm hung up on Amygdala in the defiled chalice dungeon. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...