The Love For Dynasty Warriors

syumisan

Alright, Im going to compile here the pictures of characters in the game so far just for fun so here if you want to look at them all in one place!

SHU:

Spoiler

Bao Sanniang

Spoiler

DP4rd9hXcAEOBAf.jpg

Guan Suo:

Spoiler

DP35hKFU8AUL1aE.jpg

Guan Yinping:

Spoiler

170921162043653.jpg 

Zhao Yun:

Spoiler

chouun.jpg 

Yueying:

Spoiler

1506604036-4463-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Xing Cai:

Spoiler

Dynasty-Warriors-9-muestra-a-otros-siete

Pang Tong:

Spoiler

153_171103094430_1.jpg 

Wei Yan:

Spoiler

0001637264.JPG 

Xu Shu:

Spoiler

982372639_0f75bf69_14.jpg 

Liu Shan:

Spoiler

0001630384.jpg?ssl=1 

Jiang Wei:

Spoiler

DW9_09-28-17_005.jpg

Zhuge Liang:

Spoiler

6fc9ced697f04f89dd78231047c84243d0ca3041 

Guan Yu:

Spoiler

Guan-Yu-DW9-Dynasty-Warriors-9-Official- 

Guan Ping:

Spoiler

musou_02_cs1w1_1000x1000.jpg 

Zhou Cang:

Spoiler

DW9_07-06-17_005.jpg

Ma Dai:

Spoiler

DW9-Ma-Dai-555x555.jpg

Liu Bei:

Spoiler

DW9_07-20-17_004.jpg

Ma Chao:

Spoiler

bachou.jpg

Zhang Fei:

Spoiler

2017112744028634.jpg 

Zhang Bao:

Spoiler

DW9_09-07-17_006.jpg

WEI: 

Spoiler

Wang Yi:

Spoiler

tumblr_ow9gkvu49n1tmgn63o4_1280.jpg

Pang De: 

Spoiler

DP34qibUQAAHuJD.jpg

Cai Wenji:

Spoiler

809c811243894157a8b403d96dc989eb.jpeg 

Zhenj Ji:

Spoiler

6282aafc.jpg 

Xun You:

Spoiler

DW9_08-10-17_001.jpg

Cao Pi:

Spoiler

Dynasty-Warriors-9-muestra-a-otros-siete

Cao Cao:

Spoiler

MFmvSa0.jpg 

Yu Jin:

Spoiler

360_170919102652_1.jpg 

Zhang Liao:

Spoiler

360_170919102644_1.jpg

Guo Jia:

Spoiler

2hUCacBMmq6acVjCD1g3.jpg

Dian Wei:

Spoiler

DW9_08-03-17_002.jpg

Jia Xu:

Spoiler

musou_017_cs1w1_1280x1280.jpg

Cao Ren:

Spoiler

390_171025101140_7.jpg

Xu Huang:

Spoiler

dynasty-warriors-9-11-16-17-30.jpg

Cao Xiu:

Spoiler

dynasty-warriors-9-42.jpg

Xun Yu:

Spoiler

201709290131294526.jpg 

Xiahou Dun:

Spoiler

DW9_05-11-17_008.jpg

Xiahou Yuan: 

Spoiler

D9.jpg

Xu Zhu:

Spoiler

DW9_08-03-17_001.jpg

Zhang He:

Spoiler

Per5JFT7KSVa7FDnCwle.jpg

WU:

Spoiler

Han Dang:

Spoiler

2017113045715582_89643.jpg

Sun Shang Xiang:

Spoiler

c62be84b7083b6e67a0827db3328ded1.jpg 

Lu Xun:

Spoiler

3d975b7e7e42ca67f5c6f8a58b016a91.jpg

Da Qiao:

Spoiler

DW9_08-10-17_005.jpg

Xiao Qiao:

Spoiler

DW9_08-10-17_004.jpg 

Sun Ce: 

Spoiler

DW9-Sun-Ce-555x555.jpg

Ding Feng:

Spoiler

DynastyWarriors9-2-1.jpg

Zhu Ran:

Spoiler

jisamg02.jpg 

Ling Tong:

Spoiler

DW9_08-03-17_003.jpg

Huang Gai:

Spoiler

DW9_09-14-17_004.jpg

Xu Sheng:

Spoiler

musou770.jpg 

Taishi Ci:

Spoiler

%EC%A7%84%E3%83%BB%EC%82%BC%EA%B5%AD%EB%

Sun Quan:

Spoiler

DW9_07-20-17_003.jpg

Sun Jian:

Spoiler

DW9_07-20-17_002.jpg

Lu Meng:

Spoiler

AjjLO47.jpg

Zhou Tai:

Spoiler

36c4cbdc.jpg

Zhou Yu:

Spoiler

DW9-Zhou-Yu-555x555.jpg

Gan Ning:

Spoiler

livejupiter_1501859707_704s.jpg 

JIN:

Spoiler

Zhang Chunhua:

Spoiler

DP4yROSXkAEWUzs.jpg

Wang Yuanji:

Spoiler

smusou8_17_cs1w1_1280x1280.jpg 

Xin Xianying:

Spoiler

19101893y377zhy59jeeq9.jpg 

Sima Shi:

Spoiler

muzou8_05_cs1w1_1280x1280.jpg 

Guo Huai:

Spoiler

DW9-Guo-Huai-555x701.jpg

Deng Ai:

Spoiler

Dynasty-Warriors-9-presenta-a-otros-siet

Jia Chong:

Spoiler

20171017112912689_66960.jpg

Sima Zhao:

Spoiler

shibashou.jpg

Xiahou Ba:

Spoiler

a70a5d0b52034d1689d48aaf7286b194.jpg

Wen Yang:

Spoiler

153659t0lwye05pfqkkgez.jpg

Sima Yi:

Spoiler

20YxQ3X4wUct1h2kD1g3.jpg

Zhuge Dan:

Spoiler

Dynasty-Warriors-9-muestra-a-Cao-Xiu-otr

Other:

Spoiler

Diao Chan:

Spoiler

diaochan.jpg

Lu Lingqi: 

Spoiler

DG8M8u7UQAE_JNf.jpg

Zuo Ci:

Spoiler

18591244.jpg 

Lu Bu:

Spoiler

dynasty-warriors-9-lu-bu.jpg

Dong Zhuo:

Spoiler

DW9_08-03-17_006.jpg

Zhang Jiao:

Spoiler

dynasty-warriors-9-11-16-17-33.jpg 

Yuan Shao:

Spoiler

yuan-shao.jpg 

Now this is all I could find and they are the best images I could find for each character :D
Some of these are the first time im seeing them like Xin Xianyang for example...shes cute lol Also damnnnnn yueying is gorgeoussssss still cant get over her

Sooo what you guys think??

I got most of them but if I missed anyone tell me, and Ill fix it and edit the post here!!

Again I know I missed some but only because I couldnt find any dw9 pictures of them, like Yue Jin for example. :D

Edited by The High Ground
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

I spent alot of time getting those pictures dammit ^ lol someone better reply xDxD:awesome: 

lmao xD I will look at them :P

Liu Bei

Zhang Bao

Zhou Cang

Jiang Wei 

They didn't load

I love Guan YingPing's new look ♡♡♡♡♡ Yue Ying looks badass xD

On to Wei :P

Xun You

Dian Wei

Xiahou Dun

Xu Zhu

They aren't loading

Zhen Ji's look is so badass xDD Reminds me of her DW3 look :P

On to Wu :P

Da Qiao

Xiao Qiao

Ling Tong

Huang Gai

Sun Quan

Sun Jian

YOU DIDN'T EVEN PUT GAN NING HOW DARED YOU? :P

They didn't load

MY FAVORITE KINGDOM T.T NOOO

But I looooove absolutely love Xu Sheng dudes xD

On to JIN :P

I love that new character Xin Xianying ♡♡♡♡

Now to OTHER

Dong Zhuo didn't load :P

Some of the characters in Jin didn't really have a major makeover like Poster Boy.... Not cool :(

I hope this game is brilliant. Cannot wait to pick it up finally.

Let me know when it's February 12th? Yea?

Edited by Shiny Suicune

3 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

lmao xD I will look at them :P

Liu Bei

Zhang Bao

Zhou Cang

Jiang Wei 

They didn't load

I love Guan YingPing's new look ♡♡♡♡♡ Yue Ying looks badass xD

On to Wei :P

Xun You

Dian Wei

Xiahou Dun

Xu Zhu

They aren't loading

Zhen Ji's look is so badass xDD Reminds me of her DW3 look :P

On to Wu :P

Da Qiao

Xiao Qiao

Ling Tong

Huang Gai

Sun Quan

Sun Jian

YOU DIDN'T EVEN PUT GAN NING HOW DARED YOU? :P

They didn't load

MY FAVORITE KINGDOM T.T NOOO

But I looooove absolutely love Xu Sheng dudes xD

On to JIN :P

I love that new character Xin Xianying ♡♡♡♡

Now to OTHER

Dong Zhuo didn't load :P

Some of the characters in Jin didn't really have a major makeover like Poster Boy.... Not cool :(

I hope this game is brilliant. Cannot wait to pick it up finally.

Let me know when it's February 12th? Yea?

Okay thanks I fixed Gan Ning and added his picture, anyways I checked and they all loaded for me? Maybe where you're on mobile they didn't load properly I don't know.

Yeah Xin Xianying is such a babe lol shes adorable. Xu Sheng looks like a total bro xD

Yeah they released alot of pictures since I last looked any up. Havent seen any of Zhu Rong or Meng Huo yet though. 

Right? They didnt change Jin as much as they did literally everyone else but im digging all the changes. I think Zhang Jiao looks goofy though but oh well they like to make him a meme of sorts lol

also @Shiny Suicune girlll you still dont have your signature correct when I showed you how to do it lol :P:awesome: 

1 hour ago, The High Ground said:

Okay thanks I fixed Gan Ning and added his picture, anyways I checked and they all loaded for me? Maybe where you're on mobile they didn't load properly I don't know.

Yeah Xin Xianying is such a babe lol shes adorable. Xu Sheng looks like a total bro xD

Yeah they released alot of pictures since I last looked any up. Havent seen any of Zhu Rong or Meng Huo yet though. 

Right? They didnt change Jin as much as they did literally everyone else but im digging all the changes. I think Zhang Jiao looks goofy though but oh well they like to make him a meme of sorts lol

also @Shiny Suicune girlll you still dont have your signature correct when I showed you how to do it lol :P:awesome: 

Yea I am mostly mobile so maybe that's why>

Yes, I know you told me but I am always on my phone so it is a little difficult to make changes on it rather then on desktop xDD

I havent found any pictures of them.

I follow Koei on twitter so I will let you know when they post pictures of them :)

On 12/4/2017 at 11:49 PM, Shiny Suicune said:

Yea I am mostly mobile so maybe that's why>

Yes, I know you told me but I am always on my phone so it is a little difficult to make changes on it rather then on desktop xDD

I havent found any pictures of them.

I follow Koei on twitter so I will let you know when they post pictures of them :)

Awesome because I'm loving the character designs so far, I think they all look beautiful. All cept idk Zhang Fei, I feel he looks derpy this game lol

Well Zhang Fei and Jiao that is. :o but for the most part everyone looks really good imo 

Specially the girls ;) lmao 

• 1 month later...

Lots of musou love. I'm still grinding out Dragon Quest Heroes 2, but loving it. And in my office, I'm currently rocking out to this ditty:

Oh yeah - those images @The High Groundposted a month ago? They look great. Dong Zhuo's outfit is just awesome, and Zhang Jiao's head that looks like a crescent moon is great. Yue Ying might be my favorite of all of those.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Lots of musou love. I'm still grinding out Dragon Quest Heroes 2, but loving it. And in my office, I'm currently rocking out to this ditty:

Oh yeah - those images @The High Groundposted a month ago? They look great. Dong Zhuo's outfit is just awesome, and Zhang Jiao's head that looks like a crescent moon is great. Yue Ying might be my favorite of all of those.

yeah those were the images I found and put together about a month ago

On 21/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, Shiny Suicune said:

I looked up a few times a did not see a list similar to this or anything. If I am mistaken, I apologize for making a double thread. 

I wanted to make this thread for the people that absolutely LOVE the Dynasty Warriors games or Koei in general.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM TO DEATH AND I WANT TO FIND OTHER PEOPLE IN THE PSNP THAT LOVE SERIES JUST LIKE ME OR NOT LOL. I WELCOME ALL AND HIII ALLLLL :)

UPDATE: I got a response from the PR and he said himself that he tried asking the Japanese Koei about bringing the old games, 2-5, on the PS2 to PS4 but got no responses from them. Hopefully we can change that, maybe a petition to the Japanese faction of Koei to show we truly love the games on the west? NA AND PAL ARE INCLUDED. ANYONE WITH ME?

UPDATE 2: FOR ANYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD I WANT YOU TO PUT DOWN WHY YOU LOVE THIS COMPANY, WHAT MAKES IT GREAT, HOW CAN WE CHANGE THEM AND HOW WILL THE COMPANY SHAPE IN THE FUTURE. WHO IS WITH ME? 

nice with some 'warriors love
i know all the games and spin offs
can't wait for DW9 and AOT2

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The High Ground said:

im mainly waiting for DW9 xD 

10 hours ago, AllanGronkjaer said:

nice with some 'warriors love
i know all the games and spin offs
can't wait for DW9 and AOT2

I CANNOT WAIT.... CANNOT WAIT.....CANNOT WAIT.....CANNOT WAIT FOR DYNASTY WARRIORS 9 OR SHIN SANGOKU MUSOU 8 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ I NEED TO HEAR THEM IN CHINESE VOICES I NEED TO HEAR THEM IN CHINESE VOICES. I WANTED TO SINCE DYNASTY WARRIORS 3..... YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA LOL. IT WAS WEIRD HEARING IT JAPANESE THE FIRST TIME IN 3 XDDD

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 6:41 PM, The High Ground said:

im mainly waiting for DW9 xD 

Yep. Having played the open world of Dragon Quest Heroes 2, I'm really looking forward to what it brings for DW9. DQH2 is probably the best musou game I've played, and with some tweaks, it would rank among the true great games.

It's been a long time since I played a Dynasty Warrios game.

I started by playing Dynasty Warriors 5 on PS2 and really loved it, even though I did not manage to finish all stories. I also played Dynasty Warriors 6 on PS2, but didn't like it so much. I felt that 6, despite being more beautiful, was more limited in terms of story and customization. Also played Samurai Warriors 2 on PC and my all-favourite DW game of all time DW: Gundam 2. I never watched Gundam but somehow I really loved that game that had so much to offer.

Strangely, didn't get a DW game for PS4, but considering getting one after I get rid of my big backlog (Got Fate/Extella though). It looks like the series got even better and more popular. The fact that there are more warriors-style games in other franchises really shows how popular the DW/SW series got. 

Glad there are DW fans around here! :D

Go Shu! :D

1 minute ago, Caju_94 said:

It's been a long time since I played a Dynasty Warrios game.

I started by playing Dynasty Warriors 5 on PS2 and really loved it, even though I did not manage to finish all stories. I also played Dynasty Warriors 6 on PS2, but didn't like it so much. I felt that 6, despite being more beautiful, was more limited in terms of story and customization. Also played Samurai Warriors 2 on PC and my all-favourite DW game of all time DW: Gundam 2. I never watched Gundam but somehow I really loved that game that had so much to offer.

Strangely, didn't get a DW game for PS4, but considering getting one after I get rid of my big backlog (Got Fate/Extella though). It looks like the series got even better and more popular. The fact that there are more warriors-style games in other franchises really shows how popular the DW/SW series got. 

Glad there are DW fans around here! :D

Go Shu! :D

I did not like that game initially, but going back to it, it was pretty good. You did happen to mention my previous favorite musou title (Samurai Warriors 2). I loved chasing all of the skills, and going up the tower and seeing the extra story content. 

If you like the spinoff musous (like Gundam 2), you might try some of the spinoffs on PS4. Berserk is a fine game (though grindy plat), and the two Dragon Quest Heroes games are just awesome (although they do have a mechanic that a few people don't like; a sort of hybridized tower defense).

19 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I did not like that game initially, but going back to it, it was pretty good. You did happen to mention my previous favorite musou title (Samurai Warriors 2). I loved chasing all of the skills, and going up the tower and seeing the extra story content. 

If you like the spinoff musous (like Gundam 2), you might try some of the spinoffs on PS4. Berserk is a fine game (though grindy plat), and the two Dragon Quest Heroes games are just awesome (although they do have a mechanic that a few people don't like; a sort of hybridized tower defense).

Even though I did not play SW2 very much, I remember the tower part. I think the character I used the most was a blue/purple guy with long hair that used a long sword. Also liked a quick girl who used two daggers.

Yeah, I noticed there are lots of nice spin-offs to get. But I never played a Dragon Quest game, so, in my opinion, it does not make sense getting Dragon Quest Heroes yet. (Says the guy who got DW Gundam 2 without knowing anything about Gundam), but yeah, I might give a try to those spin-offs. They might even motivate me to play the original series. The one I'm mostly looking forward to are the One Pieces ones.  Even though I only watched around 120 episodes, One Piece Warriors is the one that got most of my attention.

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

@Caju_94 I never played a Dragon Quest game myself and I played both of them without having to know the other games. The only you will not know are the characters being used. Other then that the story is linear to itself. They aren't even connected either the 1st or the 2nd. So in honesty it doesn't matter which one you play you only get the storyline for that game nothing else :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

@Caju_94 I never played a Dragon Quest game myself and I played both of them without having to know the other games. The only you will not know are the characters being used. Other then that the story is linear to itself. They aren't even connected either the 1st or the 2nd. So in honesty it doesn't matter which one you play you only get the storyline for that game nothing else :)

Right! Thanks for the advice. Might look at that game as of my next ones to buy after I get rid of my backlog. Like I said, it may even make me interested in the original series. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 6:53 PM, Shiny Suicune said:

To be honest, I would guess that even people who played DQ might not know some of the heroes mentioned. I played I, II, III, VII, and VIII, and only a couple of people from VIII were used in the first game, while VII and VIII got some love in the second one. They even changed the name of one of the characters from VII from Gabo to Ruff.

Just now, Shiny Suicune said:

Sorry I haven't been on here. I am not really great with giving advice on games. (I literally try my best). And I am so hyped for Dynasty Warriors 9 it's killing me lol. 

@starcrunch061 I hope you enjoyed DQH2. It was a fun game. I might go back and plat it later :P

It's probably my favorite musou game now. even the grind wasn't that bad, since you just got so much more powerful as you raised proficiency. I'm in the process of writing a guide for it as well, but we'll see how that goes.

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

To be honest, I would guess that even people who played DQ might not know some of the heroes mentioned. I played I, II, III, VII, and VIII, and only a couple of people from VIII were used in the first game, while VII and VIII got some love in the second one. They even changed the name of one of the characters from VII from Gabo to Ruff.

That is interesting. I didn't think that would be possible. Ironically I got a DQ game for 3DS xD. I think....it was 8? I forget lol

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's probably my favorite musou game now. even the grind wasn't that bad, since you just got so much more powerful as you raised proficiency. I'm in the process of writing a guide for it as well, but we'll see how that goes.

Yea. DQH2 was so much better than the first. In terms of fighting amd other stuff. In the first it was all done on a airship :(

• 4 weeks later...

Did everyone die a little inside because of the new game? I haven't played it yet myself, but with all of the negative press it's been getting, I'm a little hesitant. 

However, Jimquisition's new video did remind me of some of the awesomely bad lines in DW3. Here's a funny one for those who remember the game:

• Like 1