"Shard Shark" Trophy

DarkHpokinsn

13 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Haven't started looking for these yet. I have a quick question though. Are the shards you get from doing contracts and activities needed for this trophy?

Nope, only the ones found in the open world count, it sucks but that's the way it is, at least for now.

• Like 1

this is defintly stopping me i followed the map zone by zone collecting and somehow im missing 2 or 3 like wtf i marked them off as i got them heck they should of just made it were they were on the map in the first place well im beyond sad and heartbroken to see my total at 346/350 and have 100% no clue how i missed 4 when i used a guide ill be sad if i have to restart for a 3rd time this will be the trophy that stops me from plat till they hopefully patch a way to find them easyer

Edited by MaD_JoKeR88
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MaD_JoKeR88 said:

this is defintly stopping me i followed the map zone by zone collecting and somehow im missing 2 or 3 like wtf i marked them off as i got them heck they should of just made it were they were on the map in the first place well im beyond sad and heartbroken to see my total at 346/350 and have 100% no clue how i missed 4 when i used a guide ill be sad if i have to restart for a 3rd time this will be the trophy that stops me from plat till they hopefully patch a way to find them easyer

I had that same problem with inFamous 1. Followed a guide, marked them all off as I was going (though I already found most of them anyway which made it so tedious) but even following the guide map I still missed some and had to do  it again.

But at least with that, there's not sooooo much verticality in the game. And it's easier to get places in inFamous. I still can't figure out how you get to the one shard just floating in space near that weird circle statue thing that opens up in one mission for a lair.

It's *current year*, how they could not know to do a post-game upgrade to add them to your map or  make your scanner have in finite range and then direct you to the nearest one [like when you have to find the panels to hack in a poison filled room and it gives you that directional indicator around you] is beyond me. I think that's how inFamous 2 was.

Edited by Elvick_

Well if anyone is still needing Shard Shark Trophy follow this video he is super helpful i followed all 4 parts and i got all the missing shards i needed there are 4 parts as i had found 290 of the shards purely on luck myself then foudn about 20-30 more with a map and the final 25 with his video guide also alot of players have gave them feedback on this subject of not having a way to track them on map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3saWfNBd1TY

Hey Elvick_ are you talking about the one thats floating in front of that ring circle near a crane? if so climb up the building near it and jump to the crane then you can jump to the shard if this is the one your talking about a screenshot would be helpful Sorry about the double

Edited by MaD_JoKeR88

2 hours ago, MaD_JoKeR88 said:

Well if anyone is still needing Shard Shark Trophy follow this video he is super helpful i followed all 4 parts and i got all the missing shards i needed there are 4 parts as i had found 290 of the shards purely on luck myself then foudn about 20-30 more with a map and the final 25 with his video guide also alot of players have gave them feedback on this subject of not having a way to track them on map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3saWfNBd1TY

Hey Elvick_ are you talking about the one thats floating in front of that ring circle near a crane? if so climb up the building near it and jump to the crane then you can jump to the shard if this is the one your talking about a screenshot would be helpful Sorry about the double

Congrats on the Plat man! I'll be following these videos for sure!

2 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Congrats on the Plat man! I'll be following these videos for sure!

Thanks and ya the vids a very helpful he may not go in the order you would want him too but he dose show you how to get too each shard and where it is at alot of the ones i was missing minus the 4 were i knew were at were so dang obvious i was like how did i miss this? xD tho when you get to around his 347 shard in part 4 its above the elevator in like the Terrance/balcony area same with shard 348

Edited by MaD_JoKeR88
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MaD_JoKeR88 said:

Yeah, thanks that did it. Not sure why I didn't try that. The vertical climbing is quite the pain at times

They arent randomly generated evertime you leave the Ark they are in the same spot ever single playthrough of the game the only thing that is randomly generated are chests and other  legion stuff and trust me i went through all 350 shards to get all the missing ones i had to find lol and heres 4 part guide if for everone who still needst this trophy i hope it helps you all get it and to get your plat ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3saWfNBd1TY part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-X_HNpGvnc part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQRf7L4koE part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_EOfYst63E final part

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 5:03 AM, MaD_JoKeR88 said:

oh trust me i did it the harder way i rode one of those bots to get it instead of doing it the way the person who made the map showed lol

lol, that's what I thought I had to do but couldn't think of how to get on one of the bots.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

lol, that's what I thought I had to do but couldn't think of how to get on one of the bots.

oh boy riding the bot was fun took me prob 10 trys as the bot somehow managed to just miss me jumping on it but ya those 4 vids are super helpful i went through all 350 spots to find the last 25 i was missing

There was a new patch last night at 12GB - it has a few bug fixes and also allows you to finally see shards on the map! the only issue is, it only shows ones that are nearby. so you have to keep going back and checking the map. When you do see some though, you can select them and a marker appears in-game showing you exactly where they are.

Managed to get up to 331 (so over 100 within an hour) - should have all of them very soon :) - Not sure if the Level 7 missions bug is fixed though - I tweeted them but had no reply yet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, turniplord said:

There was a new patch last night at 12GB - it has a few bug fixes and also allows you to finally see shards on the map! the only issue is, it only shows ones that are nearby. so you have to keep going back and checking the map. When you do see some though, you can select them and a marker appears in-game showing you exactly where they are.

Managed to get up to 331 (so over 100 within an hour) - should have all of them very soon :) - Not sure if the Level 7 missions bug is fixed though - I tweeted them but had no reply yet.

I didn't notice them on the map. Good to know. I guess that combined with a video/map now will be easier, even if it's still garbage compared to what they should've done in the first place. Just have the scanner get an upgrade to open up in the shop (where you buy other upgrades for it; to see shards and chests and such) and then have it give off that directional thing it does when you're looking for terminals and stuff. Then you just follow the direction to the nearest shard.

But nope. Apparently Volition has never played a modern open world game. Including their own... so annoying that this is still an issue with collectibles in open world games. Thought we moved beyond this horrid design fault, but nope.

I did notice that things appear at a greater distances now though. I was seeing things on like three... "stories" (after taking those elevators to upper areas) on the ground. And seeing things much higher up than I used to as well. Chests appear faaaaaar more frequently, to the point it's really annoying though. I was grinding out (thankfully my last) connected contract and they just kept respawning in the area I was doing it in. That never happened to me before. And I know I looked around that area for shards too, but yet found more because the distance is greater now. lol, didn't find nearly as many as I thought I did overall though. Still need 39. :/

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I didn't notice them on the map. Good to know. I guess that combined with a video/map now will be easier, even if it's still garbage compared to what they should've done in the first place. Just have the scanner get an upgrade to open up in the shop (where you buy other upgrades for it; to see shards and chests and such) and then have it give off that directional thing it does when you're looking for terminals and stuff. Then you just follow the direction to the nearest shard.

But nope. Apparently Volition has never played a modern open world game. Including their own... so annoying that this is still an issue with collectibles in open world games. Thought we moved beyond this horrid design fault, but nope.

I did notice that things appear at a greater distances now though. I was seeing things on like three... "stories" (after taking those elevators to upper areas) on the ground. And seeing things much higher up than I used to as well. Chests appear faaaaaar more frequently, to the point it's really annoying though. I was grinding out (thankfully my last) connected contract and they just kept respawning in the area I was doing it in. That never happened to me before. And I know I looked around that area for shards too, but yet found more because the distance is greater now. lol, didn't find nearly as many as I thought I did overall though. Still need 39. :/

There is 1 that is a pain - I was stuck on 349/350 for about 3 hours. Basically, the scan/area the map shows the shards in isn't a flat circle, its an orb around you - so if you are on the ground and the shard is on top of a tall building, then you wont see the shards on the map unless if you climb a near-by building and then scan.

The last one I had was right at the top of probably the tallest building, so I had to climb to the top of another building before I saw it. I now have all shards - I've deleted all the game data and i'm doing a clean level 8 run to see if I can unlock the Hardcore trophy, then i'm on to trying to do the crappy connected missions - Literally nobody else in the groups of people doing the missions even bother to try and do the criteria - it's really annoying. I was thinking I could grind the training missions for the ones that require certain bad guys to be killed - but that never seemed to work

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Apparently Volition has never played a modern open world game. Including their own... so annoying that this is still an issue with collectibles in open world games. Thought we moved beyond this horrid design fault, but nope.

Somehow this is even more mind-numbing having to stop, pause, press down, click map, wait for the map to load, hope there's a shard nearby, and having to repeat that EVERY 30 METERS or so, than just searching for the shards blind. Not only that but it STILL won't show some shards on the map depending on height difference from the player. Such an insulting "feature." Why not just show all the shards in a quadrant after you clear a tower? Insane. 

I'm officially retiring this game for good unless they come up with some crazy QOL update in the future. I can spend my time actually enjoying a game rather than pulling my hair out over this one. Between this and my connected contracts trophy being bugged, I've given up all hope on Volition being a competent developer.