The Book of Regrets trophy discussion.

snakebit10

3 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

What are your thoughts?  Will it be a hard or easy platinum? anyone familiar with this game?

It is only 5 dollars on PS store and was curios.

Seems like it'll be a very quick and easy platinum once someone puts out a guide. From what I've seen it looks like you need to make a bunch of choices and if you get the right choice you progress further

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Seems like it'll be a very quick and easy platinum once someone puts out a guide. From what I've seen it looks like you need to make a bunch of choices and if you get the right choice you progress further

Thanks, Honestly at first I was thinking it was a Point and Click game. I am going to see if I can find a video for it.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

What are your thoughts?  Will it be a hard or easy platinum? anyone familiar with this game?

It is only 5 dollars on PS store and was curios.

With a guide it will be super easy.

I am having fun playing it blindly. One of the Creatures mentioned a Wikia...so looking for that right now.

There are different paths and secrets to uncover. Some paths are locked to the items you picked initially. 

There are 7 endings, not sure if you need all of them for the plat (hoping items are not tied to an ending).  2 Hours to complete one play-through. 

2 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

With a guide it will be super easy.

I am having fun playing it blindly. One of the Creatures mentioned a Wikia...so looking for that right now.

There are different paths and secrets to uncover. Some paths are locked to the items you picked initially. 

There are 7 endings, not sure if you need all of them for the plat (hoping items are not tied to an ending).  2 Hours to complete one play-through. 

Thanks for the info, I did see a trailer for it from last year. I am guessing it has been on steam since last year.

It reminds me of the old fashioned text based games, except there are pictures. It's kind of a choose your own adventure novel, more than a point and click. For example, if you make certain choices, you get items that you can use elsewhere, etc. I did encounter one minigame type thing so far though. I'm finding it quite fun. I'm also creating a mental map so I can remember where everything is.

And there are some 4th wall breaking moments as well which makes it interesting. I believe a demon caused a fake, temporary ps4 blue screen of death - it took me a bit to realize it was part of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very short game, but if you played old text adventures back in the 80s, it's a decent trip down memory lane.

My only gripe is that it is too easy. In particular, the labyrinth (which was a staple in such text games) is too easy to navigate, and you can escape whenever you want. There is a trophy for getting lost in it; it was probably the most difficult trophy for me to pop.

• 1 year later...

This will likely go unanswered (seems to be the common theme on here) but fuck it, here it goes anyway: When going for the speedrun trophy can you stop the timer by pausing the game so that you can check what you need to do next in a video or text walkthrough?