Just Cause 3 Bragging Rights Trophy Fix

ItsNferno

On 9/13/2017 at 9:27 AM, nwebb83 said:

For those with a glitched leaderboard not showing ANYONE, I've found a way to get the trophy using a 2nd dummy account and without having to find another person to help:

Step 1: Log into PS4 with a 2nd dummy account (if you don't have one, create one on Playstation Network). If your main account and dummy account are already friends, remove the accounts' friendship BEFORE you startup the game on the 2nd account. You'll re-invite as friends later...

Step 2: Startup Just Cause 3 with 2nd account and play until you unlock an early Challenge that isn't a racing challenge (those seem to not work consistently).

Step 3: Play a challenge using the 2nd account and set a low score (I did one of the bombing challenges where you run the car into the lighthouse)

Step 4: Once you've completed the challenge, leave the challenge, let the game autosave, exit the game to the main menu, close the game, and logout your 2nd account from your PS4.

Step 5: Now, login to your PS4 using your main account, startup the game, go to the same challenge you completed on your dummy account, startup the challenge, then pause the game as soon as you have control of the character after the loading screen.

Step 6: Once the game is paused, go into your PS4's friend's list and send a friend request to your 2nd account. Use playstation.com to login as your 2nd account to accept the friend request. DO NOT QUIT THE CHALLENGE OR CLOSE THE GAME TO SWITCH TO YOUR 2ND ACCOUNT AND ACCEPT THE REQUEST ON YOUR PS4.

Step 7: Once the request is accepted by your 2nd account from playstation.com, and you are friends, you can now unpause the game, finish the challenge getting a higher score than your dummy account did in Step 3, and the trophy will pop. If you FAIL to get a higher score DO NOT quit the challenge. Simply retry it and beat the score. If you quit, I believe you'll have to restart these instructions from STEP 5. I got the trophy even though my dummy account's name wasn't appearing in the leaderboard within the challenge screen.

Thank you for sharing this method for anyone who doesn't have another to help, but this glitch takes a lot of preparation, whereas in my glitch you only need to unfriend and re-friend a friend and the glitch works. Also, there are many people that can help, but I see why this glitch might be the only option for some people as not many play just cause 3 anymore since August when it was free.

For those with a glitched leaderboard not showing ANYONE, I've found a way to get the trophy using a 2nd dummy account and without having to find another person to help:

Step 1: Log into PS4 with a 2nd dummy account (if you don't have one, create one on Playstation Network). If your main account and dummy account are already friends, remove the accounts' friendship BEFORE you startup the game on the 2nd account. You'll re-invite as friends later...

Step 2: Startup Just Cause 3 with 2nd account and play until you unlock an early Challenge that isn't a racing challenge (those seem to not work consistently).

Step 3: Play a challenge using the 2nd account and set a low score (I did one of the bombing challenges where you run the car into the lighthouse)

Step 4: Once you've completed the challenge, leave the challenge, let the game autosave, exit the game to the main menu, close the game, and logout your 2nd account from your PS4.

Step 5: Now, login to your PS4 using your main account, startup the game, go to the same challenge you completed on your dummy account, startup the challenge, then pause the game as soon as you have control of the character after the loading screen.

Step 6: Once the game is paused, go into your PS4's friend's list and send a friend request to your 2nd account. Use playstation.com to login as your 2nd account to accept the friend request. DO NOT QUIT THE CHALLENGE OR CLOSE THE GAME TO SWITCH TO YOUR 2ND ACCOUNT AND ACCEPT THE REQUEST ON YOUR PS4.

Step 7: Once the request is accepted by your 2nd account from playstation.com, and you are friends, you can now unpause the game, finish the challenge getting a higher score than your dummy account did in Step 3, and the trophy will pop. If you FAIL to get a higher score DO NOT quit the challenge. Simply retry it and beat the score. If you quit, I believe you'll have to restart these instructions from STEP 5. I got the trophy even though my dummy account's name wasn't appearing in the leaderboard within the challenge screen.

Think the PSN App would be faster than going through the website. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 11:06 PM, ItsNferno said:

Thank you for sharing this method for anyone who doesn't have another to help, but this glitch takes a lot of preparation, whereas in my glitch you only need to unfriend and re-friend a friend and the glitch works. Also, there are many people that can help, but I see why this glitch might be the only option for some people as not many play just cause 3 anymore since August when it was free.

Yea, I'm sure your way will be preferred for most, but it wasn't an option for me because hardly anyone plays this game anymore let alone wants to get back into it to enter a challenge. I just wanted to provide the alternative for folks like me who would rather not have to mess with finding other players. Thanks again for your find! I wouldn't have known what to do in the first place without it.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:24 PM, Christian2310 said:

@nwebb83 It worked, thank you! 1f600.png

Great to hear!

On 9/17/2017 at 0:42 AM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Think the PSN App would be faster than going through the website. 

Yea probably. I don't have the App setup for my dummy account so I wasn't able to test.

• 1 year later...

What finally worked for me, after the leaderboards wouldn't show my dummy account, was switching to my mobile hotspot on my phone.  Switching nets seemed to actually refresh the leaderboard and loaded up someone on my friends list who had a lower score on the the one challenge I did, trophy popped before I even started the challenge.

Edited by Snake2410

• 3 weeks later...

Could anyone help me out with this trophy? 

Never mind, I got it thanks to a friend, I did it even having completed the challenge with 5 stars before doing the method. I did caverns wingsuit and my friend failed and I went far away than him and failed and it unlocked. 

Of course with the method. 

Edited by slashguitarhero1
Help

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Worked for me!!! Thank you for the clutch save!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...