Surival Mode Crushing Solo 30 Stars Video Guide - ...It Achievement (1.32)

shorty2905

On 8/15/2022 at 4:29 AM, ZainZSM222 said:

...It has to be even harder than Brutal trophies in the Uncharted Collection series

Because it is. 

I’m likely going to level up a bit and practice on harder difficulties. Then try to assemble a group to help me get thru Crushing, using a mic if necessary.

• 2 months later...

This trophy broke me 6 years ago, got 3 stars on everything except level 8 and 10. Came back to it and was so relieved to find these glitches for the bosses where they fall through the stairs when you melee them on a shield of asgard. Very easy and consistent. It was still intense to get my skills back to where they were to be able to solo clear all the waves leading up to them, shortys video helped alot. Don't bother trying to do it with randoms, anyone left on that game doesn't follow the luring tactics and the npc partner works with you way better. Took about 15 hours to clear level 8 in time, and only another 3hrs in level 10 to get it. Go for the stair glitches though... I don't think I could ever tackle those bosses legitimately.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Big thanks to shorty2905 and Tycepticon for excellent videos. I also recommend checking przemo97's videos, shows some really useful strats. Here are some tips from me:

General tips:

- If you're having trouble with M14, especially during siege waves, try FAL instead. Makes things easier at close and medium range and still deals nice amounts of damage (if it's level 5)

- Hardened 2 perk helps a lot in stages where you can't avoid being swarmed by enemies. Made a lot of difference for me on stage 9. Once you are familiar with a stage and enemy spawn points I recommend using it instead of Enhanced Radar 2.

- It's important to stand in the right spot during survival waves, especially when they start. Sometimes moving even just a tiny bit in different direction would mess up enemy spawns or their paths.

- Using any team related one time booster delays the start of wave 1 by few seconds

Stage 3:

- I recommend adapting strats from the vid below, waves 1-2 can be completed a tiny bit faster than with shorty's strats and you can insta kill brute using 6 mines on wave 4. Requires different set of perks (Atlas Mystical Expert 2, Speedy G 3, Gear Master 3, Explosives Master 1, Heavy Weapons Expert 1 (optional, can be replaced with Quick Healer 1 for example))

- I'm not sure but I feel like the key to completing siege wave fast is to kill both medics as reasonably quickly as possible. Leaving them for last would often result in a 5-10 seconds break in enemy spawns near the very end of the wave. I'm not 100% sure they're causing that break but keep that in mind.

Stage 5:

- For wave 5 I recommend this strat (different camping spot, using Harbringer rifle on targets and optional Shield of Asgard)

Stage 7:

- I recommend FAL for siege wave

- Waves 3-5 are super easy with camping spot used by Tycepticon

Stage 9:

- Hardened 2 perk helps a lot with aiming on waves 3-5

- Use Tycepticon's strat for wave 2, makes it fast and fairly easy (requires Prizefighter 3 perk)

- At the beginning of waves 4 and 5, stand exactly in the spot shorty shows in his vid. If you move a bit more to the left or if you hug the barrier, you're risking enemies spawning behind you.

Edited by alien713

@alien713 Not sure about the new info I could include to improve the guide. I personnally find FAL better, more flexible/ reliable / easier to use than m14 (which is implicit in what you say and we probably agree). About the load-outs, I used the Shorty's and it worked fine. I have not used videos from Tycepticon, I can check all his spots and see if I recommend them. (for instance for Stage 7, I am aware of the spot in the central big building, which is the probable alternative  but it can become very tough if the team is overwhelmed).

Edited by djippps

3 hours ago, djippps said:

@alien713 Not sure about the new info I could include to improve the guide. I personnally find FAL better, more flexible/ reliable / easier to use than m14 (which is implicit in what you say and we probably agree). About the load-outs, I used the Shorty's and it worked fine. I have not used videos from Tycepticon, I can check all his spots and see if I recommend them. (for instance for Stage 7, I am aware of the spot in the central big building, which is the probable alternative  but it can become very tough if the team is overwhelmed).

I think that his spot for stage 7 is worth mentioning in the guide, it's amazing. 

Spot for last wave on stage 5 used by przemo97 I believe is faster but also harder than the one shorty shows. Enemies including targets will rush towards you through that tight corridor as soon as they spawn (on his vid one target and sniper came from the right side but it didn't happen for me during my 2 or 3 tries). I struggled to complete this stage in time mainly due to slow last wave so that's why I looked for some alternative strat. For previous waves I still used Shorty's spot.

I recommended different loadout for stage 3 because of completely different strat for survival waves. Mimicking that video, after hours of trying I got almost equal split times to Shorty so not sure it's that much better if you're only going for 3 stars but at least insta killing brute is nice (important to note that during my tries, brute would sometimes spawn on the opposite side of map and I haven't figured out why, so it's not 100% reliable). As przemo97 shows whole stage can be completed in just 5 minutes but he's insanely fast, his times are doable but require a lot of practice and some luck.

So I would say Tycepticon's spot for stage 7 and his melee strat for stage 9 wave 2 are "essential" as they are reliable and make things much easier and faster, the rest is optional and worth giving a try if you're struggling.

Edited by alien713

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 13:14, shorty2905 said:

Ciao,

è un complimento folle. Lo apprezzo davvero. All'epoca, non ero sicuro che valesse la pena fare questi video. 5 anni dopo non mi pento di nulla. Il semplice fatto che le persone usino ancora queste guide o le guardino solo per divertimento (che diavolo? xD) è fantastico. Grazie mille! Lo apprezzo molto.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4719-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end/Spide29

Hi, I got the legit 3 stars in December 2016... now I have to help 2 friends and I think many things have changed:
Can you post your videos and tips here? Are there really any exploits that can make things easier against bosses? A thousand thanks

@Spide29 you can take a look on my guide here on psnprofiles. I tried to make a synthesis between shorty’s videos made for one single player (links given) and my own - long - journey on survival (I also played a bunch of arenas). So you should get all tips and ideas to help your friends, as well as reference for glitches. Finally, after my guide, there was no significant update / patch as far as I know, so the guide is still 100% valid.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, djippps said:

@Spide29 puoi dare un'occhiata alla mia guida qui su psnprofiles. Ho provato a fare una sintesi tra i video di Shorty realizzati per un singolo giocatore (link forniti) e il mio - lungo - viaggio sulla sopravvivenza (ho anche giocato un sacco di arene). Quindi dovresti ottenere tutti i suggerimenti e le idee per aiutare i tuoi amici, oltre a riferimenti per problemi tecnici. Infine, dopo la mia guida, non ci sono stati aggiornamenti / patch significativi per quanto ne so, quindi la guida è ancora valida al 100%.

Thank a lot 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 0:13 AM, djippps said:

@Spide29 you can take a look on my guide here on psnprofiles. I tried to make a synthesis between shorty’s videos made for one single player (links given) and my own - long - journey on survival (I also played a bunch of arenas). So you should get all tips and ideas to help your friends, as well as reference for glitches. Finally, after my guide, there was no significant update / patch as far as I know, so the guide is still 100% valid.

Djippps, one last question, i carefully Read your guide and all the posts about survival waves. The aid to my friends is going well despite having completed it on day one in 2016. Many things have changed and then i ask you if there are tips and videos on enemy spawn. Thanks 

Edited by Spide29

1 hour ago, Spide29 said:

Djippps, one last question, i carefully Read your guide and all the posts about survival waves. The aid to my friends is going well despite having completed it on day one in 2016. Many things have changed and then i ask you if there are tips and videos on enemy spawn. Thanks 

Enemy spawns depend on your location on the map. (Stage 2 we do not care since we can run into enemies with the good load out), Stage 5 is highly sensitive on the location of the three players, they really need to be closed together at the beginning of each wave to respect the "corridor" strategy, Stage 6, I am sure about my spot. Stage 7, some people use the big building location (but it is harder to not be killed on my opinion). For the last stages, I am confident for the spots. 

I still think my guide is up to date since I have played last year with friends to help them, it went smoothly (I have noticed anything new) and I do not think naughty dog had made changes since (they probably change between day one and my guide nevertheless since they designed it for micro-transactions ...?). 

That being said, health is much better for players having levels 40-50. A little farming of Stage 6 could also help to have better weapons. Level 4-5 are significantly better for Crushing. And do not forget to use the good loadouts. 

For suggestions of other spots, you can use J-S_93 videos I mention in the preliminaries of my guide (originally mainly for glitches) or also the links given by Alien713 just above  in the discussion (YT videos by przemo97 or Tycepticon), he gives the link for Stage 7 but check for others. ?

Edited by djippps
  • Like 1

On 13/7/2023 at 12:29, djippps said:

Gli spawn dei nemici dipendono dalla tua posizione sulla mappa. (Fase 2 non ci interessa dato che possiamo imbatterci in nemici con il buon carico), Fase 5 è molto sensibile sulla posizione dei tre giocatori, hanno davvero bisogno di essere vicini all'inizio di ogni ondata per rispettare il " strategia di corridoio", fase 6, sono sicuro del mio posto. Fase 7, alcune persone usano la grande posizione dell'edificio (ma secondo me è più difficile non essere uccisi). Per le ultime tappe, sono fiducioso per le posizioni. 

Continuo a pensare che la mia guida sia aggiornata da quando ho giocato l'anno scorso con gli amici per aiutarli, è andata bene (ho notato qualcosa di nuovo) e non credo che da allora Naughty Dog abbia apportato modifiche (probabilmente cambiano tra il primo giorno e il la mia guida tuttavia poiché l'hanno progettata per le micro-transazioni ... 1f606.png). 

Detto questo, la salute è molto migliore per i giocatori con livelli 40-50. Un po' di agricoltura della Fase 6 potrebbe anche aiutare ad avere armi migliori. I livelli 4-5 sono significativamente migliori per Crushing. E non dimenticare di usare i buoni caricamenti. 

Per suggerimenti di altri spot, puoi usare i video J-S_93 che cito nei preliminari della mia guida (originariamente principalmente per glitch) o anche i link forniti da Alien713 appena sopra nella discussione (video YT di przemo97 o Tycepticon), che fornisce il collegamento per la fase 7 ma controlla per gli altri. 1f917.png

Thank a lot ???

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...