NG+ Ultra Hard - How did you prepare?

Ac3NiNjA9

I dont played it, but I am interested in thefollowing question: Is there a positive effect of playing the base game, then the dlc and then NG+ on hard? 

I know it is a bit early to ask, but I saw that the activity of this thread is high again. I want to start it in few weeks (i want to complete some other trophies and I waited, because I hate to have fun with a game and then after you are done for a lot of time they release a dlc) 

1 hour ago, T-100 said:

Is there a positive effect of playing the base game, then the dlc and then NG+ on hard?

The DLC story itself is more or less separate from the main game story, so you can play it before or after NG+, it wouldn't really make a difference. Some of the weapons from the DLC might be helpful, hard to say. I personally don't think it matters which order you do it in, since you have to replay the whole story again in NG+ anyway, and the DLC isn't part of that.

• Like 1

guys assuming you completed your ultra hard play through you are given the option to start a new new game plus play through where you can switch the difficulty to anything you want.  the only downside is you have to run through the 1st few missions again i believe through the proving to gain access to the other areas.  I t cost me some time as i had already completed a few missions of the dlc which you will have to start that over as well.  However, if you're just looking to breeze through to gain your 100% back this is by far the best solution.  that 1st ice bringer machine or whatever it was called only took about 400 arrows on ultra hard.  A bit ridiculous considering it can one shot you at any point.  This is easier than starting a new game because if you start a whole new game you have to level from 0-60 instead of 50-60.

to clarify you can create a new game plus on top of a new game plus assuming you completed the preceding new game plus at which point you are given the option to change the difficulty.

Edited by steel6burgh
additional info

Damn, sucks that you can't change your difficulty even after completing NG+ - they should allow you to after you've unlocked the NG+ trophies imo.

I planned on playing Frozen Wilds on VH (or even UH), but I'd rather have the option to change difficulty in case it gets too frustrating.

I can do without my adept weapons so I'll use my save just before starting NG+ (got ALOT of loot and stuff so that's nice.) After checking, I still have access to my face paints and focus variations from completing NG+, that's enough for me.

Edited by Ac3NiNjA

4 hours ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

T

4 hours ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

Damn, sucks that you can't change your difficulty even after completing NG+ - they should allow you to after you've unlocked the NG+ trophies imo.

I planned on playing Frozen Wilds on VH (or even UH), but I'd rather have the option to change difficulty in case it gets too frustrating.

I can do without my adept weapons so I'll use my save just before starting NG+ (got ALOT of loot and stuff so that's nice.) After checking, I still have access to my face paints and focus variations from completing NG+, that's enough for me.

you can change the difficulty after completing the new game plus.  Once the new game plus is complete you have the option to start another new game plus at which point you can change the difficulty and play through a few base game missions to gain access to the part of the map you need to play frozen wilds.  30 minutes tops.

Just now, steel6burgh said:

T

you can change the difficulty after completing the new game plus.  Once the new game plus is complete you have the option to start another new game plus at which point you can change the difficulty and play through a few base game missions to gain access to the part of the map you need to play frozen wilds.  30 minutes tops.

Yep, I know that but the thing is the difficulty is locked to whatever you choose and like I said, I wanted the option to switch between difficulties while playing Frozen Wilds. I found "new" weapons available to buy at merchants so I probably wouldn't of even used my adept gear that much..

On 06/11/2017 at 1:26 PM, Swotam said:

I didn't prepare as such, just started the playthrough and went through it as fast as possible. It was tough at parts but not crazy hard. The last couple of missions were a pain, but for the most part it wasn't insanely difficult. That said, I wouldn't want to play regularly on that difficulty level, I personally don't find it that fun.

Looking forward to Frozen Wilds!

Edit: Just wanted to add that the only really important thing is to have the Shield Weaver armor set, that will go a LONG way towards making NG+ on UH more manageable. Of course, assuming you have the Platinum you've already got that covered.

6 Ravagers? were fun on Ultra Hard let alone the two Thunderjaws. I need to learn to shoot without the crosshair for the realism.

Facing the Scorcher for the first time on Ultra Hard was interesting. I had no idea what to expect but was playing it safe with the Weaver armour. Though on my second kill for the Scorcher it didn’t take long to kill it with the slingshots.

Edited by voofx

Finally started my NG+UH run today after completing the Frozen Wilds DLC last night.  The new Adept Sharpshot Bow is a useless nerfed JOKE.  It has 4 modifcations slots yes, but they are meaningless at higher levels and UH difficulty because the damage maxes out at about 105.  The Banuk Powershot Bow from the DLC has max damage of 170+ and absolutely crushes the Adept Sharpsot Bow.  If all the Adept weapons are this pathetic then they are a complete waste of time, shards and farming hearts.