2K and WWE

daniezutton

A few months ago I made a thread about THQ, former developers of the WWE games going bankrupt. There were rumors about Take-Two Interactive getting the rights to WWE games, now it's true.

20130214_WWE14_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

NEW YORK — 2K and WWE today announced that they have entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement granting 2K the exclusive worldwide rights to publish the critically acclaimed WWE video game franchise across all major platforms and distribution channels. The series, which will continue to be developed by Yukes in Japan, will combine the studio’s signature gameplay with 2K’s commitment to authenticity in WWE ’14, the latest iteration of the popular, long-running series. With the addition of the WWE franchise, 2K will continue a highly successful, 15-year tradition established by past WWE titles. Financial terms were not disclosed.

“The WWE series is a great addition to our stable of triple-A titles, and we’re very happy with this exclusive agreement with our new partners,” said David Ismailer, Chief Operating Officer for 2K. “We look forward to capturing the excitement of WWE and marrying it with the same commitment to authenticity and entertainment that we give to our NBA 2K and MLB 2K franchises.”

2K has a strong history in growing premier sports simulation titles, evidenced by the incredible commercial success of the NBA 2K series, with more than 15 million units of NBA 2K11, NBA 2K12 and NBA 2K13 sold to-date worldwide. This year, in the first week of its release, NBA 2K13 sold 49 percent more copies in the same time frame than the franchise’s previous record-holder, NBA 2K11.

“2K’s reputation for outstanding quality and dedication to authenticity are a perfect fit for WWE,” said Casey Collins, Executive Vice President, Consumer Products for WWE. “This new partnership will ensure that WWE continues to be one of the leading video game brands in the world and we look forward to continuing the franchise with the benefit of their expertise across a variety of platforms.”

“The development work on the WWE franchise is impressive, and we’re excited to combine our background in developing the NBA 2K series with theirs in this new partnership,” said Greg Thomas, Executive Vice President of 2K Sports. “Fans can expect the most authentic WWE experience on game consoles this fall.”

Developed by Yukes, WWE ’14 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available for consoles in fall 2013.

For more information on 2K, visit www.2K.com.

Read it yourself on WWE's Official Website

http://www.wwe.com/i...series-26090727

I'm a fan of the WWE games but it needed a turn around. THQ just couldn't hack it anymore and I think the only reason WWE '13 sold decently is because they implemented the Attitude Era into it. Honestly, it just seemed like THQ gave up on the WWE series.

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

I haven't enjoyed wresting games since WCW Vs. NWO for the Nintendo 64. I have heard from fans of wresting that the games have been going downhill so I hope a new developer can bring back what people enjoyed.

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

I haven't enjoyed wresting games since WCW Vs. NWO for the Nintendo 64. I have heard from fans of wresting that the games have been going downhill so I hope a new developer can bring back what people enjoyed.

Parker

Not a new developer, Yukes is still making it. Only thing changing is the name and the publisher. So lets see if 2K actually shakes things up or releases the same old same old.

I love wrestling games so I'm hoping for a shake up.

Parker

Downhill is putting it lightly.

Let see if they will improve in the graphics as they have gotten worse.

Indeed they have. Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 had better graphics than WWE 13, in my opinion. The superstars looked better anyway.

Not a new developer, Yukes is still making it. Only thing changing is the name and the publisher. So lets see if 2K actually shakes things up or releases the same old same old.

I love wrestling games so I'm hoping for a shake up.

Some people from Yukes are being brought in to help work on the new WWE games, not the entire dev team. Not sure if that is true or not but I know I read it somewhere.

-Unknown Source

They get worse the PS2 the graphics looked good for a console with limitations the TNA game sucked there no doubt about that but the graphics were incredible good and for a game that was released on 2008 looking better than a 2012 released game says a lot even though it is made by different developers which means Yukes is probably too lazy adding details to the wrestlers physics

bookt.jpg

• Like 1

I want some game modes and other things as well. This is what I want, I know it's not all about me and whatever you reply with, I will most likely already know or agree with you.

General Manage Mode

When I mention this, people tell me just to play Universe Mode. No, it's just not the same. I liked competing against the CPU to see if I could become the GM of the Year. Though it wasn't hard, it was fun. I propose a difficulty setting for GM Mode if they bring it back.

Up-To-Date Roster

The most up-to-date roster would be nice. I don't want to see Brie and Nikki Bella in the game when they were fired. So this year, Eve, Kelly Kelly, and Beth Phoenix should not be in WWE 2K14 because they were released. If not an UTDR then have servers that work so I can download superstars and divas that are not in the game.

DLC

I don't want DLC of a superstar or diva that should have been in the game. AJ Lee and Layla are prime examples. Legend DLC is perfectly fine, as long as it isn't the same ole Legends we get every year.

Real Weight Detection

Rey Mysterio suplexing Big Show, no...

This is who I expect (should/want) to be in WWE 2K14

• AJ Lee
  • Aksana
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Alicia Fox
  • Antonio Cesaro
  • Big Show
  • Booker T (with Suit, Normal Ring Attire, and King Booker Attire)
  • Brodus Clay
  • Chris Jericho
  • CM Punk (BITW Attire and GTS Attire)
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Damien Sandow
  • Daniel Bryan
  • David Otunga (Normal Attire and Harvard Attire)
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Dean Ambrose (Shield Attire and NxT Attire)
  • Drew McIntyre (The Chosen One Attire and 3MB Attire)
  • Epico
  • Heath Slater (Normal Attire and 3MB Attire)
  • Jack Swagger
  • Jey Uso
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Jinder Mahal (Normal Attire and 3MB Attire)
  • John Cena
  • Kaitlyn
  • Kane
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Layla
  • Mark Henry
  • The Miz
  • Primo
  • R-Truth
  • Randy Orton
  • Rey Mysterio
  • The Rock
  • Roman Reigns (Shield Attire and NxT Attire)
  • Rose Mendes
  • Ryback
  • Seth Rollins (Shield Attire and NxT Attire)
  • Sheamus
  • Sin Cara
  • Tamina Snuka
  • Tensai
  • Triple H (Suit Attire, DX Attire, and Original Attire)
  • Undertaker
  • Wade Barrett

These are questionable

• Alex Riley
  • Big E Langston
  • Bo Dallas
  • Camacho
  • Cameron (Manager)
  • Christian
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Darren Young
  • Evan Bourne
  • Ezekiel Jackson
  • The Great Khali
  • Hunico
  • Jerry Lawler (Announcer Clothing and Ring Attire)
  • Johnny Curtis
  • JBL (Suit and Ring Attire)
  • JTG
  • Justin Gabriel
  • Mason Ryan
  • Michael McGillicutty
  • Naomi (Manager)
  • Natalya
  • Santino Marella
  • Ted DiBiase
  • Titus O'Neal
  • Tyson Kidd
  • William Regal
  • Yoshi Tatsu
  • Zack Ryder

Non-Playable

• Josh Matthews
  • Justin Roberts
  • Lilian Garcia
  • Matt Striker
  • Michael Cole
  • Mr. McMahon
  • Paul Heyman
  • Ricardo Rodriguez
  • Scott Stanford
  • Theodore Long
  • Tony Chimel
  • Vickie Guerrero

They get worse the PS2 the graphics looked good for a console with limitations the TNA game sucked there no doubt about that but the graphics were incredible good and for a game that was released on 2008 looking better than a 2012 released game says a lot even though it is made by different developers which means Yukes is probably too lazy adding details to the wrestlers physics

bookt.jpg

I liked it.

• 4 months later...

Parker

This was a good game, and WCW Revenge on Nintendo 64, there was also one on PS1 where you could build stables of wrestlers and you and a friend could both use your own wrestler in the story mode. they have really gone down hill since then,

One thing I think they need to improve are reversals, they were far too easy on WWE'13 that the game didn't feel like watching it on TV. Example of every match online; reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, reversal, running grapple, punch, reversal, reversal, reversal, ect.