Trophy thoughts?

iFraaN97

27 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Started midnight last night and just like I thought it would, amazing xD

off course I'm still early on, so cant wait to play more when i get back home, happy friday the 13th :D

The gameplay looks awesome too

Glad to hear you got some positives there! The reviews seem to be hitting positively too. I'm really really interested in the semi-open world gameplay aspects. If this is done properly, it could open the door to a fully open world horror game down the line. I feel that is an under-represented theme in open world gaming at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Glad to hear you got some positives there! The reviews seem to be hitting positively too. I'm really really interested in the semi-open world gameplay aspects. If this is done properly, it could open the door to a fully open world horror game down the line. I feel that is an under-represented theme in open world gaming at the moment.

Yep, I'm on chapter 3 and the open world aspects started to take form. It's really fun actually, specially for being a horror game. 

I can't wait to try classic mode when I'm finished, always love a challenge in games. 

23 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The game is indeed awesome, the chapter 3 is a huge open world area with lots to find, kill and see. 

I actually spent 4 hours last night in that chapter alone. 

New enemies started to spawn and the connection segments with the first are really great. 

I won't post spoilers for the story, so don't worry xD

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Juzota said:

The fact that there is open world areas in this game made me lost any interest to this game. Too bad, I quite liked the first one.

Its not large at all whatsoever and its actually pretty interesting as the game wants you to explore and almost every house in the game has some sort of side story or weapons for you to get. It never feels empty and a waste of time IMO. Plus the linear sections are still plentiful.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Boooda said:

Its not large at all whatsoever and its actually pretty interesting as the game wants you to explore and almost every house in the game has some sort of side story or weapons for you to get. It never feels empty and a waste of time IMO. Plus the linear sections are still plentiful.

I agree with this, totally amazing game. Sad people hate without giving it a chance, oh well, let then have a Nemesis like creature hunting then 

Also I really loved the shooting gallery, reminded me a lot of the fun and rewarding mode from Resident Evil 4 xD

Those will be the last videos I'll post, all from chapter 3, so no actual story spoilers yet. Right now things are starting to shape, so no more videos, play to find it 

Hope you well bud 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

There are people who think that everyone has to like all the changes in the games , i like EW2 and i understand your POV :) some areas reminds me the last of us lol

Yeah, I don't hate open-world games but in my opinion not every game needs to be open-world, especially horror games. Guess I'm just a hater boy, too bad.

• Like 1

I like the game and the QOL improvements like better smoother movement and automatically vaulting over stuff when sprinting, but for me the open worldish element hurts a horror game because of the pacing. Think about it, with a linear design they can craft each encounter that you get into like in the first game. If you open up the game, then I can just take the longer way to my objective you know, no reason to go through or stealth through the enemies. But I can totally see why others seem to dig it. Also the first one was scarier imo. Even the freaking loading screens were creepy! Again mostly because of the more linear approach and Shinji basically throwing and jerkin you around with new stuff for 15 hours lol. And imo there are way too many humans in the game, it doesn't really feel like you are totally completely cut off from your buddies. In the first one those characters come and go with maybe a little co-op shooting here and there.

The stealth could have used more work because the enemies seem way dumber. If they see me, I can just run away into the nearest bush and they will forget where i was immediatelly. In Ew1 that didn't happen often...mostly because the play areas were smaller and closed off. However I will say that once you wanna fight them, they lock onto you like hornets and it gets intense trying to get a good angle on them to shoot.

I give the game a solid 8/10 and the first one a 9/10 but that's just me and I will go for all the trophies too.

4 hours ago, Juzota said:

Sad that if you're not into something then you're hater.

Who said anything about being a hater? All I did was point it out that most people tend to criticize everything without even trying for themselves, specially if you did enjoy the first game. A few chapters won't take the feel of linearity of the first game. 

Edited by Mah2c

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I just finished my Nightmare difficulty playthrough and I have to say - this game rocks. Easily one of my favourite horror games now. Looking forward to trying Classic mode and going for the collectibles i've missed.

I'm hoping to start it soon, can't wait to get stuck in! The first one is easily one of my fav horror games...