Trophy thoughts?

iFraaN97

1 hour ago, CircusOfClouds said:

Classic mode = no weapon upgrades + nightmare difficulty + limited number of saves 

Source?

If that its itsounds alot easier then 1 shot kill like akumu was. More like dead space 2 with limited saves. 

The no weapon upgrade will probably provide a challenge but you can still use red gel to upgrade Sebastian.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

If that its itsounds alot easier then 1 shot kill like akumu was.

Not sure about that.

Upgrading some specific weapons fully helped some terrible checkpoints in the first game in Akumu mode. Like using fully upgraded stun bolts in  that firehose in level 5 made it piece of cake. 

16 minutes ago, ch1ran said:

Not sure about that.

Upgrading some specific weapons fully helped some terrible checkpoints in the first game in Akumu mode. Like using fully upgraded stun bolts in  that firehose in level 5 made it piece of cake. 

Yeah but you needed upgrades to help you alot more since it was 1 shot kill. here you can get hit so upgrades doesnt matter nearly as much. If the other post now is correct and its limited saves with no weapon upgrades and surv difficulty.

3 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

Yeah looks pretty similar to the first one. I think CLASSIC MODE is the new name for AKUMU lol. It may be Akumu and Kurayami mixed together 1f602.png Definitely gonna be tough... again!

i know the first (easy) trophy I will get - That Cinematic Feel Just turn it ON and straight back OFF again 1f606.png 

Is that confirmed? i thought you had to beat the entire game in that mode. 

35 minutes ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

Is that confirmed? i thought you had to beat the entire game in that mode. 

Oh I just assumed you had to start it didn’t know you had to play the entire game. That’s shit if it’s true when they know everyone hated that and so they gave the option to play without in the first game. Now they’re gonna force you to play with it on!?

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Oh I just assumed you had to start it didn’t know you had to play the entire game. That’s shit if it’s true when they know everyone hated that and so they gave the option to play without in the first game. Now they’re gonna force you to play with it on!?

These were pretty much my thoughts. The trophy description is vague, but my initial reaction was playthrough, but hopefully just a chapter..? It is only a bronze trophy.

It's good to see another sandwich out there.

• Like 1

Hopefully, no kill related trophy will present an issue like Full House did. ?

There seems to be a good lot of story related and unmissable trophies (19, telling from the list)

We will also have to be looking for 6 type of collectibles: Residual Memories, Files, Keys for lockers (the key part is  wild guess at this point), Photographic Slides, Mysterious Objects and Coffe Makers (where are the donuts though?)

No speedrun this time around, but I hope the Classic Mode proves fun! ?

I love this franchise but Akumu sucked because of the slow, sometimes wonky controls. I never finished the mode and it's my greatest shame?

Classic seems like it's Akumu again, but if it's just limited deaths (three extra lives, yknow?) or tank controls (trophy tile is a joystick?) or ANYTHING but OHK mode, I'll be happy. 

I can't wait for this game Friday. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I love this franchise but Akumu sucked because of the slow, sometimes wonky controls. I never finished the mode and it's my greatest shame1f614.png

Classic seems like it's Akumu again, but if it's just limited deaths (three extra lives, yknow?) or tank controls (trophy tile is a joystick?) or ANYTHING but OHK mode, I'll be happy. 

I can't wait for this game Friday. 

I did hear this game has control options for a classic, slower and tankier option like the first, and a more modern faster one. Although I bet classic mode will lock ya in.

I highly recommend Jigzaw's in depth Akumu walkthrough on YouTube if you do wanna take another crack at it, with his strats, it's quite doable. Worst parts are the moving platform gauntlet part, last Laura encounter, and the big room fight at the end, which are much easier if you have the flame spitting dlc bolts (I did it without).

2 hours ago, MagicSandwych said:

I did hear this game has control options for a classic, slower and tankier option like the first, and a more modern faster one. Although I bet classic mode will lock ya in.

I highly recommend Jigzaw's in depth Akumu walkthrough on YouTube if you do wanna take another crack at it, with his strats, it's quite doable. Worst parts are the moving platform gauntlet part, last Laura encounter, and the big room fight at the end, which are much easier if you have the flame spitting dlc bolts (I did it without).

Thats what got me through the game too lol. He’s a master at this game and hopefully he will also at 2 aswell ? He is still doing Akumu speed runs even now. I didn’t have the DLC bolts either but it was better to be stuck at 3 parts than the whole damn lot. That part on the moving platform was a nightmare - I almost gave up then!

Edited by Hogie838
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MagicSandwych said:

Thanks, I got stuck at the part in chapter six where the door is locked and the other dude has to open them for you. Yknow, where most people gave up, haha. 

It wasn't really the enemies that got me, it was just slow actions by my character. And the enemies. Haha, they weren't helping, that's for sure. 

I'm come to accept I'll never have the plat for the original. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, medenko1975 said:

who is in charge of this trophies? who makes them? they suck again.

they suck? why? Explain that, because the difficulty trophies are awsome.

Can't wait for "Classic Mode".

Maybe good that there is no "Speedrun" Trophy, could be a hint for a longer Playtime.

But i didn't check all trophies (maybe spoilers) so i only no the Difficulty Specifics and i searched for a speedrun trophy xD

10 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Thanks, I got stuck at the part in chapter six where the door is locked and the other dude has to open them for you. Yknow, where most people gave up, haha. 

It wasn't really the enemies that got me, it was just slow actions by my character. And the enemies. Haha, they weren't helping, that's for sure. 

I'm come to accept I'll never have the plat for the original. 

Theres also a little trick for this 2 Rooms, after surviving the first room you have to kill a special amount of enemies (till 2 Small and 1 Big is left) than just run in circles because no new one's will spwan ;)  but i took me hours till this point xD

For anyone that was worried about the Cinematic Feel trophy, PowerPyx has posted a video. Letterbox Mode unlocks after beating the story once. Then you can switch it on, start a new game, the trophy pops, and that's basically it. So, no full playthrough needed.

• Like 2