What is the Classic Mode?

zeit86geist

41 minutes ago, zeit86geist said:

can someone pls explain me this mode... thinking of getting this game. but if the classic mode is just another word for the akumu mode i will gladly pass...

Classic

Note from Tango
“Classic is a twist on the difficulty of the game. Gameplay-wise it’s the same as Nightmare, however…

• There are no autosaves. Die and you will be returned to the title screen.
  • There are a limited amount of saves. You can only save your game 7 times throughout the entire game, so you’ll need to plot your course and only save when essential.
  • Sebastian will be unable to upgrade his weapons or himself. You’ll have to make it all the way to the end of the game with Sebastian’s base parameters and effectively use every weapon and item in his arsenal to survive until the very end.

It’s a difficulty with some real risks and any slight mistake could cost you dearly.”

Source

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skateak said:

Classic

Note from Tango
“Classic is a twist on the difficulty of the game. Gameplay-wise it’s the same as Nightmare, however…

• There are no autosaves. Die and you will be returned to the title screen.
  • There are a limited amount of saves. You can only save your game 7 times throughout the entire game, so you’ll need to plot your course and only save when essential.
  • Sebastian will be unable to upgrade his weapons or himself. You’ll have to make it all the way to the end of the game with Sebastian’s base parameters and effectively use every weapon and item in his arsenal to survive until the very end.

It’s a difficulty with some real risks and any slight mistake could cost you dearly.”

Source

The 7 saves thing is way too generous imo, especially as you can just back it up lol. Would prefer it if it was a one sitting thing. Either way I’m sure it’ll be fun.

Ouch, that actually seems quite a challenge. 7 saves is not a lot and enemies can kill you super fast if you're not careful. I'm not very far in my first playthrough but I'd assume the best time to save would be before major boss battles.

Edited by Mayadome