FFS!

B4d4ssHunt4r

On 10/25/2017 at 1:47 PM, ryan32289 said:

I can't for the life of me try to get past the fourth valve door on Jake's campaign on professional chapter 2-3. I've tried both analog sticks as fast as possible but apparently it just doesn't cut it. What to do now :/

I encountered the exact same issue. Began yelling so loud I feared my neighbors may think a crazy person lived next door. I eventually succeeded in beating it solo (my forearms felt like Popeye's after that) but it was a total piece of aggravating shit to get through. Once I got through it, the rest of Pro was a cakewalk to get through. No lie, Simmons was easier than that shit.

If you want, I'd co-op with you on that one part only. If not, it's cool. I wish you luck. I know the pain of that part.

• Like 3

I had to do it co-op. Infuriatingly stupid game design. Definitely the most annoying part of the game when I was going for the plat. You can mash and mash, it just doesn't work. It must be pure luck or RNG or whatever, but no matter what I did I always got caught at the last bit.

Edited by SkyMason

58 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

I encountered the exact same issue. Began yelling so loud I feared my neighbors may think a crazy person lived next door. I eventually succeeded in beating it solo (my forearms felt like Popeye's after that) but it was a total piece of aggravating shit to get through. Once I got through it, the rest of Pro was a cakewalk to get through. No lie, Simmons was easier than that shit.

If you want, I'd co-op with you on that one part only. If not, it's cool. I wish you luck. I know the pain of that part.

Yes please do so

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Must be an unlucky glitch 

It's not a glitch, you just have to be extremely fast. I did it solo while playing as Sherry, but it took a few tries. If Ustanak makes it through the last door at all then you just weren't fast enough and have to try again. It just seems like it's unintended because RE6 is poorly designed. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

It's not a glitch, you just have to be extremely fast. I did it solo while playing as Sherry, but it took a few tries. If Ustanak makes it through the last door at all then you just weren't fast enough and have to try again. It just seems like it's unintended because RE6 is poorly designed. 

Had no idea it was hard for some people. I got it first try without a problem 

On 10/29/2017 at 7:33 PM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Had no idea it was hard for some people. I got it first try without a problem 

It's not hard in the slightest, at least not in terms of what you can do yourself. Your AI partner will either do what it's supposed to or it will just get killed by Ustanak because it's being stupid and not moving fast enough. And it will get killed again and again. And again. Even if your own inputs are perfect and you mash at lightspeed, whether you get through it or not is pure luck. Really bad design.

Ok, let me input my experience on Resident Evil 6 (Note: Didn't play PS4 version, only 360 and PS3 ones):

Any QTE that involves analog sticks, just use the left one, I've never used the right one and never failed either. All of those analog sticks, you must full rotate the left analog sticks, don't flick it left and right. If any QTE is particularly troubling for you, you can buy an amazing skill called 'breakout' will easen out pretty much every QTE in the game, it's cheap enough and available right after finishing the chapter 1 with Leon.

I've S ranked all chapters on professional with at least one character, on the way to S rank all chapters with all characters on No Hope difficulty (i.e no skills equipped) and so far, no QTE has really posed a trouble for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have run into the same problem as the topic-starter did, and I have to admit that this Jake's 2-3 chapter indeed stinks on the professional mode. I have spent 2 evenings to get through that 4 f*cking doors, but no matter how good and quick I was rotating the sticks - it did not help and the stupid bot kept dying. Even with "Breakout" skill enabled an both sticks rotated. I was really ready to go online and try my luck with some randoms, but eventually I have managed to do it solo - by putting my palm on the both sticks and mashing it as hell (poor gamepad...). Though, I was trying the same approach about 10 times already with no success - not sure what happened in the last attempt, probably - just pure luck.

The funniest thing is that I completed RE6 on PS3 about an year ago and I don't remember the 2-3 chapter for Jake being so annoying. Has it been something broken in the port for next-gen consoles? Maybe that "glorious" 60 fps is the reason?

Edited by scFlinT-us

22 hours ago, scFlinT-us said:

The funniest thing is that I completed RE6 on PS3 about an year ago and I don't remember the 2-3 chapter for Jake being so annoying.

Same here. I got all achievements on 360 very easily. 

But here on PS4, it sucks a lot. I've been trying to get that freaking 4th door open for at least one hour !

• 5 months later...

So much time passed and it didn't even changed... Whole game was smooth and I started it on Veteran for first time and completely stuck at this moment. No matter what is going on with Jake, Ustanak and the door - Sherry keep standing there and shoot. I once did it. and I saw how monster stuck, but the girl instead of moving, emptied half of a clip into monster. Have no idea how to pass it solo...

Edited by Bloodytears1666

• 1 year later...

this is fkn ridiculous and i now remember this also happening on ps3. i get the last door open in time and for some reason the ai think hey ill just stand here and try to shoot 3 handgun bullets into a ENORMOUS UNSTOPPABLE MONSTER THAT DRILLS HIM INTO A FKN WALL!!

capcom should gift me a new controller after this because im tearing apart my analog sticks

I've platinumed both on PS3 & PS4. I'm usually very gently with my controller. I rotate normally not trying as fast as I could on PS3, I don't remember I'd ever died on that part before.

But on PS4 yeah I failed many times. Eventually I managed to do it by rotating both analog stick as fast as I could (playing co op with AI)

I think it's because the 60fps thing makes the game speeds up abit. Definitely not a bug, just become harder to be done on PS4 60fps.

• 1 year later...

If by chance anyone is trophy hunting like me or playing this for whatever reason in 2020 and beyond and they get stuck in 2-3 on professional, here is how you beat it. Forget about using your thumbs and dont use both analog sticks. Use your palm and only one analog stick and you'll beat it every time. I know this because I literally just lost 58 times in a row with my thumbs then beat it 4 consecutive times with my palm. Hope this helps someone someday. 

Edited by TheMangler24
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 25/09/2020 at 10:34 AM, TheMangler24 said:

If by chance anyone is trophy hunting like me or playing this for whatever reason in 2020 and beyond and they get stuck in 2-3 on professional, here is how you beat it. Forget about using your thumbs and dont use both analog sticks. Use your palm and only one analog stick and you'll beat it every time. I know this because I literally just lost 58 times in a row with my thumbs then beat it 4 consecutive times with my palm. Hope this helps someone someday. 

Thanks fella, I appreciated the advice! Going for the platinum now in 2021! 

• Like 1