Time to Plat?

Itachirulz1

Depends on how you can handle the Guido races. Easily one of the worst things I've ever played. Completely stopped me from getting the plat lol.

It's like a 7-10 hour plat if you can get through it without much resistance, but those Guido races are so luck based that you might get through them first try or you might spend 10 hours on those alone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 4:51 AM, KingGuy420 said:

Depends on how you can handle the Guido races. Easily one of the worst things I've ever played. Completely stopped me from getting the plat lol.

It's like a 7-10 hour plat if you can get through it without much resistance, but those Guido races are so luck based that you might get through them first try or you might spend 10 hours on those alone.

Those races are by far the worst part of the game. They wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact you spin out all the damn time for no apparent reason. So far I'm doing okay in them, got the first two done with anyway. Looking ahead and seeing how many makes me want to cry, I hate these things.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Those races are by far the worst part of the game. They wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact you spin out all the damn time for no apparent reason. So far I'm doing okay in them, got the first two done with anyway. Looking ahead and seeing how many makes me want to cry, I hate these things.

First 2 aren't too bad, 3 is where the nightmare begins. I heard 5 is the hardest of them all but I never made it past 3 lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

First 2 aren't too bad, 3 is where the nightmare begins. I heard 5 is the hardest of them all but I never made it past 3 lol.

Overall, I had more issues beating the Bubba or whatever race as Mater. lol

The controls are so bad as the karts, but at least the laps are short. I did take awhile on couple of them, but it wasn't that bad other than wanting to punch something when you make it to lap 5 and spinout for no apparent reason or glitch through the wall, or get stuck on a box, or one time I got stuck on a tire for a good 20s and couldn't move at all, and I wasn't on the ground so it didn't count as off track even though I was. Fun~

I can't believe they made this for kids. And that was on the easy difficulty. :/ You'd think that even if the controls are wonky or you spinout that the easy difficulty would still give you tons of space between you and the AI, but nope. They were almost always no more than 1s away from me. Except on the super easy tracks (pretty much ever speedway race is super easy to get nearly 10s lead on imo).

edit; to answer the question of OP just 'cause, I'd say under 10 hours is probably the most normal time. It can just get super frustrating at times.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/24/2018 at 7:05 AM, snowy123555 said:

For Guido Kart, you can do the races in Arcade Mode and select Luigi as the car, he isnt faster but he has much better controls and doesnt spin out

Sadly, that did not work for me at all. But these are quite easy once you figure out  how to turn effectively (let go of gas and drift)

Edited by Princejeffy

• 2 years later...

Guido races are incredibly annoying, yes. Thankfully, using Luigi in Arcade makes most of them far less annoying since he can actually drive fine enough, but Races 5 and 6 were still somewhat annoying due to how stupidly tight the track is for both, particularly 6 with its copious hairpin turns that are only somewhat mitigated by the shortcuts that they open up.

Also worth mentioning that you can enter the SLVRKEY cheat in the options menu to unlock every Arcade race right away, allowing you to get this trophy over with first.

• Like 2