Can you get Sony trophy rewards without being from U.S?

AGirlYouCantBeat

Guys i have a question,i am from Latin america but my account is from The United States,its because they sell North american gift cards where i live.

anyway,my question are:

1.-Can i use a VPN to sign up for the trophy rewards system? could i get banned for it? 

2.-I have a friend in north america,should i get her to sign up for me instead of using VPN? Is it safer/better?

My theory is that anyone can take advantage of this new trophy rewards system as long as the account is north american,is that correct too? i hope someone has the answers,thank you

You can check this thread since my advice comes from there: 

People say you can use a VPN to sign up and link an American account. 

You can technically get banned for it, but then again you also could get banned for making an American account when you live in Latin America. Very unlikely.

I never recommend giving your password to someone and there's no real benefit from this if you use a VPN. Either way, it's your info that's being entered, if Sony has a problem with it they won't care that it was actually entered in the USA.

That seems to be the case.

Best of luck!

12 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Can people please put question marks at the end of thread titles if they're asking questions? I'm sick of getting my hopes up when I see new threads, only to see that the poster is actually asking a question about topic X, rather than showing how to do topic X.

Edited the title.

• Like 1

Any person who is not a US citizen can benefit from this, but he/she needs to be a legal resident of the United States because as far as I know Sony Rewards delivers a physical card, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem if you aren't in the US as long as you have a US PSN account.

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Any person who is not a US citizen can benefit from this, but he/she needs to be a legal resident of the United States because as far as I know Sony Rewards delivers a physical card, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem if you aren't in the US as long as you have a US PSN account.

Oh its a physical delivery? Figured it would be a digital code? 

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

The last $10 reward card I got from Sony Rewards was in digital form sent to my email :)

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

but then again you also could get banned for making an American account when you live in Latin America.

Last time I checked the ToS: you can use a NA account in some latin american countries (and I remember perfectly that my country was in the list)

Now: nothing. you can only get banned if you are "a bad kid" but nothing about using NA account on SA.

I wonder what happened. Just a little info: all codes in physical games here in Chile worked with NA accounts. but now we have our own store, it seems you can use those promotional codes in NA account and SA accounts (except dollars and PS Plus codes). I have not tried this, but when you buy a code in, for example, Humble Bundle, you can use any account from any country in America (yes the continent) to redeem it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Katt said:

Last time I checked the ToS: you can use a NA account in some latin american countries (and I remember perfectly that my country was in the list)

Now: nothing. you can only get banned if you are "a bad kid" but nothing about using NA account on SA.

I wonder what happened. Just a little info: all codes in physical games here in Chile worked with NA accounts. but now we have our own store, it seems you can use those promotional codes in NA account and SA accounts (except dollars and PS Plus codes). I have not tried this, but when you buy a code in, for example, Humble Bundle, you can use any account from any country in America (yes the continent) to redeem it.

I actually didn't know that, thanks!

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

The last $10 reward card I got from Sony Rewards was in digital form sent to my email :)

Sounds like you know how to do this,could you please tell me how you did it? did you do it thru vpn or a friend? thank u

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Sounds like you know how to do this,could you please tell me how you did it? did you do it thru vpn or a friend? thank u

58 minutes ago, Aikn-Yor said:

Legal residents of the U.S. are able to redeem these rewards without any issues, this is the case with this psnprofiles user.