An nostalgic walk back

Lonemankane

Been checking about all my ps3 and ps2 discs and I happen to come by the demo discs for both ps3 and ps2 and I just wanted to basically talk about here to you all about them and see if any of you remember them at all, like the music of the main menus and sounds it made and moments you had when trying out the demos. I will post the link to 4 tracks from the ps2 demo discs. If any of you find any of the ps3 ones let me know as I remember the demo disc's music and would post it here once I get the link to it. Let's all get nostalgic ?

Here is the music for the ps2 demo disc

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, I can hear it. Maybe just on your end.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, skateak said:

I can hear it also.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, Lorajet said:

I'll reboot the computer and check it out.  Thanks.

So did any of you have any of them discs when you first got your ps2 like myself? if so what do you remember playing on them?

47 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

So did any of you have any of them discs when you first got your ps2 like myself? if so what do you remember playing on them?

I don't recall getting any of those disc but I did get my PS2 later into the cycle, before the slims though. I had bought my PS2 from Costco and it came with 'Greatest Hits' versions of Ratchet & Clank and ATV Offroad Fury.

One thing I do remember though is going to Pizza Hut all the time in the PS1 era for the Playstation Underground demo discs. That was such an awesome promotion and introduced me to many series from Crash Bandicoot to Silent Hill. From Enhander to Cool Boarders. 

3 hours ago, skateak said:

I don't recall getting any of those disc but I did get my PS2 later into the cycle, before the slims though. I had bought my PS2 from Costco and it came with 'Greatest Hits' versions of Ratchet & Clank and ATV Offroad Fury.

One thing I do remember though is going to Pizza Hut all the time in the PS1 era for the Playstation Underground demo discs. That was such an awesome promotion and introduced me to many series from Crash Bandicoot to Silent Hill. From Enhander to Cool Boarders. 

What were the promotions like? what type I mean.

2 hours ago, KANERKB said:

What were the promotions like? what type I mean.

Something along the lines of you would by a Stuff Crust pizza and they would give you a Playstation Demo disc, mine was red and I think I had a black one too. They even made Crash Bandicoot Pizza Hut commercials advertising the release of Playstation One and Crash Bandicoot. Way better than that BS they did with Xbox 360 and Burger King.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, skateak said:

ATV Offroad Fury - forgot about that one!  Spent days of my life playing that game.  Also, the best Gran Turismo (A-Spec) to hit the streets.  Hours of local coplay........

12 hours ago, Tesla_Rules said:

ATV Offroad Fury - forgot about that one!  Spent days of my life playing that game.  Also, the best Gran Turismo (A-Spec) to hit the streets.  Hours of local coplay........

I never played any racing game on console unless it was some kind of arcade one and that is why most of the time I hated racing games but I however enjoyed a lot of the racing parts in stuff like taxi.

11 hours ago, Intresseklubben said:

Ah the memories. I remember I had Dark Cloud on a demo disc way back in the day. In fact, I didn't know it was Dark Cloud that I played until the game was re-released for the PS4 in 2015. Watching the intro cutscene again after 15 years I was flooded with memories from a more innocent time. Bitter sweet nostalgia 1f607.png

I remember playing dark cloud on demo disc myself it was very good always wanted to play it when I was young but never could find it as it was ether too much to pay to get it or not there at all still is to this day however to this day I never forget the time I had gotten ratchet and clank after playing it on demo same with tekken 4 good memories.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:49 AM, KANERKB said:

I had the disc, but I don't think I ever put it in the machine. I certainly don't remember the songs. Was there a Dark Cloud demo? I might have played that, because I bought the game pretty early on.

I remember playing the original Ratchet & Clank and one of the Tekken games on a demo disc back on PS2. I don't think I ever heard of them before then. I remember enjoying R&C, but for whatever reason, I never ended up buying the full game, probably because I couldn't afford anything as a kid. :P All I remember about the Tekken demo was the cool-looking CG cutscene. I hadn't seen anything like that before.

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I had the disc, but I don't think I ever put it in the machine. I certainly don't remember the songs. Was there a Dark Cloud demo? I might have played that, because I bought the game pretty early on.

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I remember playing the original Ratchet & Clank and one of the Tekken games on a demo disc back on PS2. I don't think I ever heard of them before then. I remember enjoying R&C, but for whatever reason, I never ended up buying the full game, probably because I couldn't afford anything as a kid. :P All I remember about the Tekken demo was the cool-looking CG cutscene. I hadn't seen anything like that before.

All the demos were on discs most were sold with ps mags that talk about all the new games and some cheats that can help you or other stuff about the games. I used to only get ps3 ones as the ps2 ones were kind of rare and a lot of money, and all the demos were fun and I remember all the times I got the new games that were on it like 6 months later when it is cheap so I could get it. Never forgot the first time I tried out the demo of devil may cry loved it alot.