Is it just me?

Nitro

Is it just me or is the difficulty on the Vita substantially increased?

I think it's due to the short thumbsticks but holy shit - I'm having a hard time on some levels I remember as being easy. Currently stumped on 3-7.

it's definitely not just you ;)

vita version was the hardest one for me too, just as with Alteric and Save the Ninja Clan, just to mention a few more where this was the case (for me personally).

mostly had problems with the movement here, especially diagonal movement. iirc there was a level relatively early on (world 2 or so) where you basically have to move diagonally in a clockwise fashion while more or less constantly boosting to get three stars... this was one of the hardest levels for me.

1 minute ago, dernop said:

vita version was the hardest one for me too, just as with Alteric and Save the Ninja Clan, just to mention a few more where this was the case (for me personally).

mostly had problems with the movement here, especially diagonal movement. iirc there was a level relatively early on (world 2 or so) where you basically have to move diagonally in a clockwise fashion while more or less constantly boosting to get three stars... this was one of the hardest levels for me.

Yep, I believe that is the level I am stuck on. I am getting so frustrated with this game it's not even funny.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 8:27 AM, dernop said:

I just got a VITA yesterday (?) & I must say.. this is the exact reason I will not be attempting the VITA version of this game.. specifically level 2-5 as you were talking about.. that ish was terrible!!

Also, those diagonal movements are tough on a DS4, so I can only imagine the frustration I would have on the VITA joystick :[

Thinking about giving Alteric & Save The Ninja Clan a go soon though.......?

Edited by ibebrett

• 3 months later...

Looking at completion percentages, the Vita version is clearly more difficult, but it's funny that on both platforms NA players are more than 10 points behind in completion percentages than EU players. Since this game is not so much about skill as it is about patience, one could assume that EU players are more patient ;) Not getting this one on the Vita myself, my patience was running short when I played the PS4 version.

10 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Looking at completion percentages, the Vita version is clearly more difficult, but it's funny that on both platforms NA players are more than 10 points behind in completion percentages than EU players. Since this game is not so much about skill as it is about patience, one could assume that EU players are more patient ;) Not getting this one on the Vita myself, my patience was running short when I played the PS4 version.

I disagree. I find it more about skill than patience. Each to their own I guess.

• 3 months later...

For the last few hard 3-stars I used a PS TV and a PS4 controller, and it was STILL harder than the PS4 version. On a big screen you can easily see the skipped frames and stutter, especially when there's a lot going on in the level. The vita version also seems to want to snap your movement to horizontal/vertical more than the PS4.

Level 9-8 is hard on the vita, but you can exploit that things keep moving when you pause the game (but the timer stops) to give yourself a few extra seconds.

Level 2-5 is painful. I found tapping X to be better than holding it down and trying to draw a circle. When you get the movement right then the time isn't a problem (I got it in 2.1s).

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, GMV-EHV said:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Anti-skidding-Comfortable-Joypad-Bracket-Holder-Handle-Hand-Grip-Case-for-Sony-psv1000-Psvita-PS-Vita/32720773853.html

I've had troubles with a lot of vita games too. I bought this little thingy.. It helps a bit sometimes..

You can short your link ;).

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, GMV-EHV said:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Anti-skidding-Comfortable-Joypad-Bracket-Holder-Handle-Hand-Grip-Case-for-Sony-psv1000-Psvita-PS-Vita/32720773853.html

I've had troubles with a lot of vita games too. I bought this little thingy.. It helps a bit sometimes..

I think i'll have to buy a PSTV instead.

58 minutes ago, Smashero said:

You can short your link ;).

You're following me again D: