How should a boost go/not go?

Lonemankane

I have wanted to talk about this for nearly about a year or two now and well I thought why not do it now. I would like to talk about with you all how you think a boost session should go and not go. The way I see it is boost sessions should have at the end of it everyone in it having the trophies the session is about and not have someone or 2 or even 3 people left out for no reason, that is how I see it but I would like to see what you all think it should go.

My reasons for doing this is well for most of my trophy hunts  I have had bad and I mean bad sessions where someone once they got all the trophies left and didn't give a damn same with people not coming and so on and well I think hardly none of forums here have this kind of topic open so I thought why not talk about it as to me it is kind of get more and more common now.

Edited by KANERKB

Only time I leave a boosting party is when I don't need the trophies anymore AND there's enough people left that needs the trophies that they might as well do it together rather than me having to stay around. But, I usually tell them that I'll come back and help if they need help at some point.

I have however many a time experienced people requesting help and just leaving me behind once they got the trophies themselves. That always leaves a sour taste, and so I won't help them again, and most likely remove them from friends list etc. Just not interested in such people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Only time I leave a boosting party is when I don't need the trophies anymore AND there's enough people left that needs the trophies that they might as well do it together rather than me having to stay around. But, I usually tell them that I'll come back and help if they need help at some point.

I have however many a time experienced people requesting help and just leaving me behind once they got the trophies themselves. That always leaves a sour taste, and so I won't help them again, and most likely remove them from friends list etc. Just not interested in such people.

I have gotten it a lot myself but it to me has kind of broken my mood for liking to trophy hunt as well it is annoying to deal with as it can and has broken most sessions I was in.

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

I have gotten it a lot myself but it to me has kind of broken my mood for liking to trophy hunt as well it is annoying to deal with as it can and has broken most sessions I was in.

Yeah, I generally avoid MP games. Some publishers might think it's a genius move to have a MP feature, but unless I actually wanna play that MP a lot, it just turns me off completely. The more optional and less tied to the trophies it is, the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, I generally avoid MP games. Some publishers might think it's a genius move to have a MP feature, but unless I actually wanna play that MP a lot, it just turns me off completely. The more optional and less tied to the trophies it is, the better.

Well for me I always try to go for a games that are mostly single player, dead space 3 is one that annoyed me but co op helped me a lot thanks to the bs death glitch I kept getting

People are greedy and you're trusting randoms with helping other people out. I generally go through order of joining if each person has to get it separately. Worked pretty well when I did all of the Max Payne 3 DLC trophies. It's just down to probability and the roll of the dice. I honestly get people who just don't show up more often then people bouncing on me. That or people who don't talk at all in the gaming session prior to the date.

11 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

People are greedy and you're trusting randoms with helping other people out. I generally go through order of joining if each person has to get it separately. Worked pretty well when I did all of the Max Payne 3 DLC trophies. It's just down to probability and the roll of the dice. I honestly get people who just don't show up more often then people bouncing on me. That or people who don't talk at all in the gaming session prior to the date.

More on the lines of trusting other trophy hunters but yeah randoms can work too. But if it is a group work like say homefront where you must get xp and say one of the ramdoms in the chat is at level 3 and your at 2 along with the rest being just level 1 it will be a pain for you if the level 3 guy gets the trophies and leaves, it is a big pain.

But yeah I am glad your sharing your thoughts as this kind of thing is good to speak of as I like getting to see what you all think on something like this.

I was speaking of randoms in the capacity of random people joining your gaming sessions. You have to make sure the sessions goals are make absolutely crystal clear. No going after random trophies or other stuff. Just straight and narrow. We do this until everyone gets it and then this until everyone gets it. After that all you can do is hope that everyone plays nice. Shit happens. I mean RDR Poker trophies were a god damn nightmare to get all those people to just sit around and wait until the 2 people finally played out the whole hand for Big Blinds to get the trophy.

Edited by Yadilie

1 minute ago, VeritableLemon said:

Every boost session I've ever done has always been great, the whole team gets all the trophies that we agreed upon, and if we don't get it in one sitting we usually just rescheduled. Luckily I haven't run into toxic people who get trophies and then quit. Everybody's been awesome so far :)

You have gotten lucky then, but I will if I was you look out for people who do that as it can brake the boost and or turn others on one another but glad your lucky.

2 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

I was speaking of randoms in the capacity of random people joining your gaming sessions. You have to make sure the sessions goals are make absolutely crystal clear. No going after random trophies or other stuff. Just straight and narrow. We do this until everyone gets it and then this until everyone gets it. After that all you can do is hope that everyone plays nice. Happens. I mean RDR Poker trophies were a god damn nightmare.

That has happen a lot in RDR for me as well I didn't bother with it after the first 4 times of trying with gaming sessions I gave up on it.

I haven't had an issue yet *knocks wood*, but I haven't done that many either. Probably less than 10 over the years.

I just want, if text is used, to go to the playstation website instead of the much slower system keyboard. Adds unnecessary time. I don't like using mics, plus mine doesn't work anymore lol.

Edited by Elvick_

Just now, Elvick_ said:

I haven't had an issue yet *knocks wood*, but I haven't done that many either. Probably less than 10 over the years.

Your lucky as well, I hope your still lucky as all my times doing a big group or just 1 player session has gone bad and I hope you never do but what do you think is the best way a session should end like?

My gripe is a boost session will want to go after 10 trophies.  I already have 8 of them, but join to help others and so I can get my last 2 trophies.  After achieving the other trophies, people drop out and once again, I'm left with 2 trophies that are unearned.  Before the meet, we discuss what the boost session goal is, and what our goals are.  Just really bums me out that some people just don't seem to care. Oh, well.  I'm hoping for a better 2018 gaming session!  

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

My gripe is a boost session will want to go after 10 trophies.  I already have 8 of them, but join to help others and so I can get my last 2 trophies.  After achieving the other trophies, people drop out and once again, I'm left with 2 trophies that are unearned.  Before the meet, we discuss what the boost session goal is, and what our goals are.  Just really bums me out that some people just don't seem to care. Oh, well.  I'm hoping for a better 2018 gaming session!  

You and me both, I have had a lot of problems with nearly all of mine for the last 3 years now but yeah nothing much you can do, but I hope you best of luck in your own next year. However what do you think is the best way to do a session?

@KANERKB I've decided that the best way to do a boost session is to set it up myself, with the trophies I need.  If someone wants to join and they have a couple of other trophies that need to be earned, we agree on achieving all of the trophies in one or more sessions.  Seems fair to all.  I don't believe in setting up a shaming board to list people who earn trophies and then dump on the rest of us; I mean it's gaming, you know?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

@KANERKB I've decided that the best way to do a boost session is to set it up myself, with the trophies I need.  If someone wants to join and they have a couple of other trophies that need to be earned, we agree on achieving all of the trophies in one or more sessions.  Seems fair to all.  I don't believe in setting up a shaming board to list people who earn trophies and then dump on the rest of us; I mean it's gaming, you know?  

Yeah, I think that is the best way too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tesla_Rules said:

@Lorajet Totally agree with you.  Been dumped on myself.

@KANERKB Good post.  Wondered myself if everyone played fair or if I was the only one that didn't get their trophies.

Yeah it is one of the reasons why I made it as most trophy hunters I met have had no problems and well I think it is best to talk about what could be in your mind or anyone elses mind is the best way a boost session should end and all that and to show that others out there who have had bad times with theirs know that they are not alone.