"Exchange your trophies for new games!" EU

Sundr0wn_

Yeah, so, i live in switzerland and just got a mail from Playstation with the titel presented on the top. So i was all excited, thinking they brought this thing they started doing recently in US over to europe as well.

But turns out it's just for "That's You" trophies, which can be exchanged for other playlink games. yey.

All bronce trophies = Hidden Agenda

All bronce and silver = Hidden Agenda + Singstar celebration

All trophies (Plat) = Hidden Agenda + Singstar celebration + Knowledge is power

Also it's limited until 31. December or until they 'run out of codes'. So if you havent completed it yet, you're probably not gonna get anything unless you boost through christmas.

Yay, more gimmicky games that barely anyone plays. Just what we need.

Also, I have a freaking PTSD connected to the term "Singstar", thanks Sony Europe, bringing the demons out of the woodwork again. Do they really think that after being menaced by the unremovable karaoke app for years and years, we will line up for more torture?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamS7398 said:

I'd watch out when using a title like that for the thread. It's a bit misleading. Also there's already a thread for this, but thanks for the information.

Yeah that's on purpose cause it's the title to the mail i got. Hence the quotation marks.

Damn i checked but didnt find any other thread, well my bad.

Edited by thekiffer21
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

but its good to see that its slowly coming towards EU. I hope this system grows because then a platinum is really something "achieveable". (You work for it and get a new game for it)

not really actually...

When I saw the pointsystem they use in US to convert trophies into dollar, I checked what my plats would be worth.

I was at 85 platinums at that time and with all gold ans silvers according to that system my whole trophy list was worth 120$

In my humble opinion this is almost nothing if you think of the price of a new game.

so about 70 plats will give you one new game more or less.

I have to admit I don't know if they changed something since I read that or anything else about that feature.

I'm worried you guys won't end up getting a similar program as there are bound to be a ton of cheaters. I'm already working on my 3rd free $10 card (randomly had a ton of platinums saved right when the program started) so I'm sure some hackers probably have a lot more than that. It just takes one of them to cause Sony to cancel the program. Haven't thoroughly read the terms so hopefully there are some safeguards I am unaware of to weed them out but I doubt it, especially after the last time they tried something like this.

9 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

not really actually...

When I saw the pointsystem they use in US to convert trophies into dollar, I checked what my plats would be worth.

I was at 85 platinums at that time and with all gold ans silvers according to that system my whole trophy list was worth 120$

In my humble opinion this is almost nothing if you think of the price of a new game.

so about 70 plats will give you one new game more or less.

I have to admit I don't know if they changed something since I read that or anything else about that feature.

Yeah i know that its currently almost useless but i just like the fact that its coming and developing. Maybe its worth it in a few years

12 hours ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I'm worried you guys won't end up getting a similar program as there are bound to be a ton of cheaters. I'm already working on my 3rd free $10 card (randomly had a ton of platinums saved right when the program started) so I'm sure some hackers probably have a lot more than that. It just takes one of them to cause Sony to cancel the program. Haven't thoroughly read the terms so hopefully there are some safeguards I am unaware of to weed them out but I doubt it, especially after the last time they tried something like this.

I havent looked into it yet (since i'm not us) so cant say much about how worthwhile it is. But the way i see it, i am completing and plating games all the time anyway and through this program i would just get a little store credit for it from time to time. Sure you cant buy a big new release this way but it's enough for 1-2 easy completions on a sale. :)

Edited by thekiffer21