Eyepet Platinum will become unobtainable... (SERVERS SHUT DOWN 29th March 2018)

Extratenzy

The servers of Eyepet, Eyepet Move edition, Eyepet & Friends shut down 29th of March 2018.

the unobtainable trophy for Eyepet and Eyepet Move Edition will be the :bronze: Shopaholic trophy. 

THERE ARE NO ONLINE TROPHIES FOR THE EYEPET & FRIENDS TROPHY LIST.

To get the :bronze: Shopaholic trophy you will need to "Download 1 free item from the Eyepet store" (IN-GAME STORE, NOT VIA PS STORE)

so you NEED to get a copy of the game with the same region of your PSN.

NOTE: Japanese, Brazilian, Chile and Hungarian are the current known stores that don't have any free downloadable content for Eyepet, so you MUST NOT get the game with any of these 4 regions. Thanks to @HuntingFever for the information! :) 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jare said:

Technically for some it is already unobtainable, if your store has no items to download 

It is only for the JP store though.

NOTE: The Shopaholic trophy (and also the platinum) may be unobtainable if you are in a region that cannot access the PlayStation Store. The Japanese store also has no items to download, so you will not be able to obtain the trophy if you only use the JP store.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/eyepet/49616-eyepet-trophy-guide-road-map.html

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

To play the game do i need the PS Eye?

EDIT: I did a quik research, and you need the PS Eye. If you don't have the PS Eye get this one:

eye_pet_02.jpg

i remember when getting the game it comes with the PS Eye camera, and the game isn't that expensive from what i remember... i also remember getting the PS Eye camera alone was more expensive than getting it with the game.

18 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

NOTE: The Shopaholic trophy (and also the platinum) may be unobtainable if you are in a region that cannot access the PlayStation Store. The Japanese store also has no items to download, so you will not be able to obtain the trophy if you only use the JP store.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/eyepet/49616-eyepet-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Thanks for the info, gonna add that to my post :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

also i remember there was a PS Move version of the game.

Same list i suppose as there is no other one. But apparantly that version doesnt work without a move controller.

Also do you need the target card to play the game? I could get the game and camera both used and cheap but finding a card is probably gonna be a problem. Alternatively, will it work if you just print it out on paper or put it up on your phone screen? 

Edited by thekiffer21

4 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

Same list i suppose as there is no other one. But apparantly that version doesnt work without a move controller.

Also do you need the target card to play the game? I could get the game and camera both used and cheap but finding a card is probably gonna be a problem. Alternatively, will it work if you just print it out on paper or put it up on your phone screen? 

I think that card is only needed if you have the original version of the game, since I Platinumed the Move Edition a few years ago and was never asked for it. Also, Move controllers are mandatory if you have the Move Edition as the game won't let you play without them.

8 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

There are a few other countries as well where the Platinum was never possible due to the store being either empty or only had the Move Edition upgrade pack available e.g. Hungary. I'll update our Guide on .org and attempt to make it clearer as to which countries are never able to Platinum this game ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

You don't need the card. I'm just finishing up the plat now. You need the camera and a move controller for Eyepet, and for Eyepet & Friends, you need an additional move controller.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

what @diskdocx said above is true :).

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I think that card is only needed if you have the original version of the game, since I Platinumed the Move Edition a few years ago and was never asked for it. Also, Move controllers are mandatory if you have the Move Edition as the game won't let you play without them.

There are a few other countries as well where the Platinum was never possible due to the store being either empty or only had the Move Edition upgrade pack available e.g. Hungry. I'll update our Guide on .org and make it clearer as to which countries are never able to Platinum this game 1f642.png.

pleaase notify me when you know which regions exactly don't work :) 

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There are a few other countries as well where the Platinum was never possible due to the store being either empty or only had the Move Edition upgrade pack available e.g. Hungry. I'll update our Guide on .org and make it clearer as to which countries are never able to Platinum this game 1f642.png.

Ok sounds good! Let me know.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

You don't need the card. I'm just finishing up the plat now. You need the camera and a move controller for Eyepet, and for Eyepet & Friends, you need an additional move controller.

Yeah for Eyepet And Friends you need the Move controller correct. Atleast that one is an much easier plat.

8 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Ok sounds good! Let me know.

Yeah for Eyepet And Friends you need the Move controller correct. Atleast that one is an much easier plat.

Eyepet and Friends requires TWO Move controllers. It is easier, but sooooo very boring. I am grinding tokens and buying items now. 300 items to buy....so tedious.

The original Eyepet seems to have 2 versions. In North America it was released as just Eyepet, and was launched after the EU version. The only NA version available REQUIRES a Move Controller.

It looks like there was a non-Move enabled version released in EU, also titled Eyepet. This was replaced with Eyepet Move, which seems to be the same as the NA version of Eyepet.

I am not sure if the original EU Eyepet had trophies. It would appear only that version doesn't require Move.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Eyepet and Friends requires TWO Move controllers. It is easier, but sooooo very boring. I am grinding tokens and buying items now. 300 items to buy....so tedious.

The original Eyepet seems to have 2 versions. In North America it was released as just Eyepet, and was launched after the EU version. The only NA version available REQUIRES a Move Controller.

It looks like there was a non-Move enabled version released in EU, also titled Eyepet. This was replaced with Eyepet Move, which seems to be the same as the NA version of Eyepet.

I am not sure if the original EU Eyepet had trophies. It would appear only that version doesn't require Move.

Ok thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that the US version needed a Move Controller. So atleast i don't have to worry about buying a Move Controller for this game. I will probably buy those some day, but as long i get the first Eyepet Game for now, than it is all good.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:46 PM, diskdocx said:

What? Dammit.

That's the version i was gonna buy.

So now i need to know if the EU no-move edition is linked to the same trophylist, and if it works without the card.

Also in that case can you get that one online trophy without a move controller? Cause i'm not gonna buy an extra move controller, i'll complete it once i have VR.

EDIT: so i asked in a german forum and can confirm that Trophies are also obtainable in the standard (no move) edition.

Edited by thekiffer21
Additional information

My PSN account is US, I played the game years ago with a region 2 edition of the game and couldn't get the Shopoholic trophy, I assumed it's because the game is not the same region as my PSN, so If all versions share the same trophy list, what version should I get to earn the trophy? the NA non-move edition or the NA Move edition? or that doesn't matter?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RinoaBC said:

My PSN account is US, I played the game years ago with a region 2 edition of the game and couldn't get the Shopoholic trophy, I assumed it's because the game is not the same region as my PSN, so If all versions share the same trophy list, what version should I get to earn the trophy? the NA non-move edition or the NA Move edition? or that doesn't matter?

it doesn't matter if you get the move edition or the eye camera edition. both versions work if the game's region is NA :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 2:30 PM, diskdocx said:

was just returning back to this thread and i remember i didn't use a Move controller for Eyepet, just the eye camera tho

• Like 1