Game thoughts?

Hanzoadam

I recevied my copy saturday and I wanted to know what other people thought

Personally I think its a mess, I dont think it really works well, theres a nice huge world but its mostly empty, with checkpoints here and there.

I want to put some more time into it, but I may wait see if they patch it as I've had some really glitchy performance especially on the horse.

I will they'd not done the open world and just make a nice polished game like DW7.

Just wanted to see what others though

the game looks fun, the only dang dat im angry bout is, they fked up zhou tai with his moveset. I hope he get his moveset back as dlc. I thought first he use his style like in dw8/8 empires. I dont like dat they use clone moves for many officers. and the game looks slower then dw 8 empires/Xtreme legends imo. A future dw 9 empires would be cool. I loved the setting modes and stuff in dw 8 empires xD

Just now, lordzeze said:

I'm playing on the Slim and while there are framerate issues, the game is playable.

I really dont see how can anyone play this game atm. I was wondering if all the footage was done on an Xbox one X or a PC.

I will give another try again later and see.

The main issue is with field of vision. Things will not appear on your screen (enemies, animals, buildings) until you are within 50m-100m of them. When I am hunting animals, hits with the bow will push the animal forward so quite a few times the animal will just disappear so I will have walk forward a bit to get it to reappear lol

35 minutes ago, karamutengo said:

The game is really a mess atm. On PS pro BOTH modes are unplayable. 

Still, looks like an easy plating (only a huge grind as usual)

Overexaggerating a bit aren't you? I've played just over 160 hours of the game on the Pro in 'move mode' - Max fps is 30 but resolution is higher with increased visual effects like LODs and shadows - and I havn't had any issues at all - the game is completely playable on the Pro.

Is it perfect? no - but what game is on release these days? I agree the horse is a bit crap with its physics but who cares? You use it initially to get around and after that, you can just fast travel to any point you want on the map. The slowdown which occurs is either when the heavy fog and rain kicks in and there are a load of enemies on screen and even then the game doesn't go as slow as the Wii U version of Warriors Orochi or the early 360 titles. 

Your comment about if the footage was on the X is also very silly- the game runs almost identical on the X as it does on the Pro - don't forget, the CPU is only 9% faster in the X and KT aren't used to the Xbox as they have only put out a handful of titles this generation. The footage in the trailers is most likely the PC version, it usually is, but it still doesn't mean the Pro version is bad - because it isn't. I can't say anything about the base PS4 as I didn't get a chance to try it, but if it's bad on there then I image the Xbox one S is even worse.

The only things I can thik of, in regards to all these phantom issues people are having, is maybe patch 1.01 or 1.01 introduced some issues? I had completed the game within 152 hours before any patches hit the game - since then I've put in about 10 hours and had no issues but I've already completed everything and I'm just trying to get a few last trophies. Whatever it is, I'm sure KT are working on it and there will probably be a few update due out soon. But, once again, claiming a game is 'unplayable' just because it doesn't meet your 'standards' doesn't actually mean it's an unplayable game for the vast majority of people.

13 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Wow. That bad, huh? 

After Dragon Quest Heroes 2, I would have thought they learned how to make the open world work. Disappointing all around...

I didnt think Dragon question heroes 2 was too bad as the levels were smaller when you got to them

This is just a baron wasteland of nothing

I read Attack on Titan 2 is going to be big so I'm hoping they dont mess that up

3 hours ago, Hanzoadam said:

I didnt think Dragon question heroes 2 was too bad as the levels were smaller when you got to them

This is just a baron wasteland of nothing

I read Attack on Titan 2 is going to be big so I'm hoping they dont mess that up

Yeah, that was my point. I realize upon re-reading that I wasn't clear, but I like what DQH2 did, and thought that DW9 would build off of it. I had no idea that they would take the Far Cry route, but with emptiness.