Wondering where to look to build an easy plat.

elgustinland17

Ok so I see this is out of hands with ps network with all this easy plat like Mayo , energies , Mr massage ...etc.. so I kind of become very interested  in know how this might work . I know you gotta get a licensed  , paid rights and the publisher (Sony) but there are also cheapest ways such  as Indie games for example  but haven't get the right info yet .If anyone  knows more info bout this topic plz share cuz you never know what might happened  if I put all the pieces together  . Just share your knowledge  here and plz don't tell me bout google . :) 

2 minutes ago, elgustinland17 said:

that's the expensive way 

Every developer has to go through that. There's not some secret special way to get games onto PSN without going through these steps. Even indie games have to pay the fees and start a real company.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

PSN doesn't need more shitty games on it so my real advice would be to actually pursue something you love instead of just putting more garbage into the world (we have enough of that already). Sorry if that seems harsh but there is too many people just looking for an easy way out nowadays.

What you dont want another Life of Black Tiger? It was such a good game. (Pretty sure someone at Sony had his children kidnapped by the developer to get that shit on PSN)

42 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well that is the way to go about it. 

I also get that you want to make a lot of money for no effort but wouldn't you rather build something of quality than just turning a quick buck?

I mean even this post is incredibly lazy as you can't even be assed to do the research yourself. 

PSN doesn't need more shitty games on it so my real advice would be to actually pursue something you love instead of just putting more garbage into the world (we have enough of that already). Sorry if that seems harsh but there is too many people just looking for an easy way out nowadays.

1- off course that if  could I would  make a lot of easy $ this way  , have no problem with that , but what you don't  know is that when I get enough profit out of it I can build a good nice game cuz that is one of my dreams.

2- also I know bout google and I have search bout this topic(see in the topic tittle)  , just wanted to know what ppl think and know  bout this  cuz you never know .

3- And sorry if this seems harsh but "we" gamers gonna have more of these garbage games cuz yes , there is a lotta ppl that wanna turn this in a quick buck , now  some of em' have different interests  

btw , I think everyone now days want a quick easy buck , would't they ? 

9 minutes ago, elgustinland17 said:

1- off course that if  could I would  make a lot of easy $ this way  , have no problem with that , but what you don't  know is that when I get enough profit out of it I can build a good nice game cuz that is one of my dreams.

2- also I know bout google and I have search bout this topic(see in the topic tittle)  , just wanted to know what ppl think and know  bout this  cuz you never know .

3- And sorry if this seems harsh but "we" gamers gonna have more of these garbage games cuz yes , there is a lotta ppl that wanna turn this in a quick buck , now  some of em' have different interests  

But when I gave you an answer you didn't like it and wanted an easier way out. 

I just think if people concerned themselves with quality more than quantity we would have a better world. You can't have everything handed to you, if you want call up Sony and ask them for suggestions. All we can do is point you to the way that everyone else has to do.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, elgustinland17 said:

If it was a no-risk way to make a quick buck, then every indie developer would have already beat you to it. 'My name is Mayo' started out on steam and earned capital that way, and iirc '1000 top rated' sells themes on PlayStation so they would have had the capital to begin with as well.

If you want to actually develop games, you don't need alot of money, just time and dedication. I've met many indie developers who put the time and effort to make great games for their firsts. Even though garbage games make money, you would make a lot more making a decent game that people actually want to play. Steam is also much easier to get a game on than console.

Also, I think it may be easier to partner with Nintendo, I seem to remember someone on my Facebook doing it because it was quick and free.

7 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

If you want to actually develop games, you don't need alot of money, just time and dedication. I've met many indie developers who put the time and effort to make great games for their firsts. Even though garbage games make money, you would make a lot more making a decent game that people actually want to play.

Also people remember. If you make a shit game and then try to make a good game later people will remember being burnt by you in the past.

• Like 1

Are you asking how to go about making a small tiny little game with an easy plat to sell to the hunters? 

'Cause tbh I'm not really sure what's stopping me from taking some of my little Game Maker projects I do for fun here and there onto the store and cashing in on the trophy whores either. Lately I've been toying with a Doom / Duke 3D style shooter to satisfy my itch after finishing the new Doom and realistically, it works, it's functional, moreso than a lot of stuff I see on PSN, I wonder how I'd go taking it to Sony.

There will be 100 gold trophies and a platinum and to get the lot all you have to do is save your high score as "ASS"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedSkyKing said:

Perhaps, I've never played it so I don't know. All I know is if they decide to release anything now almost no one would buy it.

It was pretty good. But it was a small arcade game and they went from that to No Man's Sky.

I think that perfectly illustrates the mentality of people nowadays. No one wants to build slowly, they all want to be the biggest and the best right away. I mean sometimes it works (like the directors of the Matrix. They went from a small drama called Bound to the Matrix) but most times you realize you bit off more than you can chew. 

I learned in my film classes to save your passion project until you have perfected the craft. If you try to make your passion project before you are ready then it will fail. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...