Tera trophies discussion

TerraTanium

Can’t wait for it this to come out, got the first platinum on Neverwinter on my old account, let’s see if I can do this one too! THE ELIN ARE COMING!

Still need to do thr Neverwinter platinum again on this one, but....alienation and Titanfall are too interesting!

Edited by Valkynberg

Mmmmhhh... I was looking forward to this plat when I saw that list. I haven't played this game in forever (have a founder account on PC but never even reached level 60) so I didn't know how difficult it would be to kill one of those world bosses.

In WoW any world boss is free to tag, so I was expecting these to be the same, but if they die in 1 hit then it doesn't matter either way.

I guess my Elin Lancer will have to wait =(. This will also let me know if they are gonna add more trophies with later patches.

On 23.3.2018 at 2:56 AM, Siziolvec said:

A little reality check for you guys shooting for platinum. I'm going to expand on this.

I've put about 2000 or so hours into the PC working on in game achievements for the laurels and I haven't been able to snag all the world bosses. It's near impossible. Some of them are extremely competitive, spawning only once every 72 hours - you have to be there at the right time by sheer luck or know when the last one is killed so you can camp it at the perfect time. If a level 65 is camping a non-Northern Arun boss, they will one shot it and you'll be waiting another 72 hours, this is explicitly true for the level 55-60 areas that only have 1(maybe 2 channels) and the longer (24-72 hour) respawn times. Additionally, because these are in major areas, most times they'll be killed by a random player questing and not someone going for a trophy. The easiest way to get a kill is to wait at the spawn and spam server refresh into the game after a server reset.

If this requires a multiple amount of world bosses using the original (PC) respawn system, this will be an really rough plat, and an easy 95%. If it only requires one in a region, it'll be easy.

Is the enemy/boss system like in oldschool World of Warcraft? You hit the boss and he's locked for you/your group or is it possible for everyone in this area to participate in the fight and to get the kill like nowadays in WoW or in Guild Wars 2 Open World Bosses?

8 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

Is the enemy/boss system like in oldschool World of Warcraft? You hit the boss and he's locked for you/your group or is it possible for everyone in this area to participate in the fight and to get the kill like nowadays in WoW or in Guild Wars 2 Open World Bosses?

See, I don't know, but I think it's whatever person or group hits first gets credit. I know you can form a raid of 20 for the northern arun bosses (lvl 65s, highest level world bosses - but not part of the trophies?) and get credit. So maybe that passes on to the lesser levelled other ones.

I know I've gotten credit for a 58 boss at 65 in my party without touching the boss. We grouped at the site, and someone else got first touch and instant-killed it. Still counted...

there's a lot of questions, but the good news is someone already got the Arun one.