Now available but....

Platypuschow

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I played a crapton of this game back when it came out and was thinking of coming back to it now :D Would you recommend it? I heart that alongside FF14 and WOW it is the best MMO out there and the ps4 joystick seems like a perfect fit for it :D Also is there any DLC? paid I mean :D

@Johnathan994While you might enjoy the game itself, I couldn’t let you mention Tera alongside Ff14 or WoW. Both are far superior games. I don’t want to come off rude, but please....just no <3 

There are still only a few MMORPGS that come to mind that would handle well with a controller, and oddly enough Tera does come to mind. The way they handled the combo system and action bar was well done. 

Asof now there isn’t any paid DLC, but there is Elite Status, which gives you a bunch of extra benefits, but mainly it gives you a 100% experience boost! Along with a item store for a rather wide range of stuff you can buy for your character ( mainly cosmetics). 

As I’ve played a lot of the more popular Mmorpgs and even some of the lesser known ones ( looking at you Darkfall Unholy wars and Atlantica Online), I find it hard to recommend this game to anyone, even if it is free. For console, I’d really recommend trying Neverwinter over TERA. Holding both the platinums, I can honestly say I enjoyed Neverwinter a lot more, enough to even play it on my PC from time to time still!

9 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

Hey guys,

I played a crapton of this game back when it came out and was thinking of coming back to it now :D Would you recommend it? I heart that alongside FF14 and WOW it is the best MMO out there and the ps4 joystick seems like a perfect fit for it :D Also is there any DLC? paid I mean :D

Sorry dude, this review I found pretty accurate. 

https://www.trueachievements.com/n32083/tera-review

Tera is certainly more pleasant to look at than say Neverwinter, it's got varied colorful characters and zones. Neverwinter is so bland and boring. 

The action combat is fun and the loot for characters reminds me of Diablo.

Other than that it's pretty dated for it's time, but overall a decent plat to go for while being less grindy than other MMO's out there. 

I certainly did find the controller fun to use instead of a keyboard and mouse. 

Recommended for trophy hunters on this game because it's less time to achieve. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2