online play, where is everybody?

matso1987

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2018 at 5:02 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, go through the Labyrinth of Chaos, it's the fastest way to level up.

I had someone help me grind out to level 99 with the Infernal Dragon. He'd just reload his save after we beat it, so you wouldn't have to grab the talismans again. And we'd fight it over and over and that amounted to leveling up once per battle twice in a row, then two battles for one level. And that pattern up until about 97 where it took about 2 battles per level. Each battle ended in 27 seconds to a minute due to his NPCs. Got from 90 to 99 in about an hour.

Not sure how he was reloading his saves, because it felt like he was taking a lot longer than I feel it should take. But he was on PS3, it might perform/load up way slower than PS4 it's been too long since I played on PS3 to remember and I played Vita more than PS3 even then. But I feel like that was way faster than grinding normally. Obviously requires another person.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I had someone help me grind out to level 99 with the Infernal Dragon. He'd just reload his save after we beat it, so you wouldn't have to grab the talismans again. And we'd fight it over and over and that amounted to leveling up once per battle twice in a row, then two battles for one level. And that pattern up until about 97 where it took about 2 battles per level. Each battle ended in 27 seconds to a minute due to his NPCs. Got from 90 to 99 in about an hour.

Not sure how he was reloading his saves, because it felt like he was taking a lot longer than I feel it should take. But he was on PS3, it might perform/load up way slower than PS4 it's been too long since I played on PS3 to remember and I played Vita more than PS3 even then. But I feel like that was way faster than grinding normally. Obviously requires another person.

That's certainly a good way to level up, but the OP mentioned that other players couldn't be found so don't know how useful that will be to him/her.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's certainly a good way to level up, but the OP mentioned that other players couldn't be found so don't know how useful that will be to him/her.

From how he worded it, it sounded like he was trying to connect randomly through the ingame matchmaking. Just figured I'd put it out there anyway in case others pop into the thread with a similar problem. It'll probably always be more reliable to find someone outside the game.

I could find randoms fairly consistently. Which will surely be a temporary thing due to Pro's release. I think on top of that though the online is a bit wonky. I couldn't find my friend's room at one point without signing out of the online and back in. And other times I'd get consistent time outs on matchmaking, but signing out and back in usually resulted in actually connecting properly. So just did that after every town visit and it worked better for me to find players randomly.

• 5 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 7:37 AM, Elvick_ said:

It sounds to me like he had the save backed up and was just re-downloading it?

Also, I'm glad I played this on PS+ originally. Even Pro didn't seem to revive it very much.

Alsoalso, there's a region setting in options or whatever. Might be better to put it on global vs local or whatever.

1 hour ago, mako-heart said:

It sounds to me like he had the save backed up and was just re-downloading it?

Also, I'm glad I played this on PS+ originally. Even Pro didn't seem to revive it very much.

Alsoalso, there's a region setting in options or whatever. Might be better to put it on global vs local or whatever.

Yeah he had it backed up. Not sure how he was going about backing it up, but it worked out for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The online is far from deserted. 
You must set your party slots to JOINABLE and don't add any NPC characters to your party. Go to the stables and wait.. but I've had more luck of people joining mid-mission. 

Edited by DaivRules
No boosting requests in this thread

Hello guys,

I bought the Pro version on PS4 and downloaded my save from PS3 through Wamillaware's server.

I tried to play with a friend who did the same but we could not play online together nor join a random room "could not find connection".

When  we try with a new save there is no issue at all we can see each other on the Stables but not with our old saves.

has anyone experience that and fpund a solution. We don't really want to have to do the 70 hours + to get to level 99.

Cheers!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/4/2018 at 8:41 AM, matso1987 said:

i can see a lot of people play this game, but i cant find anyone when i go online!!

whats the deal?

It's easier to organize sessions with players than to find other users playing, although not impossible. My advice would be to create a session using the site tools. There's plenty warriors willing to help!

On 30/3/2019 at 0:44 PM, ViewtifulArt said:

Hello guys,

I bought the Pro version on PS4 and downloaded my save from PS3 through Wamillaware's server.

I tried to play with a friend who did the same but we could not play online together nor join a random room "could not find connection".

When  we try with a new save there is no issue at all we can see each other on the Stables but not with our old saves.

has anyone experience that and fpund a solution. We don't really want to have to do the 70 hours + to get to level 99.

Cheers!!!

I have the Vita an Pro versions of the game. It takes a while to pair friends, and also, the difficulty is involved in order to play. You can't have an user on Normal trying to play on Infernal (to phrase it some way), so make sure to go to the Chapel and change the difficulty to something both of you have available. I'm doing this with my friends everytime we co-op.

On 25/3/2019 at 0:07 PM, LiniRayDiddley said:

The online is far from deserted. 
You must set your party slots to JOINABLE and don't add any NPC characters to your party. Go to the stables and wait.. but I've had more luck of people joining mid-mission.

This is true, it's more common to have other players join mid-mission, or sometimes a few seconds after starting.

Thank you for your detailed answer Folkenio.

Yes, I made sure me and my friend were playing on the same diffculty and put the region to "local" to increase the odds of pairing. I am not sure however of the JOINABLE slots setting. I will have a look later today.

My questions are: did you import your saved data from your PS Vita to PS4? Is online co-op working well for you?

• 3 years later...
39 minutes ago, ChouShirakawa said:

Hello everyone. I still have that game on my PS3, and I like to know if the servers are still up, for PS3 I mean, since I read online is a massive help for many trophies.

I played on Vita last month and was able to connect online, but couldnt find any players in inferno difficulty. I tried only on two different days so not much of sample size. 

Wasnt vita and ps3 versions compatible?