Removed from PSN?

mako-heart

46 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

I was just looking through my wishlist and noticed there is no option to buy this anymore.

Seriously, no loss. It's not a good game by any means. Extremely poor controls, and pretty much nothing to do. This is coming from someone who loves Katamari.

• Like 1

The game didn't really look that good but it would have been nice if the developers mentioned the game was being delisted to nice everyone a head up but oh well. Quick question if someone plays a game that is no longer possible to purchase like this game or another game after a certain time would that result in a flag.        

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Seriously, no loss. It's not a good game by any means. Extremely poor controls, and pretty much nothing to do. This is coming from someone who loves Katamari.

Haha agreed, I like a lot of "out there" games and even Noby Noby Boy was too weird for me. Played like a really weird tech demo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

The game didn't really look that good but it would have been nice if the developers mentioned the game was being delisted to nice everyone a head up but oh well. Quick question if someone plays a game that is no longer possible to purchase like this game or another game after a certain time would that result in a flag.        

Of course not. I have the game so I can still play it. I can have my partner put their account on my PlayStation and they can play it and get trophies as well. Even though it's delisted, there are still legitimate ways to get it (i.e. 1000 top rated)

10 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Of course not. I have the game so I can still play it. I can have my partner put their account on my PlayStation and they can play it and get trophies as well. Even though it's delisted, there are still legitimate ways to get it (i.e. 1000 top rated)

ok good to know wasn't 100 percent sure but what if someone takes a risk and game shares with sometime for a really old game like for example TURTLES IN TIME RE-SHELLED will get banned from psnp for game sharing.    

7 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

ok good to know wasn't 100 percent sure but what if someone takes a risk and game shares with sometime for a really old game like for example TURTLES IN TIME RE-SHELLED will get banned from psnp for game sharing.    

Sony allows games to be shared across accounts on a system, so you won't get banned for that. For example, if I had that TURTLES game, but I decided I wanted to make a new account called Kittet4 because I developed a hatred for odd numbers. I could play all my Kittet3 games, including TURTLES, on that account because, well, they are my games and Sony allows that functionality. 

Game sharing is "bad" when you game share with people you don't actually share a system with, but it's only a moral "badness" much like boosting is a moral "badness". Fundamentally no one can prove who you shared your games with and no one really cares. We don't allow advertising game sharing on this site because of the logistics of "you're giving a stranger your full account access and they could break it and we don't want the liability". 

In fact, if you look up that TURTLES game, you'll see people were getting trophies for it only last week :P

If you're interested in what can flag you, here's the official list: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/52663-what-constitutes-a-flag/

• Like 2

Ok great thanks for all the information and for replying so fast Kittet3. Also to get everything back on topic for this form the game also isn't available in the Hong Kong store or New Zealand. I know this because I checked both the stores pages and couldn't find the game so yeah it most likely gone for good     

Edited by dragon11gggg

11 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

When I tried to find info about it being removed, it seems like they finished finding planets in 2015?

Okay, so I looked into it as well because when I first read your comment, I was actually a bit proud that we made it so far. 

Then I read this:

Takahashi chose specific weeks for "Lucky Week", which is a week where each day a random number is chosen and every time the player reports their length, it will be multiplied by that number. The first was from May 11 to May 22, 2009. There were rumors of another one in June as right after Lucky Week finished Keita wrote, "About Lucky week Thanks to everyones effort, GIRL has managed to stretch out a lot!! Still a long way to go in reaching Mars but we will see you in June for the time being!".[15] A "Lucky Weekend" was held on July 4 and 5, 2009 with all lengths multiplied by 99. During the weekend following New Year's Day 2010, the multiplier was 2010. From 2013 to June 2015, the multiplier was 2013. The multiplier was 2015 until Pluto was reached, upon which it became 20015. Every time the multiplier has increased, so too has the success rate of achieving it. On December 14, 2015, the multiplier increased to 2000015, suddenly finishing GIRL's journey.

I feel cheated that the devs gave up and just kept up-ing the multiplier.

I redownloaded the game. There's a (boring) cutscene showing girl's journey and that she made it. You get a nice little letter and there's a new world.

The online is still up (AKA you can still report your length) Apparently girl is now stuck in the earth or something silly.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished this after so many years. In case anyone is wondering: the online leaderboard still works, you can still report your length to girl to make her longer, she's currently at 13 billion meters. If the online ever does eventually get shutdown the trophies won't be affected anyway. Peace...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Really hate it when they de-list stuff like this; especially with no warning.

Like most people, I was looking into games to buy when the PS3 store was going to be shut down, and this was one of them.

Now the store isn’t being shut down anymore, but we can’t buy this game regardless. 

Publishers and developers don’t care about preservation. When it comes to preserving game history, the quality of the game is irrelevant. Unfortunately it’s very difficult to preserve digital only games like this. (At least in a “legal” manner)

Sad times, sad times indeed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/26/2018 at 3:53 AM, dragon11gggg said:

Quick question if someone plays a game that is no longer possible to purchase like this game or another game after a certain time would that result in a flag.        

Why on Earth would that ever be worth a flag? :D

On the top of my head, I could explain that with at least;

- having bought it when it was still available, but installing and playing it after it was delisted
- borrowing someone's account who had bought it when it was available
- bought a download code

Not to mention some games and DLCs are available in other regions while others aren't.

Edited by Antiristus