How do you actually make curry?

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

You shouldn't get it that much. I got it every now and then but for the most part I got what I wanted.

Are you sure you aren't using cursed items?

Not using cursed items. I noticed it actually doesn't let you use cursed ingredients.

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

Not using cursed items. I noticed it actually doesn't let you use cursed ingredients.

sorry it has been awhile since I played this game and if you read my rant on the platinum you will know I didn't like it very much :P

Well the game is full of RNG so I believe there are higher grades of rice so you can try that but basically this game is a bowl of shit curry that just gets shittier the more you eat it.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

sorry it has been awhile since I played this game and if you read my rant on the platinum you will know I didn't like it very much :P

If you read ANYONE'S rant on this game, you'll know that NO ONE likes it...

There seem to be certain curry+rice combinations that work together better than others. Basic curries seem to have a better success rate than things like dark curry, dragon curry, seafood curry, etc.

17 hours ago, eigen-space said:

If you read ANYONE'S rant on this game, you'll know that NO ONE likes it...

Fair enough...but I think if you are going to read a rant...you need to read @TheYuriG 's rant. It is beyond epic.  Also yes it is so long it takes 2 full posts ^_^

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5652044-post10.html

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5664959-post11.html?s=2d8cc8725cd087566e43d1bdde29dced

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Fair enough...but I think if you are going to read a rant...you need to read @TheYuriG 's rant. It is beyond epic.  Also yes it is so long it takes 2 full posts ^_^

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5652044-post10.html

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5664959-post11.html?s=2d8cc8725cd087566e43d1bdde29dced

OMG i read it again after God know how much time and it made me so fucking salty again. Fuck this stupid ass game. This is the sort of game that i'm GLAD there are no stacks for.

15 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

OMG i read it again after God know how much time and it made me so fucking salty again. Fuck this stupid ass game. This is the sort of game that i'm GLAD there are no stacks for.

I love that rant :P

I was playing through the game getting pissed off at having my +40 weapon eaten and I was going on the difficulty thread to see if anyone else had this problem. I then came across your post and was like "lol, I know that guy" and every single thing you talked about was completely accurate :D

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I love that rant :P

I was playing through the game getting pissed off at having my +40 weapon eaten and I was going on the difficulty thread to see if anyone else had this problem. I then came across your post and was like "lol, I know that guy" and every single thing you talked about was completely accurate :D

Had some serious flashbacks of getting torched by a phoenix in a long corridor just now. 100% salty.

• Like 1

I haven't had as many problems as TheYuriG. But I've started seeing that those Phoenix's can actually shoot through walls (at least in the Sky Palace). Yeah, they're pretty annoying even outside of long corridors.

As for the curry, I've started just save scumming it. Bring the ingredients, make the curry first thing, and if it fails reload the game. I just tried to make Star Curry, got an epic fail (7/100), and it still made the Star Curry. So I guess it really is totally random and the number means nothing. From now on I'm not going to bother making curry in the dungeons, the ingredients just take up inventory space.