[POLL] The PSNProfiles Super Hero League

Mr_MovieMan29

Create your Character  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your power?

• Super Strength - Muscles are extremely powerful and can withtake huge amounts of damage. Think, The Hulk. Includes things like super jump and other abilities involving awesome strength.
    • Super Speed/Hyper senses - Your senses heighten, and you have the ability to move with extreme speed and things move as in slo motion.
    • Cole McGrath - Electricity baby! Cannot operate machinery, just like in the game, but you have no fall damage and any powers given throughout the game apply
    • Extreme Martial Arts - Every fighting ability is perfectly known/ and you are in perfect shape. Pretty much the definition of a "super-human" without any enviroment changing abilities. Another sweet perk I will throw in, wolverine like regenera...
    • Mr. Fantastic/Plastic Man flexibility - May sound lame, but is actually really useful and sweet. Bullets cause no harm, as you are made of rubber. Really, just imagine whatever rubber can do, you can do.
    • Fire control - Typical fire bending with added ability to turn into a human rocket
    • Telekinesis - think of a gravity gun....in the mind. May be able to pass through simple structures, like a brick wall
    • Kirby Power - Absorb anothers power.....and weaknesses for a limited time
    • Acid Spray - Super powerful corrosion acids that can come from your hands, or any orfice you wish, can dissinigrate most things
    • Spirit animal - Summon an animal's capabilities, ie: spider-man except you can switch between organism
    • Size increase and decrease - Godzilla or SuperMite, you have the ability of both
    • Biological Manipulation - Control nature like an Auqaman with the sea, but with any ecosystem
    • Weather Manipulation - Pretty much just like Storm from the X-men.
    • Invisible - Only detectable by your body heat and noise, controlled at will
    • Explosion! - Explode like dynamite and reform again. Detroys most things
    • Freeze vision- Can freeze people like Medusa without turning them into stone
    • Omni-Linguism - Can communicate with anything, not limited to humans
    • Super Brain - Way beyond genius, can figure out nearly anything
    • Technopathy - ability to assemble machines with your mind, like entering in a cheat code for a vehicle on GTA
    • Possession - Like Fettel off FEAR, you can pop into someone else, or thing, and control it.
  2. 2. What power would your sidekick's ability be? (Note that most of these will be extremely lame...as they are supposed to be)

• No sidekick.....I work alone
    • Flight - Kind of like a slower personal jet
    • Camoflage
    • Sonic Scream - can cause destruction with his/her voice
    • Night Vision
    • X-Ray Vision
    • Super Engineer - capable of building many things
    • Power Augmentation - Can enhance or weaken the powers of others (could really help you, or turn on you)
    • Chi - Sort of like having Bruce Lee for a sidekick
    • Superhuman sense - all 5 senses, amplified
    • Waterbreathing - has the blue tunic from Legen of Zelda
    • Empathy - can sense the emotions of anything, animals included. Can tell if someone is lying
    • Super Memory - like Batman's
    • Telepathy - can communicate with you mentally
    • Shaun from "Psych" - has the ability to track anything and notice unusual things in the enviroment
    • Resurrection - will come back to life if dead, unless under special conditions, like being frozen or in an uninhabitable enviroment, like space
    • Ability to create a small force field, 8 feet in diameter for several minutes, capable of holding 2, must recharge for at least an hour afterwards.
    • Liquification - ability to turn into a liquid
  3. 3. What is your sidekick?

• Do not have one.
    • Male: age 0-14
    • Male: age 15-21
    • Male: age 22-35
    • Male: 36+
    • Female: age 0-14
    • Female: age 15-21
    • Female: age 22-35
    • Female: age 36+
    • Not human, but of a different species or race.
    • Monkey

In this poll, choose what you would have as your power. I have put some thought into this and have banned some powers as I feel they have logical paradoxes or conundrums behind them. I will list 3 of the reasons or rules why some cannot be included. 

• Disobeying known Laws of Nature - A common example of this is time travel. If you travel time as a power, with not restrictions, you can easily cause paradoxes. Such as if you went back to 1999 and decided to kill Steven Jobs. (No prejudice against Steven Jobs, just an example of a world and culture changing person.) If you went back in time to kill Steven Jobs, then Steven Jobs would of never existed in the first place, therefore causing no reason to go back in time and would change the history of the universe, which cannot be altered as that would involve space-time manipulation. (You cannot shrink the universe back and change its course, that involves way too many infinite impossibilities to follow the Laws of Physics.) Why this breaks the Laws of Nature: Time Travel breaks the law that everything an effect, must have a cause. A cause cannot happen without an effect, causes before effects cause paradoxes. Other examples: Time-stop (NOT freeze time, they are two different things), ability to tell future, etc.

• Giving the possibility of omnipotence - By what I know of comics, it is pretty common and a must that superheroes/heroines or villains must have SOME sort of weakness to prohibit them from completely ruling everything. An example of this is mass manipulation or the ability to destroy matter. If a hero or villain could easily destroy anything with no effort whatsoever, what stops him/her to destroy any opposition. Limits are nonexistent, and therefore gives to ability to control anything by destroying everything. Other examples: god powers, some forms of invulnerability, etc.

• Prevents the user from being captured - An example, teleportation. Teleportation could arguably break the first law anyway, but is a great example for this rule. I think this should be obvious, but if there is no threat of being caught, why be a mysterious masked super-hero? There are examples like Cole-McGrath, who are open about their identity, but even he has to worry about being caught. It may be just my opinion, but I think a powered person has to have some threat of being captured to keep them on their toes. Other examples: time travel, future telling, etc.

My logic may not be perfect, some may disagree, but I just wanted to create this forum game to see what people wish they could do. The rules are just here to try and prevent everybody from picking the exact same answer. If you have any other rules you would like to add, just post them, and the same for any other super power. Please vote, and feel free to post your opinions and such. Enjoy imagining your super hero self. :yay:

Oh, and if you would, please put your super hero/heroine/villain name, your weakness, and describe your costume if you want. :awesome: 

If you want to add anything about your character, go ahead. Maybe even a preview of your first comic book.

Edited by Mr_MovieMan29
  • Like 2

I picked a the power of Possession, with a monkey sidekick that has the power of Chi. Which is overall just bad-ass. My costume would be a normal, blended in look. So I would be indistinguishable. My name would be a classic Russian name, yet to be determined.

More coming soon, maybe.

i picked the Cole McGrath .  and a resurrect-able monkey sidekick because dragon ball z taught me just how powerful monkeys can be.

Yes! That is an awesome one indeed. Dragon Ball Z is why I picked a monkey with a super martial arts ability

• Like 1

Power: Extreme Martial Arts.

Power of Sidekick: Shaun from "Psych"

What is your sidekick?: Male age 0-14/ prolli a little 12 years old boy to tell me where the bad guys are...

name: Bim Bam Boom...I kid..... :lol: , real name: Monori 

Personality : Chill  :pimp:

Costume: black attire with a hood and a badass ninja sword  :yay:

come at me villains :awesome:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Ability: Super Speed/Hyper Senses

Partner: Female, Age 15-21 with resurrection ability

Also...

• Disobeying known Laws of Nature - A common example of this is time travel. If you travel time as a power, with not restrictions, you can easily cause paradoxes. Such as if you went back to 1999 and decided to kill Steven Jobs. (No prejudice against Steven Jobs, just an example of a world and culture changing person.) If you went back in time to kill Steven Jobs, then Steven Jobs would of never existed in the first place, therefore causing no reason to go back in time and would change the history of the universe, which cannot be altered as that would involve space-time manipulation. (You cannot shrink the universe back and change its course, that involves way too many infinite impossibilities to follow the Laws of Physics.) Why this breaks the Laws of Nature: Time Travel breaks the law that everything an effect, must have a cause. A cause cannot happen without an effect, causes before effects cause paradoxes. Other examples: Time-stop (NOT freeze time, they are two different things), ability to tell the future, etc.

...What about the multiverse theory?

• Like 2

Power: Biological Manipulation (I choose it cause there is no Liquid Manipulation) I want the power to control anything that has a liquid inside it or is a object in liquid state, so basically think of it as blood bending from Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which is why i choose Biological since i can control human movement and humans are part of Nature) and also since i control liquid that means i can control the water pressure (so make the water pressure as deadly as if you went to the abyss in the ocean, This would only work if you were surrounded and inside my water prision or better yet a Gasoline prision since Gasoline is also a liquid)

No Sidekick

Also...

...What about the multiverse theory?

For the hypothetical sake of this forum, I just decided to include the standard consensus that our universe is all that we have control of. I just wanted to see what powers people wanted to have, and rule number 1 makes it a bit more diverse. Otherwise, we all might be picking the same basic 2 or three, if that makes sense. You are correct, though. The multiverse theory contradicts rule number 1.