Special Editions Revealed

Parker

Unfortunately I'll be avoiding RDR2 like the plague, until such times I can pick up a goty with all content, and even then it'll be in a deep sale...or I might just let it pass by altogether, pretty disgusted with the cash grabbing.  You really gotta love collectors editions that don't come with the game, walled off content, micros and cheap tat, oh the joy...

Bring back Gun!

Big surprise paying for a more expensive version of the game comes with more content.  Rockstar is one of the biggest profiteers of pay to win and micro transaction in gaming history.  All these companies today are trying to mimic rockstars success with Shark cards.  Rock star is a pioneer in maximizing profits.  I think the game is going to play and feel just like GTAV only in a Western setting.  I will get this game but I won't pay full price and get it on pre-order or day 1.    If the special editions have a trophy tied to them I will not buy the game until the special editions are on sale as cheap or cheaper than the regular edition.  Plenty of games coming out this fall to keep one occupied.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

If the special editions have a trophy tied to them I will not buy the game until the special editions are on sale as cheap or cheaper than the regular edition.

Oh God, I didn't even think about this. If this happens to be true, that would just be so unacceptable. I don't know if Sony would allow that though...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Oh God, I didn't even think about this. If this happens to be true, that would just be so unacceptable. I don't know if Sony would allow that though...

Probably they wouldn't allow that.  However, considering the special editions are actually coming with additional missions I'm going to wait and see to be sure.  

• Like 1

Just now, steel6burgh said:

Probably they wouldn't allow that.  However, considering the special editions are actually coming with additional missions I'm going to wait and see to be sure.  

Yea, considering how fast the correction was for Life is Strange: Before the Storm when the farewell episode had a trophy associated with the plat. If they did it with DLC, it might be considered ok. Here's to hoping though...

Seriously everyone bitching about the special editions coming with an extra mission do realize that this kinda stuff happens all the time? All kinds of games have extra single player missions if you preorder or buy a deluxe edition. This is nothing new and never effects a games trophies or enjoyment. Y'all get WAY to bent out of shape over the dumbest stuff.