Harder Than Unravel

FranciRoosters

Hi, I've played with Unravel 2 for a while to safely say that I think the game is objectively harder and each level is waaaaay longer. I think the plat is going to be very hard to achieve, mainly because of the gold medals in each level. For how long all levels are, some gold medals seem almost impossible to achieve. I don't know if playing co-op makes a difference, but it seems that if you play solo you are at a disadvantage. Also, I've noticed that the bonus levels are quite a lot and that you have to beat them all in one go under 45 minutes. From a first look, it seems this Unravel seems to be way less forgiving than the first one. I don't know. Thoughts?

Looks like Coldwood changed up some of the mechanics that were in the first game.

Are the gold medals given for beating a level within a certain time limit?

This definitely sounds like the Dead Space 3 approach EA forced on Viscereal Games, when they made the series a co-op adventure. I'm not sure how Unravel 2 is, only seen some game footage but from what you're making it out to be I will probably wait for a trophy guide to come out before I decide if I will ever buy it.

It's ultra impossible to beat gold time alone. My fastest time in Hideaway is 14:05... Dont have coop online, only local. 

My friend Pound_Of_Life89 nd mrmike4 played coop and it's the same difficulty, they did around 14min too. Probably one of th hardest platinum released in this generation to do it alone. 

Edited by LMO_DarkBiG_BR
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, conkervertex said:

I've done it at least 30 times, about 12 of them were perfect. Still, my best is 13:43. I've tried watching videos, everything. 

Could you upload a video of your method? It could really help me.

Thanks!

I did it the same as people on youtube. Maybe we could do share play so i could watch u where u need to improve. Send me a friend request saying unravel 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 8:32 PM, conkervertex said:

I've done it at least 30 times, about 12 of them were perfect. Still, my best is 13:43. I've tried watching videos, everything. 

Could you upload a video of your method? It could really help me.

Thanks!

Took me about that many or maybe more tries to beat that level lol. I was so so tired of seeing that beginning cut scene.  I saved my run and will probably upload it soon. It was far from perfect and managed to beat the time just barely, so I can link you the video if you'd like. It wont be any different than anyone else on youtube (how much variation can there be really), but it might help! I checked out various videos to see how each section was done as sometimes they varied, and tried to combine the most efficient methods for myself.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:43 AM, SectionHUN said:

Unravel was a much better game at every aspects. This is just pure shit. The same guy did make this game but with a whole different team. Every 'puzzle' is the same but can we call them puzzles? The answer is a clear no. Boring level design, boring game. 

i do agree i enjoyed the first one more, mainly because i hate speed run trophies lol but i enjoyed the shorter, right to the point and varied levels of the first one. these 15 minute levels are so can feel really dragged on and a nightmare for speedrunning (for me...)

• 1 month later...

OK, so here's why the speedrun trophies suck:

• gold times are incredibly tight - you have to be perfect and even a small mistake can force you to restart
  • you have to develop speedrunner mentality - you have to use tricks that you're never teached how to do them and know when and how to move when camera pans away from your characters
  • you're given no clues that are mandatory to know how well your run goes - you can't see timer, you can't skip cutscenes (why couldn't they give you a "speedrun" mode where all cutscenes are absent?); hell, you even don't know if pausing the game stops the timer

This is the first time I've ever seen something like this in a video game. I beat Hideaway gold time with great suffering and I thought it must be much easier from now on, then I found myself repeating Little Frogs (the shortest level) over and over again...

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

• 11 months later...