E3 2018: Team Sonic Racing - E3 Trailer

TugaSonic

Enjoyed Sonic & Sega All-Stars a lot. Couldn't get into Sonic Racing Transformed due to the crazy difficulty, but when I got the hang of it, it was good. Here's hoping this one's much better than the previous 2. I will get this one, but I'll wait until much after its release to do so; unless I can find a copy online for dirt cheap.

I hate saying this since I loved sonic and sega all stars racing transformed, but this game looks so passable... They removed a LOT of characters, they removed the transforming ability (which made the last game stand out from other Kart racers) and the tracks look like they don't have any life to them... This looks more like a prequel to sonic and sega all stars racing than a sequel to sonic and sega all stars racing transformed :(

Edited by bpmotard

9 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

I hate saying this since I loved sonic and sega all stars racing transformed, but this game looks so passable... They removed a LOT of characters, they removed the transforming ability (which made the last game stand out from other Kart racers) and the tracks look like they don't have any life to them... This looks more like a prequel to sonic and sega all stars racing than a sequel to sonic and sega all stars racing transformed :(

From what I remember when SEGA first announced they were making a new racing game they did specify that it wasn't a sequel to the previous ones. Guess they were planning to do a stripped down version from the start.

1 minute ago, TugaSonic said:

From what I remember when SEGA first announced they were making a new racing game they did specify that it wasn't a sequel to the previous ones. Guess they were planning to do a stripped down version from the start.

Yes, I've read that as well. The only thing I do not understand is why they dropped the transformation element. Also, all vehicles look so similar to each other, in the 1st game at least you had different vehicles per character but now we only have cars (which are customizable, but we'll see more about this in the future or in some gameplay footage from E3)