Platinum difficulty?

TomiA-

21 hours ago, TomiA- said:

I've heard it's a tough one, but is really that hard?.  Very time consuming?

For most of the trophies, the game is pretty simple. That being said, the gold trophies are what's extremely time consuming and they ask that you play and master the game quite a lot. Those gold trophies require you to get many, many first place wins in ranked multiplayer which pits you against equally skilled players. It also requires you go get pole position (first place) pre-race warmup times when matched with other players. It's pretty tough, though some have slightly less trouble than others because maybe factors like skill and luck.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

As BlindMango said, the game is very time consuming (I'm dreading getting to lvl 50, for example) and the online part is very skill based.

However, as you are matched against people with the same level, if you "tank" your results to get demoted, you will rack up wins and poles very fast. I'm naturally good (but not excellent) in racing games, so I won the pole on my first race, started and finished second on my second one, and won from pole me third. With those results, I was put in a higher tier and I was starting 9th and finishing 6th and crappy results like that, until I got in a quarrel with a dude and our next 2 races turned in a demolition derby, getting us demoted to lower tiers fast.

I stopped playing for the day and returned the next day, and dude, I was owning the competition, the combination of my unintentional sandbagging and being lucky with the car and track choices for two days straight put me way ahead than I should be if I kept in my "correct" skill bracket. I had 21 wins and 15 poles with 54 completed races, but for the last 20, I got only 1 pole and 1 win, but I'm constantly finishing in other high places, so I will not get demoted so soon.

I have no intention in sandbagging again because as I said, the road to the lvl 50 is way to long (more than 4 million XP, when a win nets you about 1000XP if you do everything clean), but it's a way if you are stuck with victories. However, if you are hopeless in more simulation style racing games and you don't want to invest a long time to get good at it, I suggest that you pass this game.

• Like 2

I am seeing that over 400 people have the Platinum. It should be many more, because not everyone is registered on trophy sites. That means it's not an impossible plat.

I recently got back into it, and plan to put a lot of time in during vacation to see if i have a realistic chance at the poles and wins trophies.

I too am good, not great, but aspire to be great. 

I bought this game day one and got all the way to level 42. I really do want this platinum, so i'll give it a go.

I think it's possible. The question more is: is it worth the time?

Just started and got my first two pole positions and my first win. You could try this: try to get 1 win and 1 pole every day. After 90-100 days you should have the trophy.

I have only lvl 50 left to plat,currently on lvl 43 it's a long road.  The hardest of course is the 91 wins and 65 poles. I just slowly chipped away at them, of course a lot of skill and luck is required.

Overall though GT5 was wayyy harder

• 1 month later...

Road tot level 50 is a horrible grind. In the early months this game was out it was easy to get alot of XP and many tricks/glitches where possible to recieve huge amount of XP with little effort (read over 8k+ XP for a single match!!!).

But they have nerfed these XP gaines and fixed the glitches and since then....it will take allot of time to plat. You should be happy if you even get over 1k XP nowadays per match....

When i started playing this game, some glitches/tricks (pitbox on nurburgring) where still in place. Even when ive finished everything else im still stuck on level 43...

Just wished i played this game a few months earlier, i bet i would have reached the level 50 mark with ease.

For now, i dont think the number of players having Platinum will raise that much due to all the "changes" (read XP nerfs). And Blue Moon Bay grind with KTM is boring as hell..

Edited by Tijgertje84
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

The biggest hurdle I had to getting to Platinum was the getting to level 50 trophy, very time consuming as the levelling up is exponential. I had done everything the game had to offer, and even though I enjoy the online racing with other players, the XP available there is too low, so I resorted to the race in the offline mode that gave the most XP per hour and did that on repeat.

• Like 1