Compared to Heavy Rain

JoocyMan

11 hours ago, Darky-Ced said:

I liked Heavy Rain very much but i had no fun playing Beyond two souls.

In heavy rain you go where you want, do what you want to achieve your abjective or not (if you die) 

In beyound you have one fucking path. You do what the game want you to do and i felt zero freedom. When i wanted to leave someone, my character turned back. When i wanted to explore the map my character turned back. 

I really hope DBH's more like HR than BTS. If it's not i would have spent 30 bucks in the trash

Oh DBH is the best of the trio believe me.

Haven't played beyond but It's way better than heavy rain and it's coming from someone who loves HR. The characters are great, the story has good pace and it gives you a lot of freedom to experiment. Also there is no right or wrong. There is no good side or bad side. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong. I think QD has to put a lot of effort in their next game to top DBH.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Nope, no, definitely not. 

Yep, absolutely, no question. 

Plot, characters, graphics, animation, impact of choices... Simply everything about Beyond I personally found superior. Heavy Rain bored me and the trophies were more aggravating. 

To OP: try Until Dawn if you havrnt already. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:15 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Yep, absolutely, no question. 

Plot, characters, graphics, animation, impact of choices... Simply everything about Beyond I personally found superior. Heavy Rain bored me and the trophies were more aggravating. 

To OP: try Until Dawn if you havrnt already. 

You're literally the only one that thinks that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy Rain is the best out of this three games. In Detroit Marcus and Connor have more freedom of choices, but Kara path is pre-written. 
You have to be with Alice (like it or not).And have to be nice to her. You have to agree that Luther goes with you... that was most annoying. Lack of choice during her path.

Edited by Reunion33

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just finished the platinum in Detroit: Become Human and the game is amazing. It's the first time I really, really liked one of these kind of games, usually the lack of impact of the choices bothers me, and that you're forced of to make choices you don't want to. In Detroit I pretty much didn't experience that at all. Telltale's Batman games are pretty cool though despite that though.

I see a lot of praise for Heavy Rain here, but honestly... I hate it. Mostly because of these two reasons:
1. The plot twist. I don't mind twists that much, but it sure as hell shouldn't involve one of the playable characters. When I play these kind of games I enter a role of the character, try to see their motivations and make the best choices from their point of view, but when it's revealed that one of the characters turns out to be a completely different person it just makes me angry. I mean, if I knew

Spoiler

he was the killer, I would be focused on covering up his crimes.

2. Related to the same character. I realized this when I was playing through the last chapters after completion to get different endings. From what I remember,

Spoiler

he was regretful of his crimes, but when I made different choices with other characters, Scott suddenly transforms into a cliché movie villain that you're fighting.

The character is just so freaking inconsistent and poorly written. It ruins the game.

--

Back to Detroit: Become Human. I think the story is awesome. If I were a few years younger I would probably have enjoyed Marcus storyline the most, I used to like that kind of moral choices, it was a bit like X-men. Now however, I loved Kara and her storyline, it was really sweet. It's actually rare that I prefer a female character. Unfortunately, she was the only one I got a bad ending with during the first playthrough since I

Spoiler

chose to start a revolution with Marcus, which understandably killed the public opinion towards androids.

Edited by LankyKong
  • Like 1

I enjoyed Detroit more than Heavy Rain because I found the characters and story to be better written. Heavy Rain also has so many awkward moments, whereas Detroit never seemed to have any moments like that. I also found the pacing to be a lot better with Detroit. I still find Heavy Rain to be an enjoyable game.

• Like 3

Just finished Detroit as well and I also agree, that it's much better than heavy rain. I kinda liked heavy rain, but it wasn't as smooth as Detroit was. Like mentioned before in Heavy Rain everything that happens seems to be forced. There are different ways to play the game and decisions have an impact, but you constantly feel like you've been screwed over and exactly the opposit of what you're trying to achieve then happens.

Detroit is much more consistent. Sure sometimes things happen that you didn't expect or couldn't predict, but in the end i'm happy with how it went down and i felt comfortable with just doing what felt right at the moment. No matter what kind of decisons i made during the playthroughs it never felt odd and there always was something to do that i could relate to.

Heavy rain often pushed me to do something i didn't like because there was no reasonable alternative...

Edited by Skargarim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me:

1 - Detroit

2 - Beyond

3 - Heavy Rain

But I'm much more drawn to sci-fi and supernatural themes so that might be a factor. Heavy Rain was good but it dragged on a bit and I only played through once. Detroit I played through 3+ times, and B2S twice, and I fully enjoyed exploring the different story branches and endings.

• Like 1