Trophy lists changing

Eshaal

Yo. Wondered if anyone has come across the following? Trophy lists changing!

I bought 2 games, Vesta and Blue Rider. Both have Platinum trophies according to the respective guides, but then when I played the games I noticed that the Platinum were no more, and the trophies were bronze with around 310 points max in each game. There is also a 3rd game I downloaded (cannot remember the name but was free to download from NA like Mindcraft) but it had a Platinum, but when I played the game, there were no trophies at all!

Not sure what is going on and why the trophy lists have changed? Any ideas? Side note, I am based in UK, and downloaded NA versions of the games. Never seen this problem before (on the same platform/release).

3 minutes ago, Eshaal said:

Yo. Wondered if anyone has come across the following? Trophy lists changing!

I bought 2 games, Vesta and Blue Rider. Both have Platinum trophies according to the respective guides, but then when I played the games I noticed that the Platinum were no more, and the trophies were bronze with around 310 points max in each game. There is also a 3rd game I downloaded (cannot remember the name but was free to download from NA like Mindcraft) but it had a Platinum, but when I played the game, there were no trophies at all!

Not sure what is going on and why the trophy lists have changed? Any ideas? Side note, I am based in UK, and downloaded NA versions of the games. Never seen this problem before (on the same platform/release).

Looking at blue rider in the games list, it has a platinum for the japanese and asian versions and only a small set for the rest of the world.  I guess the others are the same.

Why games have different throphy sets in different regions is probable a marketing decision.

Sometimes there are different lists for different regions, platforms, digital vs physical etc, or only certain versions may have a trophy list.  I looked up the two games you mentioned on this site and it showed a platinum for the Hong Kong list only for Vesta, and for the Asian & Japanese lists only for Blue Rider, so that would be why if you got the NA version for both.

5 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Lists sometimes change slightly, but I don't think they ever removed a trophy from a list ever.

Unless it was a rerelease of a game, like that Red Faction Re-Mastered list, I think it was one trophy in particular that was removed and things were changed around to include the DLC into the main list.

But other than that, yeah, they wouldn't do such a thing as far as I know.

15 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Lists sometimes change slightly, but I don't think they ever removed a trophy from a list ever.

I guess technically they removed the trophy from LiS2 and put it as a DLC iirc. 

Other then that, sometimes requirements may change, sometimes names/icons, etc. But the whole list doesn't get changed

You're right, they seem to retroactively have changed the trophy lists and removed the platinum for Vesta (no idea about the other game, as I don't know it). I had this on my wishlist and as such I recall the EU version having a platinum. That's pretty messed up to be honest.

Edited by voodoo_eyes