Limited Physical Edition.

Vergil

It's interesting to see that they didn't went with VBlank, Fangamer or Iam8bit. I knew that they wouldn't use LRG for any releases, but using Play-Asia? Kinda surprising.

Nonetheless: Bring it on. Finally a PA-release I'm really interested in. :) 

13 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm surprised to see this game receiving a physical edition, especially after it came to PS+.

What has PS+ to do with this? Those limited retail releases are mostly for fans and collectors (and some resellers/scalpers). And after Drinkbox released a retail of Guacamelee STCE via VBlank many hoped and wished that they would bring a retail of Severed, too. 

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

What has PS+ to do with this? Those limited retail releases are mostly for fans and collectors (and some resellers/scalpers). And after Drinkbox released a retail of Guacamelee STCE via VBlank many hoped and wished that they would bring a retail of Severed, too. 

My line of thinking was: game comes to PS+ -> lots of people obtain it -> results in lower sales afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This would be pretty nice, if it wasn't on P-A :/

What's the problem with Play-Asia? I know they tend to be at the upper end of the price range for games when there are also other shops where you can buy those games from. Especially their JP-releases seem to be much more expensive. E.g. I paid the same amount for Project Diva Future Tone DX + shipping + customs on Amazon Japan as compared to the game's price on Play-Asia without shipping 

But their limited releases seem priced rather well plus they offer free basic shipping for them.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

What's the problem with Play-Asia? I know they tend to be at the upper end of the price range for games when there are also other shops where you can buy those games from. Especially their JP-releases seem to be much more expensive. E.g. I paid the same amount for Project Diva Future Tone DX + shipping + customs on Amazon Japan as compared to the game's price on Play-Asia without shipping 

But their limited releases seem priced rather well plus they offer free basic shipping for them.

Oh wait, it's free shipping?

Okay, that's much better xD

My problem is that they killed Airmail shipping. That means triple shipping price now for me :( 

But for free shipping, hmm.. I may be tempted :D 

8 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh wait, it's free shipping?

Okay, that's much better xD

My problem is that they killed Airmail shipping. That means triple shipping price now for me :( 

But for free shipping, hmm.. I may be tempted :D 

They normally offer free shipping for some of their exclusives. And they also advertise free airmail shipping on the product page:

https://www.play-asia.com/severed-limited-edition/13/70c5pb

How did they kill it? Oo If I try to buy something they still give me the option to choose either airmail or airmail + import tax being prepaid, plus the typical UPS and FedEx.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

How did they kill it? Oo If I try to buy something they still give me the option to choose either airmail or airmail + import tax being prepaid, plus the typical UPS and FedEx.

That's economy airmail xD Almost for 10 bucks :awesome: 

They had 5 bucks one, 'without' tracking, without insurance, all of that. Iirc it had a package icon.

And they killed that one :( 

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's economy airmail xD Almost for 10 bucks :awesome: 

They had 5 bucks one, 'without' tracking, without insurance, all of that. Iirc it had a package icon.

And they killed that one :( 

Hmm...

Spoiler

Zx1akFg.png

I would say 10 EUR for an order with a value of ~220 EUR is quite cheap. :hmm:

Guess they won't offer the cheaper shipping options if they had to much trouble with specific countries. I normally see such restrictions for South America or the Middle East, but not for Central Europe, though. :dunno: 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 3:16 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

My line of thinking was: game comes to PS+ -> lots of people obtain it -> results in lower sales afterwards.

You forget alot of PA Exclusives wind up having their own separate trophy lists... this one will most likely have one as well... if not no biggie I have a nice new Limited Edition to add to my collection!

10 minutes ago, PViddy said:

You forget alot of PA Exclusives wind up having their own separate trophy lists... this one will most likely have one as well... if not no biggie I have a nice new Limited Edition to add to my collection!

I don't believe this will have a separate list. I have asked EastAsiasoft several times via twitter and on their discord. Others have also asked and there has been no response (which is odd, they are typically very good about interacting with their fan base).

I interpret the silence in this case to mean no new list will be forthcoming.

Too bad, I would have played it again, was a great game. But as I already own it, I'm not going to repurchase something that will just sit on my shelf.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26.7.2018 at 5:40 PM, diskdocx said:

I don't believe this will have a separate list. I have asked EastAsiasoft several times via twitter and on their discord. Others have also asked and there has been no response (which is odd, they are typically very good about interacting with their fan base).

I interpret the silence in this case to mean no new list will be forthcoming.

Too bad, I would have played it again, was a great game. But as I already own it, I'm not going to repurchase something that will just sit on my shelf.

same here. would have ordered it at play asia with a second list.