Cheap DLC?

Bos10George

Maybe:

1) Look for a Complete Edition. I bought many Retail and 2nd Hand

2) Wait for a prize drop in psn which may happen

3) Using Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations PS3 for example look around the world to get dlc from other regions. In this special case the dlcs were free in Hong Kong and worked at least with EU copies. Keep in mind though that normally the dlc must be of the same region as the base game

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Maybe:

1) Look for a Complete Edition. I bought many Retail and 2nd Hand

2) Wait for a price drop in psn which may happen

3) Using Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations PS3 for example look around the world to get dlc from other regions. In this special case the dlcs were free in Hong Kong and worked at least with EU copies. Keep in mind though that normally the dlc must be of the same region as the base game

Just to add to point 1, I maintain a thread on .org that lists virtually all of the known Complete Editions :)https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/323548-complete-edition-central.html

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I mostly wait for sales or get a GotY edition. Sometimes it can be a looooong waiting game before DLC is on sale *looks at Kingdoms of Amalur*.

I've waited half a year for LBP2 DC Comics DLC to go on sale, bought it but saw it on 50% discount a week later ?

I hope i have better luck with Grid 2's DLC ?

Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

I've waited half a year for LBP2 DC Comics DLC to go on sale, bought it but saw it on 50% discount a week later 1f602.png

I hope i have better luck with Grid 2's DLC 1f600.png

Lol :lol: . I refused to give in and eventually the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC went on sale about 2 years later. Was definitely worth it, as each DLC added about 10 hours of content (when exploring everything and doing all the side quests). I also waited more than a year for the Mirror's Edge DLC, but by the time it went on sale, I didn't care anymore. Still waiting for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol :lol: . I refused to give in and eventually the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC went on sale about 2 years later. Was definitely worth it, as each DLC added about 10 hours of content (when exploring everything and doing all the side quests). I also waited more than a year for the Mirror's Edge DLC, but by the time it went on sale, I didn't care anymore. Still waiting for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC.

You see @Bos10George sometimes patience is the only thing you can do to get dlc cheaper :D

Well done Dragon :yay::) but being a dragon waiting a mere two years isn't that bad now, is it?! :awesome:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I got KOA DLC on sale for super cheap when it went on sale for like less than $2 a pop. Also, if I recall correctly, the DLC for Metal Gear Rising is free in the US, but not sure if this is across the table. So check it out.

13 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I got KOA DLC on sale for super cheap when it went on sale for like less than $2 a pop. Also, if I recall correctly, the DLC for Metal Gear Rising is free in the US, but not sure if this is across the table. So check it out.

Nice, I got it for €5 each, which was 50% off. Sadly, the MGR DLC is only free in US, not in EU. 

2 hours ago, Bos10George said:

I am finally going back for PS3 game trophies and I was thinking about getting the DLC for the 100% but the prices are just unreasonable. $15 for DLC on a 10 year old game on a dead system? Is there some sort of trick to getting cheaper DLC? 

15 bucks for DLC, sounds like COD.

• Like 1

Yeah im currently still waiting on the Dragon Age II DLC to go on sale. We usually get at least 1 sale a year that has old PS3 game DLC on it. Or at the very least I can hope for a BioWare sale. Either way this is probably going to get more rough as time goes on and Sony's support for the PS3 lessens.