Trophy thoughts?

TJ_Solo

After reading through the list it seems like an easy, but long, platinum for people familiar with the Disgaea series. Maxing out gear/stats in order to beat Baal will be the only time consuming trophy but doing so will also net you the damage, item god, and leveling trophies along the way.

I can't wait to put in 100s of more hours into this series. 

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

That's why I don't get RPGs and intend on platinuming them, it looks easy but easy at the cost of a couple hundred hours where I could play and plat 5 other games. I have to really like a game for all that, mostly just the Tales series but I tried Disgea as well and it just felt like forever.

• Like 1

Assuming they didn't change any of the actual gameplay, this will definitely be a long platinum. The first Disgaea is the hardest in terms of powerleveling yourself to the point of being overpowered, with it being a bigger grind than other entries in the series.

A majority of the trophies will be achieved upon going after Baal, though, so you won't likely have anything to clean up after you defeat him. I think getting 10 million damage will also be another problematic trophy.

1 hour ago, Willreaper41 said:

That's why I don't get RPGs and intend on platinuming them, it looks easy but easy at the cost of a couple hundred hours where I could play and plat 5 other games. I have to really like a game for all that, mostly just the Tales series but I tried Disgea as well and it just felt like forever.

The entire series is advertised as being 100s of hours long if you want to complete all the secret bosses. I spent hours doing the same thing on PS2 with Hour of Darkness without there being a trophy system.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2601

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EmperorZetta said:

Very good. I'm assuming you can skip animations now, which will VASTLY speed up progress in this game.

Hopefully they remake Disgaea 2 so we can have a full set of platinums for the series.

Yeah, about flippin' time that the original founderstone of the Disgaea series got its own trophy support! And yes, it is probably going to be the easiest of the Disgaea series to complete, but remember - this was the OP, the ancestor of the entire series, and that means that this game was the one who started the skeleton that Disgaea would clone itself on, it introduces the basics of the gameplay, so there isn't a lot of stuff to do in the game and thus they had to be creative to have enough games to fit the minimum of trophy points and be allowed to have a platinum. This was the original Item World, no fancy schancy stuff like Level Orbs or Level Fish or whatnot, the only way you could level up a weapon's power in Item World was by going down levels and double-killing Item Bosses. Disgaea 1 weapons at full level up were piss-weak compared to what you get in Disgaea 5 Complete... but I love the idea of going back to a simple Disgaea game, none of this crazy Item World planning. And this game was the first game to require you to level up various classes to unlock stronger classes. They also had a nifty mechanic where you had to win special battles to unlock new options for your characters in the Dark Assembly, and each special battle was much harder than the last. ^_^

Having played and loved both Hour of Darkness on PS1 and Afternoon of Darkness on PSP while I was traveling by the public bus, this game will be the shot of nostalgic I need after I platinum the three Spyro remakes on the Reignited Trilogy, and I bet I could use it for kingofbattle's Halloween Pyramid because the main character is a demon lord! HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA!!! ?

And it would be cool if they complete the remakes by giving Disgaea 2 trophy support too. Cursed Memories was the game that I got in a Blockbuster and got me hooked on the Netherworld mythos, it would be a Sin of Pringer X if they didn't remake that! I do expect it to take a while, it probably be announced until 2020, but hey, I am only going to be 46 this December, I'm still considered young and I will have a long time to live. ;)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrKittyEmperor said:

Seems like its more or less ylur standard Disgaea trophies.  Though considering that I don't have any Disgaea platinums this is also one that I probably won't be earning.

This is actually on the easy side. No need to get every weapon.

2 hours ago, UItimate_Battler said:

Level up 10k times? 1f605.png It look a festival of grind

Not as much as it sounds like. To start with, 10,000 means it takes into account Transmigration, so you only have to get to Lv1000 10 times, and once you get past Lv99, leveling speeds up a ton.

But because it's Disgaea 1, that trophy isn't anywhere near as easy as it might be in more recent games.

Honestly, if you only have to beat the Level 4000 Baal once, that didn't require massive grinding with Yoshitsunas and Super Robo Suits.  I think the list looks pretty tame compared to Disgaea 5.  Now the EX bosses on the other hand, that could be a whole different story and that may be the true grind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I will plat the game very soon, I only have Hyperdrive, 10m damage and Etna mode left.

It took me nowhere near 100 hours, with skipping of animations and story. 

If you know the game and know what you're doing, plating the game isn't that bad.

I can see newcommers taking over 100 hours though.

Just make sure, if you're new, to read all the info. Getting a stack of Statisticans early is really helpful. Rushing through Item World to get very strong really strong is also really helpful. Make sure to get Armsmasters for fast mastery. Make sure you focus on generics so you can turn them into Majins. and so on ... Just make sure you inform yourself to not waste hours grinding nonsensical.

Also the game will get much easier with patches. They - for example - increased the max. Statistican level in JP. Making sure you can get 7x XP instead of only 4x XP. Ans they increased Geo Effect animations. All stuff that will make the plat even shorter.

My main issue were the crashes all the time. It crashed 8 times, several times during Item Word. It seems to be fixen in JP, but not on my EU version yet. That's also why I haven't done the Hyperdrive yet, I would hate losing to a crash