PS Store US vs PS Store Canada

smas16

I just checked the new sale on both PS stores , and since I'm from EU I didn't know there was a value difference between US dollar and Canada dollar or am I wrong ? Which store got the best discounts due the dollar value ? Here some points :

20 dollar psn card CANADA - 12.42€

20 dollar psn card US.           - 16.27€

I noticed that some games are more 0.40 or 0.50 dollars on CANADA store than US store :

Energy cycle / invasion/balance - 2.39$ CANADA

Energy cycle / invasion / balance - 1.79$ US

But :

Arcade series 3-in-1 pack - 5.19$ CANADA

Arcade series 3-in-1 pack - 5.19$ US 

Then you got :

The Nathan Drake's Collection - 29.99$ CANADA

The Nathan Drake's Collection - 19.99$ US

1 Year PS Plus CANADA - 37.26 €

1 Year PS Plus US -  48.79 €

So what do you think about this , PS store Canada worth it? 

Easy way of putting it, €20 is $23.37 usd and $30.41 cad.

So if you bought that Nathan Drake collection on the US store, you'd still have $3.37 left.

If you bought it on the Canada store you'd have 41 cents left. 

Also I know if you use a New York address, you won't have to pay tax (I live in New York and don't pay tax on PSN)

Edited by NutellaOrgies

4 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Easy way of putting it, €20 is $23.37 usd and $30.41 cad.

So if you bought that Nathan Drake collection on the US store, you'd still have $3.37 left.

If you bought it on the Canada store you'd have 41 cents left. 

Also I know if you use a New York address, you won't have to pay tax (I live in New York and don't pay tax on PSN)

Yes but some games worth buying in CANADA store if they are the same as US right and PS plus is much cheaper in CANADA 

6 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I usually buy my ps plus on Black Friday where you can get a year for $30 usd

I buy it from my EU account which is 59.99€ so I'm guessing to start buying in US or Canada account 

It depends. Newer games it normally doesn't matter, as the prices are set to be basically the same with exchange rate. If you're looking at older games (PS3 and early PS4 games) the price will be the same so will be a better deal on the Canadian store, due to the prices being set the same at the time and not adjusted after.

5 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Us all Trophy Hunters are always get same games and trophies from by stacking it.

This sentence makes no sense. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gage said:

It depends. Newer games it normally doesn't matter, as the prices are set to be basically the same with exchange rate. If you're looking at older games (PS3 and early PS4 games) the price will be the same so will be a better deal on the Canadian store, due to the prices being set the same at the time and not adjusted after.

This sentence makes no sense. 

Is that all you got to say?

It really depends. I've noticed many times that the US store tends to be cheaper by 1 or 2 dollars though when factoring in the conversion rates. 

Buttt, there were some instances where they were both the same price so in that case the Canadian one is favourable. 

28 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

PS Store US is way better. Us all Trophy Hunters are always get same games and trophies from by stacking it.

I honestly don't understand what you mean. Not hating by the way. 

26 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

PS Store US is way better. Us all Trophy Hunters are always get same games and trophies from by stacking it.

This is the same with the Canadian store too, it is also classified as NA store for region stacks.

You could always just have both and price match. It is amazing how much difference there is in price of games between stores. From my experience I would rate the US store as one of the worst for price and deals over the last 3 years.

1 minute ago, cjshaitan said:

This is the same with the Canadian store too, it is also classified as NA store for region stacks.

You could always just have both and price match. It is amazing how much difference there is in price of games between stores. From my experience I would rate the US store as one of the worst for price and deals over the last 3 years.

I already know that. You are half right on one thing. It's clearly about the prices and shitty sales though but at the same there are still a few decent games to purchase.

9 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

It really depends. I've noticed many times that the US store tends to be cheaper by 1 or 2 dollars though when factoring in the conversion rates. 

Buttt, there were some instances where they were both the same price so in that case the Canadian one is favourable. 

I honestly don't understand what you mean. Not hating by the way. 

No Offense. I always go on PS Store Us to purchase same games for stacking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

I already know that. You are half right on one thing. It's clearly about the prices and shitty sales though but at the same there are still a few decent games to purchase.

Yep for sure. Luckily most of the games on the US store do come out on the Canadian too. What I don't understand is why many games don't come out on the AU / NZ (is there an NZ store ? ) but do on the UK. I mean it is unfair to make people in developing countries like Australia and New Zealand to have to get pounds or euros. Everyone knows Europeans are rich but its not fair for the rest of us.

Edited by cjshaitan

4 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Yep for sure. Luckily most of the games on the US store do come out on the Canadian too. What I don't understand is why many games don't come out on the AU / NZ (is there an NZ store ? ) but do on the UK. I mean it is unfair to make people in developing countries like Australia and New Zealand to have to get pounds or euros. Everyone knows Europeans are rich but its not fair for the rest of us.

Fuck. Chaos;Child PS4 and PS Vita. You have those but I don't. That's leave a red flag.

54 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Yes , but if the price is the same on CANADA and US you better go for CANADA.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SyumiSan said:

But how is CAD cheaper that USD? I am at a loss o.o.

I have a North American PSN...so I do not understand :(

Conversion rate.

We at EU love to do things differently so we have a crapload of currencies.

And every currency has a conversion rate to the other ones. Canadian dollar ends up being cheaper than the US one for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SyumiSan said:

But how is CAD cheaper that USD? I am at a loss o.o.

I have a North American PSN...so I do not understand :(

Well , it depends , some games are cheaper and some are higher but 1 year PS plus In Canada is 37€ and 1 year PS plus in US is 48€

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Conversion rate.

We at EU love to do things differently so we have a crapload of currencies.

And every currency has a conversion rate to the other ones. Canadian dollar ends up being cheaper than the US one for us.

2 hours ago, smas16 said:

Well , it depends , some games are cheaper and some are higher but 1 year PS plus In Canada is 37€ and 1 year PS plus in US is 48€

That totally makes since. I only use the USA USD PSN so I do not how it works. Interesting. I do have a JPN Nintendo ID... is that bad?