All Guitar Hero servers closing down December 1, 2018?

mikey-72

29 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Source?

They're asking the question rather than stating those opinions. Guitar Hero Hits was shut down unannounced so maybe the other GH games will. Personally the main reason I won't do any Guitar Hero games is the price of the equipment, it's too expensive and only works for one type of game. 

Bloody hell @Lance_87 don't show @Sergen stuff like that. We will see him make videos of showing people up in Injustice using a guitar or beating ninja gaiden 2 with just a foot pedal from the drum set or something. Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out a budget I'd need to do both with a controller (read as: multiple controllers and dents in the wall)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

Guitar Hero Hits was shut down unannounced so maybe the other GH games will. 

Technically the Guitar Hero Hits servers have always been active. It's just that they're so unstable at this point that it's next to impossible to get into a game and if you actually happen to then you'll disconnect before you can even finish a song. Activision don't really seem too keen on fixing it either.

In response to OP, I wouldn't be surprised.. Next to nobody plays them anymore and they're getting pretty old. It's about that time that servers for every game on PS3 will start closing one by one anyway. Makes me glad I finished them all back in 2009 when there were still people playing online.

Edited by SlimSanta94

1 hour ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Bloody hell @Lance_87 don't show @Sergen stuff like that. We will see him make videos of showing people up in Injustice using a guitar or beating ninja gaiden 2 with just a foot pedal from the drum set or something. Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out a budget I'd need to do both with a controller (read as: multiple controllers and dents in the wall)

There's actually someone I know who has done a boss fight on NGS2 with a guitar hero controller, so yeah... But the equipment is still too much when it is only necessary for one genre, any other game people use it for is just to challenge themselves on a difficult game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

There's actually someone I know who has done a boss fight on NGS2 with a guitar hero controller, so yeah... But the equipment is still too much when it is only necessary for one genre, any other game people use it for is just to challenge themselves on a difficult game. 

way back in the ps1 era I remember playing and beating the glimmer level in spyro 2 using Gran Turismo 2's steering wheel.

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

Damn! It's ridiculous how people can do stuff like that and at the other end of the spectrum there's people out there too lazy to do Sound Shapes and Telltale games without a downloaded save. OT though, if you're wanting to get a group together for various GH games, just in case they go offline, I'd make sure they are dedicated and not just 'up for the idea of getting some UR platinums'. Those games, especially Metallica from what I understand are no joke (and is one of them (greatest hits/smash hits, something like that is already down and has been for a while?). Wish you all the best with it though @mikey-72

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 5:46 PM, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Damn! It's ridiculous how people can do stuff like that and at the other end of the spectrum there's people out there too lazy to do Sound Shapes and Telltale games without a downloaded save. OT though, if you're wanting to get a group together for various GH games, just in case they go offline, I'd make sure they are dedicated and not just 'up for the idea of getting some UR platinums'. Those games, especially Metallica from what I understand are no joke (and is one of them (greatest hits/smash hits, something like that is already down and has been for a while?). Wish you all the best with it though @mikey-72

Thank you, I got all the online trophies I needed. I don't know if the servers are actually down by now but I was happy to get the online trophies over with anyways! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikey-72 said:

Thank you, I got all the online trophies I needed. I don't know if the servers are actually down by now but I was happy to get the online trophies over with anyways! 

Congrats mate, that's quite an achievement. I used to love the GH series but just fell away from it, didn't quite have the skill needed for some of what was being asked lol glad you got done what you aimed for ??

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

is anybody still looking and willing to help? I have GH Metallica and WoR that I need to get the platinum for and all I need are the online trophies..

The servers are shut down now. Activision shut all their music game servers down fairly recently.

Edited by starcrunch061