Valkyria Chronicles 4 Collector's Edition

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

If it's anything like the PS3/PS4 Remaster, it's certainly worth a look. Probably my favorite game of last gen.

I might actually break my usual rule of, you know, not wasting my money, and buy the Collector's Edition.

Has anybody played it yet, on the Japanese version?

There's one review up on Metacritic for the PS4 version (none for the other versions), a French site giving it 19/20.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/test/845104/valkyria-chronicles-4-la-serie-fait-son-veritable-retour.htm

Translated:

+ Positive points
Great wealth of gameplay
New things that change the game
Intense challenge
Impressive staging
Many very successful characters
Good life
Sublime soundtrack
DLCs that are worth it
- Negative points
No graphical progression
Bad credible villains

18 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

I could get it for about 65e, but I don't think I want the tank. Wonder how worth getting the DLC is, kind of wish it was about VC3 characters as I've already played with Squad 7 enough.

I see the regular game for €60, both retail and digital.

For me it's not just the tank but also the art book.

6 minutes ago, phoenix9447 said:

Hmmm I wanna bite but 100€ is a bit much for that no? Depends on the quality of the statue

€100 isn't that much for a collector's edition any more, the higher profile games go for €120-€130 these days.

• 1 month later...
On 16. August 2018 at 10:03 AM, mecharobot said:

I could get it for about 65e, but I don't think I want the tank. Wonder how worth getting the DLC is, kind of wish it was about VC3 characters as I've already played with Squad 7 enough.

Well, for a fact the DLC missions unlock Welkin, Alicia, Rosie, Largo, Isara and Edy as playable (and swapable) soldiers for your squad.

Welkin brings along the Edelweiß, Isara is her own soldier. Alicia has her Mysterious Body power, Largo comes as Veggie-Maniac.

It's quite the feast and bonus - but I can see your point in regards to the PSP games.

But I gotta say they managed to link it together in an intresting way, as the stories from the first and fourth game are timely running alongside each other.

Just opened it up, and it all looks very good. Statuette and art book have a nice quality feel to it.

I also like the box it came in. Specifically, I like how it seems perfect to hold my N64 games, when just two days ago I was thinking about how I don't have a box to put my N64 games in and hadn't yet figured out an answer to that conundrum.

3 hours ago, Spawn said:

Just opened it up, and it all looks very good. Statuette and art book have a nice quality feel to it.

I also like the box it came in. Specifically, I like how it seems perfect to hold my N64 games, when just two days ago I was thinking about how I don't have a box to put my N64 games in and hadn't yet figured out an answer to that conundrum.

I was thinking the same thing, although for me 3DS and Vita games ?

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Johnathan994 said:

Yes :D my copy is coming on saturday :D I might try and get the plat in VC1 before then as I only need 3 more trophies :D 

The big things I need to do are A rank a couple of missions and I need to kill aces and I would have the VC1 platinum also. However with how much I'm loving 4 that will be on the backburner.