Samis-86: a platter, not a splatter.

UPDATE TIME!

100% #26: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X!

Oh my. First RE I actually beat. A rank wasn't too hard (in retrospect, it annoyed the hell out of me then), took a couple of days' worth of tries. Battle game wasn't too bad either, Wesker was the worst with the hunters. Overall a great game and I'm expecting a lot from RE4 which I'll start to play any day now.

Plat. #51: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit!

I sucked at races. I mean really, the dlc races took me a month. :D Once I eventually got the hang of things they got easier though. The cop events took me one evening and one morning to beat and I just did the grind for bounty lvl 20. A good game, I liked this a lot more than SHIFT and I hope The Run is more like this. :)

Next up: RE4, Mass Effect and Dead Space. And maybe NfS The Run.

• 2 weeks later...

Plat. #52: Dead Space!

Well, this is a really good game. :) Impossible difficulty made me pull out my hair a few times (atrium fights, Leviathan and chapter 10-12 come to mind) but it was definitely doable. Got the last of my weapon kills on playthrough #3 in chapter 5 so they took a while as well. I was scared all the time when I played on impossible because it was so easy to die. :D

Next up: RE4 and DS2.

This is a real great list! Best of luck on your fighting games; they'd make for one hell of a collection,

Thank you! Yeah they sure would lol :D Once I have time to start SSF4 (and when I get USF4) it'll be joining the list of games of "so close yet so far". :P I have some trophies in MK vs DC, KOF13 and P4A I know I can get but the trials/challenges/missions...aaaa. One day.

Ok it looks like I should make a post dedicated to my great efforts with the hardcore mode in Dead Space 2.

1st death: wrong way at start

2nd death: same

3rd death: tried to run for the elevator after getting Kinesis, got killed

4th death: same as #1 & #2

5th death: didn't connect with Stasis after getting it, got killed

6th death: killed by an Exploder in chapter 2

7th death: got killed by a Slasher in the first security lock section

8th death: same

9th death: same as #6

10th death: laundry room in chapter 2

11th death: same as #6 and #9

12th death: Slasher came through a door in chapter 2 and grabbed/killed me from almost full health

13th death: made it to the tram in chapter 2 only to run out of ammo and get killed by a brute. Like 5 minutes before I would've saved. Really.

Edited by Samis-86

Progress! :)

1st SAVE: chapter 3, before the random spawn. Turns out I wouldn't have needed it but didn't feel like taking chances. :D

14th death: couldn't open a Kinesis door in chapter 5. Oh well. If I couldn't do that I deserved to die.

2nd SAVE: the very beginning of chapter 8.

I'M HALFWAY THERE WOOOO

15th death: a Slasher killed me in chapter 8. I don't know what happened.

16th death: I blew myself up in chapter 9. I don't know what happened.

17th death: an Exploder jumped into my lap in chapter 10. I died.

3rd SAVE: Right after the drill ride in chapter 13. I CAN DO THIS!

Edited by Samis-86
  • Like 1

You have a awesome checklist Samis , including Dead or Alive 5.

DOA5 is the ultimate (=easy) version. Thank you anyway. :)

/edit: UPDATE TIME! :)

Plat. #53 / Trophy #3,000: Dead Space 2!

Ok, I'm seriously taking a liking to the DS series (although I think I need a bit of a break now). The game felt shorter than the first one but it's a good game so I don't mind. Hardcore was brutal in the beginning but got easier towards the end. The "Severed" dlc was short but a nice addition. A plat/100% to be proud of.

Next up: Resident Evil 4.

Edited by Samis-86

DOA5 is the ultimate (=easy) version. Thank you anyway. :)

/edit: UPDATE TIME! :)

Plat. #53 / Trophy #3,000: Dead Space 2!

Ok, I'm seriously taking a liking to the DS series (although I think I need a bit of a break now). The game felt shorter than the first one but it's a good game so I don't mind. Hardcore was brutal in the beginning but got easier towards the end. The "Severed" dlc was short but a nice addition. A plat/100% to be proud of.

Next up: Resident Evil 4.

In case you planned on playing Dead Space 3, its a major disappointment compared to the first two games.

Nice work on your DS2 platinum

Awesome platinums! Especially Mortal Mobat, join the club  :highfive:

Questions, how difficult did you find Street FIghter x Tekken and Sonic Racing Transformed? And how frustrating was War Party from Far Cry 2?

P.S. Oh, and you say from the first page you hate the kombo challenges from MK vs DC, one thing I found that helped, sounds stupid, but lightly press the buttons, and you won't get as stressed, like I did a lot! Take Shang Tsung's #9 kombo for example. That took me 3+ weeks on and off to do. Because I was getting so mad, I hit the buttons so hard and often made mistakes. But then I just tapped the combination buttons really softly, like I was hardly hitting them and I managed to do the Shang Tsung #9 about 5 times in a row! It sounds really silly but trust me it helps! Good luck! :)

Awesome platinums! Especially Mortal Mobat, join the club  :highfive:

Questions, how difficult did you find Street FIghter x Tekken and Sonic Racing Transformed? And how frustrating was War Party from Far Cry 2?

P.S. Oh, and you say from the first page you hate the kombo challenges from MK vs DC, one thing I found that helped, sounds stupid, but lightly press the buttons, and you won't get as stressed, like I did a lot! Take Shang Tsung's #9 kombo for example. That took me 3+ weeks on and off to do. Because I was getting so mad, I hit the buttons so hard and often made mistakes. But then I just tapped the combination buttons really softly, like I was hardly hitting them and I managed to do the Shang Tsung #9 about 5 times in a row! It sounds really silly but trust me it helps! Good luck! :)

Thanks! MK was a grind for sure, happy to have survived that. :D

SFxT and Sonic Transformed...SFxT was grindy with "do 500 this and 500 that" but it was an easy platinum. In my opinion it was a nice game. Sonic Transformed felt BRUTAL when I started it, the first one took a few days to plat and suddenly I'm finishing last all the time. I put it down for a couple of months because I felt I couldn't do it but when I had that "oooooh so THAT's how I'm supposed to race" feeling it got a lot easier. Not an easy plat, I'm very proud of it, and it was a nice game. But I love Sonic so..no matter what the game's like, if it has Sonic in it it's gotta be good. :D

War Party, I think I got lucky with that. Took only a few tries, we had a good booster group going for it.

Thanks for the tips with MK vs DC. I'll try them again at some point. I did get Sub-Zero and Batman done (though they were EASY) so I can't say I can't get anything done. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Plat. #54: Need for Speed: The Run! ^_^

Good game! Liked the "story" (:P) more than in Hot Pursuit. Online's broken and getting the objectives (especially the dlc ones) is very luck-based. Leveling up to 30 took some time as well. The challenges took a few tries but weren't too bad. Another plat to feel proud of.

Next up: RE5..maybe a little NfS Most Wanted and Mass Effect. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Plat. #55: Resident Evil 5!

Great game! Good story! The plat in itself was easyish, thanks to my friend Jasevar25 who helped me out with Professional difficulty, but getting 100% took a bit more time (mostly because of Versus which got grindy very fast). Looking forward to RE Revelations.

Next up: NfS Most Wanted/BioShock/RE Revelations.

• 2 months later...

Plat. #56: Resident Evil: Revelations!

GOD this platinum took a loooong time. Campaign mode was easy breezy beautiful but raid mode? Psh. 90 hours I spent in that mode, getting S ranks and farming for weapons/parts in Ghost Ship (without much luck btw). Thanks again to Jasevar25 for the journey that lead us to the plat. :) A GREAT game but raid mode is veeeery hard to 100%. 

Next up: I don't even know. Probably NfS Most Wanted.

• Like 1

Plat. #57: Tomb Raider: Anniversary!

Having a hard time to remember if this game was hard or not as I only needed the Croft Manor time trial to plat this game, I'd taken a break before because the controls messed up so many of my runs. A good game, happy to have platted this.

Plat. #58: God of War: Ascension!

Hard mode was a pain, the collectibles were easy, Archimedes' trials were TOUGH but I found the last boss duo to be a whole lot TOUGHER. An amazing game (loooove GoW), hopefully there's more to come.

Plat. #58: God of War: Ascension!

Hard mode was a pain, the collectibles were easy, Archimedes' trials were TOUGH but I found the last boss duo to be a whole lot TOUGHER. An amazing game (loooove GoW), hopefully there's more to come.

Was thinking about doing ascension but the online pass issue annoys me. I'd have to pay about £10 more to get it brand new.