Samis-86: a platter, not a splatter.

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, a new plat has been added! I'll try to make a habit of reporting a bit about my new plats.

LittleBigPlanet 1. I started this in December, did some of the tutorials and thought the Expert Creator should've popped and it didn't and I thought it was glitched and I said "well, to hell with this". Then I picked the game up again and noticed green question marks in the tutorials. Did a few of them and DING! After that I played the game's story mode and online like any normal person.

I liked this game! I'm installing LBP2 as I'm typing this, probably won't actually start it though until I've cleared some more of my backlog. Check out the "Games I am working on" -section. Which one do you think I might have a chance at tackling? Those are all games I'm for one reason or another finding extremely difficult so they tend to stay unplayed. Double Dragon Neon I think I might be able to do, but which of the plattable games should I nail next?

Also since my starting post I've managed to 100% Street Fighter 3: Online Edition. Damn those trials. A short game, liked it though, pretty and simple. :)

/edit: Oops. It seems I also platted Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones after I started this topic. Grinding sand credits was a bit boring but not too bad. A LOT easier than Warrior Within. Looking forward to the two remaining PoPs. 

Edited by Samis-86

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I have to triplepost. Damn. Oh well.

100% # 11: Double Dragon Neon. I love this game!!! I love the music, the funny dialogue, everything. Trying to co-op alone was painful but when my roommate helped me in the later stages it got much easier. I can recommend this game to everyone. <3

Plat. # 32: LittleBigPlanet2. The levels were harder to ace, the people online were mostly children or people who didn't speak English or any other language I'm capable of speaking, but the game itself was fun. A tougher plat than the first one imo. 

Thanks! It's been a while since someone left a comment. Hey I finished some more games!

100 % # 12: Tekken Revolution. Like someone said in the chat room: Tekken = <3, Tekken Revolution = Tekken, so Tekken Revolution = <3. I'm sad Xiaoyu's not in the game but I did ok with Kazuya.

Plat. # 33: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. THIS GAME IS BRUTAL. Expert world tour made me rage and "Team Sonic" was horrible to boost. I added 12-13 guys for this one trophy alone and couldn't get 2-3 of them online at the same time. If I did then a) the person added wouldn't really help me, B) the person who said would help me didn't really speak English and understand what they were supposed to do (=nothing). Multiplayer is fun but for trophy hunters this game is tough.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow it's been a long time since I last updated this thing. Here we go.

100% #13: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I. Love Sonic, Untouchable was tough.

100% #14: Virtua Fighter 2. Easy.

100% #15: Golden Axe. Perfect Win was tough, other than that very easy 100%.

100% #16: Alex Kidd in Miracle World. Easy. 

100% #17: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II. Still love Sonic, some of the special stages were annoying.

100% #18: X-Men. I love this game! Easy trophies.

Plat. #34: Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate. Compared to vanilla (which I still haven't platted) this game was ridiculously easy to plat. Online trophies were impossible until the patch. But the game is pretty and good. :)

Edited by Samis-86

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marvel vs. Capcom Origins isn't very hard, but the trophy requirements are repetitive (e.g. beat both games with every character). To beat MvC1 without continuing, try using Captain America and Megaman or Roll. Cap. Am.'s Jumping Fierce has lots of priority and is really useful against Onslaught.

Marvel vs. Capcom Origins isn't very hard, but the trophy requirements are repetitive (e.g. beat both games with every character). To beat MvC1 without continuing, try using Captain America and Megaman or Roll. Cap. Am.'s Jumping Fierce has lots of priority and is really useful against Onslaught.

Yeah I gave up pretty fast. I'll try again one of these days. :)

• 1 month later...

Very nice list! I saw that you are working on Tomb Raider: Legend. You will have no trouble with that platinum. It took me less than a week and I only played for like 2-3 hours a day.

Thanks! I'm very close to platting Legend, it seems easy but I'm so proud because I suck at TR. :D

Nice collection. Impressive feat platting Mortal Kombat while playing every now and then, wish I had that much time to play games.

MK doesn't take that much time except for the kung fu trophies. And in the last few months I've had a bit more time to play :) Any ideas what I should tackle next? I'm playing AC1 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (although those games don't have trophies) so I can move on to their sequels. I tried Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Iron Man too but I suck so much at those games so I'll probably let them be for now. I'm also thinking about starting Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 1. So many games, ugh.. :D

• Like 1

MK doesn't take that much time except for the kung fu trophies. And in the last few months I've had a bit more time to play :) Any ideas what I should tackle next? I'm playing AC1 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (although those games don't have trophies) so I can move on to their sequels. I tried Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Iron Man too but I suck so much at those games so I'll probably let them be for now. I'm also thinking about starting Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 1. So many games, ugh.. :D

You could go for Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Qforce and Nexus. Dragon Age Origins, God of War III, Okami HD and Uncharted are great games imo. Don't know if you like shooter rpg's, but if you do, you might want to check out Mass Effect trilogy.

You could go for Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Qforce and Nexus. Dragon Age Origins, God of War III, Okami HD and Uncharted are great games imo. Don't know if you like shooter rpg's, but if you do, you might want to check out Mass Effect trilogy.

I just started Uncharted! Seems like a good game but again one I suck at. I guess I'll learn. A4O is very close to platinum, I'll definitely do the other Ratchets soon. GoW III is also close, I just need to finish Titan Mode. Funny that you mentioned Mass Effect, I've been looking for the trilogy for some time now, I'll probably buy it from Amazon. :)

I just started Uncharted! Seems like a good game but again one I suck at. I guess I'll learn. A4O is very close to platinum, I'll definitely do the other Ratchets soon. GoW III is also close, I just need to finish Titan Mode. Funny that you mentioned Mass Effect, I've been looking for the trilogy for some time now, I'll probably buy it from Amazon. :)

You have excellent taste in games and you're okay in my book :highfive: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally, some additions!

Plat. #37 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I suck at shooters and Tomb Raider-ish games so I'm very proud of this platinum. Some chapters were brutal (#4 and the monastery/church ones come to mind) but doable. I liked this game a lot.

Plat. #38 Assassin's Creed II. Took me a long time to beat AC1 and I wanted to get it done before moving on to AC2. The feathers were a bit annoying, other than that a very easy plat and I LOVED this game.

Plat. #39 Tomb Raider: Legend. Again, I suck at TR-ish games. I never even beat a TR before. The time trials were nerve-wrecking and the final boss was glitchy which was annoying but overall a fairly doable plat.

Plat. #40 Soul Calibur II HD Online. I played this game a LOT on PS2 so this was an easy plat. Hoping for a SC3 remake.. <3

Plat. #41 Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Online seemed weird (or maybe it's just me, I'm not a huge fan of playing online). An easy game and an easy plat.

Plat. #42 Dante's Inferno. I didn't want to plat this before I got the dlc trophies done (thanks to JadedDragos and ScreechingOwl). Definitely a GoW rip-off but I love GoW so I'm not complaining at all. :D An easy game and an easy plat.

Plat. #43 God of War III. I LOVE GoW. Too many collectibles imo and Titan difficulty had its rough moments but overall a very doable plat.

100% #19 KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days. My fastest 100%. :P Sad they couldn't remake the actual game.

100% #20 Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins. Took me a while to learn how to play this game properly but once I got the hang of it this game got a lot easier. Onslaught was cheap as hell which annoyed me a lot but otherwise a very nice game.

Plat. #44: Jak II. The lack of checkpoints irritated the hell out of me but hey, a platformer that I just had to plat. :D If this game had more checkpoints I would've LOVED it.

100% #21: PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX. Pac-Man is a great game, grinding the time trials started to feel a bit of a chore towards the end. If you like Pac-Man even a bit but haven't played this, get it.  :)

Edited by Samis-86