DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

This is so far one of the best rpgs ive ever played. Having alot of fun with it. 

Oh i agree 100%. One of the best rpgs on ps4

This game is similar to dragon quest 8, one of best rpg's of all time. :)
When i play DQXI i feel happy, thank you square enix ?
Even the side quests is a lot of fun, like defeating a cactuar gold after some fighting with normal cactuars (it reminds me the same method of tonberrys in FF8)

On Friday, September 07, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Nimera said:

This game is similar to dragon quest 8, one of best rpg's of all time. :)
When i play DQXI i feel happy, thank you square enix 1f61d.png
Even the side quests is a lot of fun, like defeating a cactuar gold after some fighting with normal cactuars (it reminds me the same method of tonberrys in FF8)

Oh absolutely. Dragon Quest VIII will always be one of my fav games of all time. Really surprised they didnt do a remake of it but also had alot of fun with heroes 1 and 2. Not far off from the play for either

18 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Looking forward to playing this after I'm done with Tomb Raider, is there an estimate of hours required for platinum?

clock says ~100h for me, but I left the console on while a friend visited one time for like 4 or 5 hours. so I would say around 95h. I used a guide for the collectibles because they are just lazy fillers imo. The rest of the game was superb and I loved every single second of it. It's nowhere near a Persona 4 or 5 for me but still very impressive. 

hope you have fun with it:)

39 minutes ago, J3dP89 said:

clock says ~100h for me, but I left the console on while a friend visited one time for like 4 or 5 hours. so I would say around 95h. I used a guide for the collectibles because they are just lazy fillers imo. The rest of the game was superb and I loved every single second of it. It's nowhere near a Persona 4 or 5 for me but still very impressive. 

hope you have fun with it:)

So no trophy is missable, right?

13 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Just got the platinum, such a marvelous game, I really hope Western audience gives it a try, this last trial on the wheel of harma was really trick 

Overall a outstanding achievement. 

I have not gotten to that part yet. this game is huge and i feel like someone who doesn't want to end the game, so fantastic that he is
Congratz on the plat :D

6 hours ago, Nimera said:

I have not gotten to that part yet. this game is huge and i feel like someone who doesn't want to end the game, so fantastic that he is
Congratz on the plat :D

I feel you mate, I was so sad when the platinum popped, better bittersweet :P

Happy for the plat and sad it was over, this horse race is also a very good place to earn continuous Mini medals, after filling up the 4th page he will start selling high end materials which will help you tremendously with the grind. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mah2c said:

I feel you mate, I was so sad when the platinum popped, better bittersweet :P

Happy for the plat and sad it was over, this horse race is also a very good place to earn continuous Mini medals, after filling up the 4th page he will start selling high end materials which will help you tremendously with the grind. 

I'm on the third page and I'm glad there's an extra method for these mini medals , thanks for the help mate :)

• Like 1

I have to say that I'm very grateful to Square-Enix for being so mindful about missables for trophies. There was this time when I thought I missed a costume piece that was sold by a non-shop NPC because when I went to it it was selling something else, but it turned out the previous item was now just sold normally at the shop NPC.

I haven't played a DQ game extensively since VIII, and this game made me feel like I was having an adventure around its world, not just simply accomplishing the main character's mission.

I should be finishing my Plat either today or tomorrow and I'm already wishing there was a Dragon Quest XII (or VIII with trophy support).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nimera said:

I'm on the third page and I'm glad there's an extra method for these mini medals , thanks for the help mate :)

No problem mate, just make sure to unlock the race as one of the rewards from Drustan labyrinth, also make sure to get all his rewards, :P this fight is worth it xD

10 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I have to say that I'm very grateful to Square-Enix for being so mindful about missables for trophies. There was this time when I thought I missed a costume piece that was sold by a non-shop NPC because when I went to it it was selling something else, but it turned out the previous item was now just sold normally at the shop NPC.

I haven't played a DQ game extensively since VIII, and this game made me feel like I was having an adventure around its world, not just simply accomplishing the main character's mission.

I should be finishing my Plat either today or tomorrow and I'm already wishing there was a Dragon Quest XII (or VIII with trophy support).

Yess, please. 

The PS2-PS4 games are sadly becoming a new abandon service from Sony, all I really wanted from then was Dragon Quest 8 and the xenosaga trilogy. I guess it won't happen trough which makes me really sad, a wasted opportunity. 

• Like 2

@Nimera @Mah2c on mini medal farming: isn't it better to steal them from the viscious slot machine monsters in the Trials? In Disciple's Trial 1F, which is the crypt, you can easily find them by falling in a hole. Seems faster than horse racing and saves the wish if you don't want to beat more of those bosses (since only 3 wishes are needed for the plat. Technically 2 since you can just reset after getting that one silver trophy from the wish)

Edited by AndresLionheart

4 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

@Nimera @Mah2c on mini medal farming: isn't it better to steal them from the viscious slot machine monsters in the Trials? In Disciple's Trial 1F, which is the crypt, you can easily find them by falling in a hole. Seems faster than horse racing and saves the wish if you don't want to beat more of those bosses (since only 3 wishes are needed for the plat. Technically 2 since you can just reset after getting that one silver trophy from the wish)

Yeah, you can steal from those machines, I just said because you also earn a very high end material for winning alongside the mini medals, so whatever works best, honestly each race finishes in a bit over a minute, netting you mini medal and a high end material. 

6 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

That's true but i found mah2c best method for getting those mini medals and later high material .