PS Vita Games Unfunctional

Spiersaz

Hello, the Vita is a great handheld. I really hated the UMDs on the PSP because how they were so easily breakable.

The chip-thingamejings the Vita uses are a hell a lot better. But, alot of errors occurs. When I first installed Rayman Origins it didn't work so I had to delete all data on the Vita. The game worked fine afterwards but now whenever I start it up it doesn't load. And the Vita still thinks it's inside even though I take the game out. Then when I turn it off it freezes so I have to turn it off through the error-menu. The same thing happens to Reality Fighters and I don't wanna reset all data again when I got more games.

Also, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus also makes the Vita freeze when I try to turn it off. But the game works fine and I can turn the machine off whenever the game isn't inside. Every game doesn't freeze thanksfully. Does anyone else have the same problem with Vita games?

Edited by Spiersaz

It seems, that Rayman doesn't work anymore due to the latest Vita-patch.

But that still doesn't explain, why the Vita would freeze.

If it happens with all games you try, it looks to me, as if the Vita might be broken.

I recently purchased Rayman origins only to find out I cant play it at all. I'm waiting for a time when I have no other games I want to play on my vita so I can format it and try playing it without firmware updates. At least i hope when i format the vita it takes the updates with it.

I had a problem when I first started Resistance: Burning Skies. The first mission only half loaded, half the objects didn't appear, no HUD, no onscreen weapon, couldn't progress past the first door. Had to reboot vita to make it work. Uncharted didn't have any issues but that was a download, as were the other 2 I played.

Damn, some of you guys seem to have terrible luck. I've not had a single Vita game (all cartridges) freeze or be unplayable and if it is a common occurrence I'd be looking at the Vita itself rather than the game.

Parker